Print

Author Topic: The Prophecy  (Read 65352 times)

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2003, 12:28:00 AM »
Oh? I'm evil? What was that little BWAHAHAHA thing *YOU* just did then?
Actually, I'm glad people are liking it. Yes it's...different...

CH 4's still scheduled for tomorrow.
GAH!! I'm gonna have to edit/revise the rest of my story! I'm getting re-hooked on finishing it up (from the completed original manuscript, anyway.) Part 3 needs some MAJOR work, though...

--------------------
If things don''t go your way, just keep complaining until your dreams come true.

Edited by - Sapphira on 4/18/2003 7:45:24 PM

"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2003, 10:56:00 AM »
On to the next chapter... (This is were the sci-fi aura starts.)

Chapter 4: Heartfelt Wish
--------------------------

Two months had passed. Slowly Bowser had captured more lands, but luckily most of the Mushroom World was still in tact. Dinosaur Land was still holding strong, since it was isolated and Bowser was more concerned with the mainland. Yoshi heard about the massacre, and he immediately departed to search for his missing friends. Meanwhile, other Yoshis helped harbor escapees of the conquered lands.
Unlike Dinosaur Land, other places were not so lucky. One of the cities, Rose Town, had put up a good fight, but they soon became defenseless against the inexorable army. They were forced to surrender; all the residents were now slaves of the vile Koopa Empire.
Princess Peach was still held at Bowser’s Castle as she waited for Mario, her knight in shining armor, to come. But he was missing. The princess was now three months along and slightly starting to show. Isolating herself in her room, she spent her time lamenting over the fate of the Mushroom Kingdom and her lost fiancé. It was late in the morning and Peach had just woken up and sat up in bed. There was a knock on the door, and the formidable image of Bowser entered the room.
“Good morning, Princess,” he said pleasantly, “How’s the little one?”
“What?!  How do you know about that?!” she demanded.
He looked at her nonchalantly. “Come now, Peach, don’t get so worked up.  It’s clearly unmistakable; anyone could tell.”
“Kamek told you, didn’t he?” she presumed.
“He had no choice.  I threatened to torture him.”
“Why are you here?”  She looked at him coldly. “I thought I told you not to bother me.”  She turned away and crossed her arms.
“I wanted to see a smile from you,” Bowser conveyed, “It makes your face so much more delightful. Come on, just a little one?” He placed his scaly claw on her arm. The princess spun around, fuming.
“Well tough luck, jerk!” she screamed, “You destroy my kingdom, kill my friends, separate me from my fiancé, and rape and impregnate me! Is that something to smile about?! Not to mention, this is only the *millionth* time you’ve kidnapped me! I’ll smile when everything’s normal, happy and peaceful once again, and the day you perish!” Her eyes clouded up. “I’m sick of you ruining my life! If you claim you love me so much, why do you torture me?! Uhhghh! Just go away…!” She turned away distraught as tears streamed down her rosy cheeks. She plopped down on her bed.
“There, there…” Bowser comforted, “You just lie down and everything’ll be all right…” He pulled out a small device as he attempted to ease her. Peach caught a glimpse of it; it was a hypodermic injection.
“What’s that?!” she shrieked, “What are you doing?!” She shrank away in terror, but Bowser grabbed her by the ankle and pulled her back. Peach struggled to free herself, but he was too powerful.
“Don’t worry, it won’t hurt,” he reassured, “Hold still…”  He pressed the device to her neck and injected her.
“Aaaahh!” she shrilled, flinching, “What’d you do to me?! Aaahh…! Help!!” A painful tingling sensation surged through her body.
“It’s designed to help you,” Bowser stated, “It’ll speed up the pregnancy…”
“What?!  How…?!” her voice trailed off.
“Let’s just say, that if this works, you’re due in one month.”
Her eyes widened. “How is that possible?!” she gasped. “I don’t even want this child! It’s a monster, just like you!!” she screamed vehemently. “Get outta my sight! Now!”
“You’ll thank me one day!” he shouted, “You wouldn’t last six months, let alone the full twelve!” With that, the detestable monster stormed out of the room.
“Wait!” the princess screamed, “*Twelve* months?! It’d take a *year*?!” She shuddered at the thought as Bowser slammed the door shut. “Urghhh!! I hate you, Bowser!” Peach was both outraged and petrified, her emotions tangled in a huge disarray. She sat down on her bed, overwhelmed with everything.
A light tapping sound was heard.  It was coming from the balcony window.  Peach walked over—it was him!
“Twink!” she cried out. Quickly she opened the door. “You came back!”
“Oh, Princess! How are you holding up?” the young Star Kid asked compassionately. The princess looked away and gave a heavy sigh. Understanding how she felt, he changed the subject.
“…I got you a gift.  Well…actually…a gift for your daughter…”
Peach looked at him curiously. “A daughter…? It’s a girl…? How do you kn—wait! How did you find out about this whole thing?” *I never told him anything… There’s no way he could have known…* She was very dumbfounded, her mind whirling a mile a minute.
Twink smacked his forehead. “Oh… I wasn’t supposed to tell you…!” He shook his head and sighed. “Oh well… The Stars know everything that goes on in the world. I mean…well…*I* don’t know everything, since I’m just a Star Kid…” he rambled, “But…I do know what happens, well…to you…” Her mind registered the concept and a thought occurred to her.
“Twink!  Are you saying that you’re, like, a Star Guardian?!”
“…In a way, yes…” he hesitated, thinking of a way to explain it, “Risen Stars can choose the person they wish to protect.”
“…And you chose me?”  She was beginning to understand. “Oh, thank you, Twink.”
“Remember Geno?” he asked.
“Geno?”  She thought for a second. “Oh!  Yes, I had almost forgotten about him!”
Twink continued, “Well, he watches over Gaz—remember him?—of Rose Town.”  Peach’s thoughts shifted as she heard these words.
“Oh…are they okay?” she asked concernedly, “…I heard Rose Town was…destroyed…”
“I…I’m not sure…” he replied, uncertain, “Right now, he and his mother are among the missing…”
“Oh…I hope they’re all right…” she trailed off, “Say…do you know if Mario or my friends are okay?” Her eyes glimmered with a touch of hope.
Twink looked at her doubtfully. “…They’re also missing… I’m sorry…” He spoke reluctantly, “A lot of people have fled to Yoshi’s Island, since Dinosaur Land is safe for now…” He trailed off and realized the whole point of why he had come. “Oh yeah! Here’s your gift.”
The princess opened the mystical pouch and her eyes locked on to a gorgeous glowing star dangling from a golden chain.
“Oh…It’s beautiful!” she awed, mesmerized, “Thank you, Twink!  You’re so sweet…”
“It’s a Star Pendant,” Twink explained, “When worn it helps you in need… It helps the Stars hear your wishes more loudly and clearly, so they can find you quicker.”
“Oh, thank you! You don’t know how much this means to me.” She cherished it in her heart as she spoke to the little Star. Studying his eyes, she looked at him wholeheartedly. “Twink…I have a request. My child—when she’s born—will need a Star Guardian to watch over her. Would you…?” she trailed off for Twink knew what she had implied.
“Oh, Princess, I’d be honored!” His face brightened, but soon it faded down again. “But…it’s not my decision… The Star Spirits must agree to it…” Peach glanced at the floor, mindlessly inspecting her nails, then looked back to the Star Kid.
“Would you…be able to find Mario?” She paused. “If you do, please tell him I’m all right…and so is his daughter…
“But Peach, he’s not the…”
“Please…” she pressed, “Tell him… He needs to know…” Her voice quavered as she averted her eyes away in anguish. Twink felt great pity for her.
“I…I’ll do my best,” he replied, “Goodbye, Princess…” Twink slowly flew away into the distance. He hated having to leave her, but it was the best he could do for her.
“Goodbye!” she waved sadly, “…Oh…be careful, Twink…”  
The princess slowly closed the balcony window as sorrow poured over her heart. And she prayed for him, for her kingdom, her friends, for Mario.

Edited by - Sapphira on 4/18/2003 7:55:12 PM

"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2003, 08:54:00 PM »
Wow. I mean, this may sound a bit odd seeing as how I've never posted a fanfic here... but your style is quite a bit similar to mine in writing! (I mean, by the sheer detail involved.)<p>The glaring difference between me and you is that your writing is far more serious. (Well, this story, anyways.) I mean... I'm a lot more funny in a satirical point of view... and of course, I have to create my own original characters... I really can't use Mario or Luigi to their potential... But my major evil character ALWAYS has to be an original character.</p><p>I love how deep this story is, and you have a real flair for writing. Excellent work! Keep it up! I give it a</p><p>4
(Sigma) k
k=1</p><p>Out of 10 so far! I mean, you almost inspired me to post a fanfic here... almost.</p><p>Congratulations! You have just been blessed by the wisdom of Steve.</p>

--

A Letter to my 16 Year Old Self Sent From 10 Years In the Future

Hello! You might not recognise me. You probably do, though. I don't look much different than you. A few pounds heavier, but I mean other than that... I have come to post this message on the extreme off chance that I somehow wind up being 16 years old again, somehow.

Kid, you're not quite right in the head. You probably realise this to an extent, but it's a lot worse than you think. Don't worry, when you grow up you'll realise that writing PeachXBowser rapefic while being vehemently against even minor swears is also not normal. Not even close. And certainly not a "10/10". Oh, and being able to read and use summation notation is not as impressive of a skill as you think it is right now, so stop doing it.

It's going to be ok, though. You see, things are going to be not so great for a while, but eventually someone is going to get the excellent idea to give you various pills. Unfortunately for you, you're a freak of nature in more than one way and the vast majority of them are going to be useless. In particular, "Abilify" is incredibly nasty, the one whose name sounds like a Pokemon is going to get you almost killed when it causes you to pass out while driving one day, and the one that tastes like cat vomit will make you gain about 25 pounds and turn you into somewhat of a sexual deviant.

The very first pill you're going to get (it's shaped something like a D) is a lot more useful than you think. Don't stop taking it, because if you do 5 years later you'll get a different pill which looks a lot like one of the pills from Dr. Mario that does the same thing but costs about 20x as much instead. The other useful pills are the ones shaped like Tetris blocks and the really big ones you have to take 4 of a day because, as mentioned before, you're a freak of nature. Most of the rest are going to be useless.

You don't know it yet, but engineering is not your calling. You already know, in your heart, what is. You know those problems on probability you completely obliterate on math contests (oh, by the way, one of these is going to kick your ass two years from now, so don't be too cocky)? Turns out that is a part of a branch of mathematics that's pretty useful. Someone is going to tell you that becoming an actuary will be a great way to apply your incredible talents in this field. Don't fall for it. It'll seem like a great idea at the time but unknownst to you the economy will be worse the year you graduate college than at any point since the Depression. This field will get hit especially hard, and the fallout from this is going to cause you to almost kill yourself.

You say that you won't drink until you're 21. You have no idea how wrong you are. This will, in fact, lead to a night in jail at some point. You actually have major tendencies towards alcoholism. Be careful, as they will result in ...not the best grades in college (if you go the alcoholic route, you'll get a C+ in a college class. No, don't roll your eyes at me and look all incredulous, like you're better than that. You aren't.) You also say that you aren't going to have sex with someone you can't see yourself marrying. This is also incredibly wrong (you'd never actually believe me if I told you what happened in November of 2012 in Columbus, OH, so I'll let you discover this yourself). You will actually find your life partner (and start the chain of events that results in the Columbus thing) as the result of a link posted in a thread on this very board, but you haven't seen it yet. Actually, for all the talk about how introspective you are and how well you know yourself, you really know nothing about yourself.

On a weird tangent, that dog picture that's going to get posted in a thread about difficulties with the opposite sex is going to get obscenely popular. Like, you have no idea. Oh, right, you haven't seen it yet.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, talking about how awesome this story is makes you look a lot more deranged than you can ever realise at your age. Stop posting in this thread if you know what's good for you.

I mean, think about it, man.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 08:58:46 PM by Insane Steve »
~I.S.~

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2003, 09:02:00 PM »
Wow! I had no idea! (On everything you just said.) *Grins bashfully*

Actually, I've written a comedy fanfic before (Nintendo but Non-Mario), and it was kind of funny. (I STILL need to finish the very, VERY ending.) I've found my best style is intense drama, though. :)

--------------------
If things don''t go your way, just keep complaining until your dreams come true.

Edited by - Sapphira on 4/18/2003 8:06:10 PM

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2003, 09:28:00 PM »
Sorry if I veer off-topic, but here's a snippet of my style. (I'll keep it short) Notice the vast amounts of real world referrences.

Ignius is a brown Yoshi and Chiria is a pink Yoshi. Their personalities.... I'll let you find out for yourself. (Yes, I prefer the exotic-sounding names.)

The two snuck onto the ship. They really didn't know who owned the ship.... or where it was going, but they snuck on anyways. They explored the main deck with caution, not knowing if anyone was coming. Suddenly, Chiria saw something.
"(Wow, this ship has a diving board!)" Chiria exclaimed. "(And it's made of wood! But.... how do you get back on? I don't see a ladder or anything...)"
Ignius merely smacked himself and muttered "(How did I get stuck with this twit?)"

Meanwhile, in the inner depths of the ship, a man in a suit that looked supiciously like Cap'n Crunch's, was playing Battleship against.... himself.
"E4!" ... Miss. His voice was rather high pitched, with an accent that is a lot like a Frenchman's mixed with a German's. He was very short, maybe 4 feet tall. From his uniform, you can tell he was an admiral... a very high ranking officer.
He jumped out of his seat, ran to the other chair, and called a number.
"H6. ... Ah, you stupid ... You sunk my Battleship! Ahhhh!"
The phone in his ship rang. He answered.
A deep-pitched voice answered: "They've just boarded the ship. Now's the time."
The Admiral replied: "Can't you tell I'm playing Battleship! I have to do this NOW?!?!? I don't want to climb the stairs now! Don't you know how short I am! Arrrrrrgh!"

Ignius and Chiria continued to explore the ship. Actually, they just stood there. They had explored everything. Suddenly, they heard footsteps. The Admiral was coming.
"(Ok, we obviously need to hide SOMEWHERE. But where?)"
Chiria found a spot. "(I know, I'll hide behind this mast!)" Her head stuck out the side of the pole..... as it wasn't very large.
"(Yes, sure, I'm SURE he won't see you there,)" Ignius replied in his usual sarcastic tone. He rolled his rather large eyes. He saw a pair of barrels on the deck of the ship.
"(There, we can hide in the barrels.)" Ignius observed. He ran to the barrels.
"(What's wrong with MY spot?)" Inquired Chiria. "(... Fine!)" She ran to the barrels.

But it was too late. the Admiral had seen her.
----------------------------------------

Wow, that was a LOT more than a snippet. I'll edit it out if it interferes too much with your story...

Congratulations! You have just been blessed by the wisdom of Steve.

Edited by - Insane Steve on 4/18/2003 8:45:31 PM

~I.S.~

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2003, 09:36:00 PM »

...Interesting... Aren't you the one who always has Billiards somehow incorporated into your stories?
(BTW, could you please mind the swearing? It breaks the board rules and is also a *MAJOR* pet peeve of mine. 'Preciate it.)

--------------------

Edited by - Sapphira on 4/18/2003 8:37:52 PM

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2003, 09:44:00 PM »
Yea, this one doesn't though. Bleh, it's only half done, though. That is, the beggining quarter and ending quarter is done. That's how I write. First, I Make a beginning, then my ending, and then the middle comes eventually.

See, I've written one and a half FanFics. The other one was flooded with real world referrences. Even in that "short" section, There are referrences to a telephone and the game Battleship.

Of course... my current story is quite complicated. There are 9-12 major good characters depending on how you look at it, and 6-10 major evil characters. You have to remember A LOT of details. It might be hard to follow.

And yes... I guess I'll not swear. Although I'd have to edit the story big time for swears if I were to actually post it here... There's a LOT of explitives that would be filtered here. And I edited out the one swear I saw. One swear in 3 paragraphs is really sparce for me, actually.

That's who I am. Interesting. I've known that for years. I mean, I rated your story in sumation notation!

Edited by - Insane Steve on 4/18/2003 8:46:39 PM

~I.S.~

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2003, 10:00:00 PM »
I wrote 'The Prophecy' last year, and it's the first fanfic I've ever 100% completed.

The comedy (which is actually a spoof of 'Star Wars: Ep. 1' with the DK characters) I wrote summer '00, and I'm currently working on a new fanfic (which will be REEEEEEEEEEALLY, REEEEEEEEEALLY long when completed), which I started this past October.

I've also attempted 2 others, but they were horrible (and I couldn't add anymore to the plot), so I scratched 'em.

This current story actually has an interesting (maybe) background behind it, but I've gone enough off-topic for now.

--------------------

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2003, 10:58:00 PM »
I agree with Steve's assessment of the story so far. Good and detailed. I'm anxious to read more.
That was a joke.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2003, 01:05:00 AM »
Since technically it IS the next day, I'm just gonna post CH 5 now.

Chapter 5: Publicly Disgraced
-----------------------------

The Mushroom people were furious. They could take it no longer. They would not be slaves to that malevolent beast. They would not let him hold their beloved princess captive. Rumors spread throughout the Koopa Empire that the slaves were planning to revolt. Bowser took to action immediately.

Mario had been traveling for days. The once beautiful Mushroom Kingdom was a now just a large heap of crumbled ruins. Frequent tremors shook the earth, adding to the demolition. Mario looked around, shuddering that something like this could ever happen. The piping system was down, so it took him much longer than expected to reach his destination.

Then he spotted it; his hopes rose once again. Bowser’s massive castle protruded above the grim skyline like a sore thumb. He was almost there; his heart skipped as he thought about the princess. How frightened she must have been.

As he approached he realized something was astir. It appeared there was a large mob gathered in the courtyard of the castle. They were yelling angrily, and many held vivid torches, contrasting with the gloomy dark-gray sky. Mario came closer, standing far enough away so that he could just catch what was going on without being spotted. The crowd was growing louder and more intense.

A dark figure appeared from behind a large curtain on a balcony above. A deep growl echoed throughout the air, and the crowd immediately silenced in terror. Two guards stood on either side of him as the gruesome Bowser scowled at the spectators below.

“So you think you have the right to rebel against the all-powerful Bowser?! Pathetic fools!” he roared, “Be glad your lowly lives were spared. Unless you want to join your puny friends!” The crowd grew tense.

“Your pitiful lives mean nothing to me! However, since I’m so kind, I’ll give you worms a choice.” His voice became cool and confident. “You can be good little slaves, shut your traps, and do as you’re told, or continue your rebelling and be slaughtered. Either way, I really don’t care. But it’s in your best interest you choose the former.” The people exchanged fearful glances.

“We’ll never surrender to you, you tyrant!” one man shouted, “We’ll never betray Her Highness!  Return the Princess!”

The great multitude soon grew out of control, “Yeah! Give us back the Princess!” The crowd continued its shouting; Mario admired their loyalty and determination.

Bowser scowled condescendingly. “So it’s Princess Peach you’re worried about,” he sneered, “Well perhaps you might want to know that she has betrayed *you*.” The people stood aghast. “She has joined my alliance without your petty consent.” The crowd grew into an uproar at this deplorable news.

“That’s a lie!” one of the people shouted, “Of all people, she’d never agree to join your side! She’s pure and just and would do anything to overcome the likes of you!” The crowd shouted in agreement.

“Oh really?” Bowser sneered, “Guards!  Bring her here!”

The crowd stiffened as a distraught Peach was led onto the balcony. A crude, dark blanket was wrapped around her, her eyes closed, and her head slumped to her shoulders.

“Tell them, Princess,” Bowser continued softly, “Tell them how you’ve pledged your loyalty to the Koopa Empire.” The crowd gazed at her with deep melancholy. Mario’s heart sank as he saw the sorrow imprinted on his dear, sweet fiancée’s face. *How dare he do this to her!* he thought angrily. The princess lifted her head to the people.

“He’s lying!” she pleaded, “Don’t listen to him! I’d never abandon you! Please…!” Mario fought to keep his composure upon hearing his love’s desperate cries, as his blood boiled with fury toward the evil Koopa king.

Bowser interrupted her. “Why, Princess, you’ve forgotten what you’ve done—how you’ve even broken your moral standards to show your loyalty to me.” Peach’s face grew very pale. The crowd froze.

“Allow me to show you your chaste princess.” As he spoke, Bowser grabbed the blanket draped around her and yanked it off of her. The crowd gasped in disbelief as they saw her protruding abdomen from her crude makeshift dress. Mario’s heart dropped. Peach slumped down and buried her face in her delicate hands.

“There’s no denying it now,” Bowser scoffed.

The princess lifted her head desperately. “Please! It’s not what you think!” she wailed, tears streaming down her face, “I’d never do such a thing! I’d never join his side! Please! He for—”

“Guards! Take her away!” Bowser growled, cutting off the despaired girl’s cries. She screamed as she was carried off behind the balcony curtain.

“Anyone still wanna rebel? I suggest you follow your dear princess’s example and pledge loyalty to the Empire.” The detestable monster laughed menacingly as he exited behind the curtain. The spectators where too shocked to move. And Mario—his fiancée, his one true love, was pregnant—and with the child of his arch-nemesis. His soul was crushed beyond repair as he walked desolately back to the Mushroom Kingdom. And it began to rain.

Edited by - Sapphira on 4/19/2003 12:13:20 AM

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2003, 02:02:00 PM »
The major difference between your story and all the other excellent fanfics I've seen thus far is that in most fanfics, I can sort of predict what is going to happen. Here, I don't even know HOW you'd continue this. Amazing.

And the one problem with my writing style that I'd LIKE to fix but don't know how is that I complicate things too much. Like in my current story. I think there's something like 25 characters. All original, too. You wouldn't know what's going on even if you read it.

Your story thus far has the perfect blend of complications, and yet it is simple enough to be understood by almost everyone. And that is why I like it so much. And there is the occasional bit of humor, too. ("And it started to rain." Heh.)

I don't want this post too long.... it would interrupt the flow of your story.

~I.S.~

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2003, 03:03:00 PM »
The thing that I've learned to make a more complex plot that's not too confusing is to have about 5 or 6 main characters max to focus on from their point of view. Also incorporate a bunch of minor characters that are vital to the story and are occasionally featured (and kind of link the different plots together.)
I find it better than just focusing on one protagonist--it adds more depth. And if there are too many main characters (like 25), then everyone will get really lost. (Also, when switching between one's point of view, separate it somehow (i.e: --------).

Although now it seems to feature mostly Peach, Bowser and Mario, I assure you, more will be there later.
Part of the key is plot twists, suspense, and leaving you hanging (even though it IS cruel. heheh). (Gah, shows what my English teachers know. I learned this by myself thru reading experience.)

Hmm...sounds like I'm giving an editorial about "how to write a great story."  Hehehe  :)

--------------------

Hirocon

• June 14-16, every year
« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2003, 09:33:00 PM »
--I--AM--STUNNED--

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2003, 11:53:00 PM »
You know, I really don't know how I can keep reading this. But it's excellent, and I guess that's why.
That was a joke.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2003, 06:10:00 PM »
Hmmmmm, let's see what I've learned for my next fanfic (Which may occur in... 4 months?)

1: Not so many characters.
2: Not so many real world referrences.
3: Maybe a couple minor characters.

Actually, I almost came up with a plot for a full, 5 or 6 chapter story in less than a day. I'll finish my current work first, though.

Still, despite the main theme of your story thus far, your natural talent causes it to work perfectly. I love your writings.

~I.S.~

Print