Print

Author Topic: The Prophecy  (Read 65348 times)

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #45 on: April 25, 2003, 12:10:00 AM »
Yeah, that 1st chapter was the most...off. But after that, the rest fit together, like you said.

Hmm...I never really thought about that scene in that way, but maybe subconsciously I did, or something. Anyway, I goes to show you Bowser really does love the princess, even though it is somewhat distorted.

The scene with Melony and Lemmy I thought was kind of cute, kind of shining a lighter aspect of the story admist this terrible, dark ordeal.

I'm glad so far everyone seems to like it, besides the fact that it's a bit...controversial. Anyway, critizism and compliments are welcomed alike. I won't take personal offense to it.

I'll try to finish the alterations on CH 10 as soon as I can, so I can post the rest of Part 1.

--------------------
If things don''t go your way, just keep complaining until your dreams come true.

"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #46 on: April 25, 2003, 02:33:00 PM »
"*Looks at Steve strangely* ...O-kaaay... What's funny about it...?"

To understand how I can even begin to find this funny, you have to understand my life thus far. As a little child, everyone insulted me for no apparent reason. In 2nd grade, my teacher HATED me. My mind became twisted. My life was ruined forever before I even turned 9. *Come to think of it... that might be an idea for the 4th story I write. That's for another thread, though.*

Thus, seeing the way I was treated, I can find humor in the oddest places. One of the oddest is in a truly dire situation, where someone is being abused badly. And I've always hated the princess, so when I read this, I find it funny in a sadistic sort of way.

And it is because the controversial issue is brought about in such an eloquent (Word usage.... hmmmm, that's not really the word I want. Ah well) manner that I am so compelled to read it. I can't wait for the other ... 75%. (Wow.)

PS: Well off topic, but I finally got a title for my 3rd fanfic. I am seriously calling it "The Third Attempt"... but not for the obvious reason. There's a point in the story... well, I'll post it.... eventually. That is, when I can get the bile to do so...

Congratulations! You have just been blessed by the wisdom of Steve.

~I.S.~

« Reply #47 on: April 25, 2003, 10:59:00 PM »
WOW. This story is pretty intense and pretty gritty( that rhymed, tee hee) which I think is a welcome change from Mario's younger audience theme. I myself have a story in the works but am aprehensive to post it because it is not complete and I am self concious about my writings. Sorry, but I tend to ramble sometimes, so my point is: Your story is great and I can't wait to read the rest of it!

I''m not lazy, I''m just... uh...

Like a sponge, thirsty I am!

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #48 on: April 26, 2003, 12:06:00 AM »
Guess what, everybody? I *just* finished the changes to CH 10, and, actually, I decided to break it down into two separate chapters. I still need to finish the alterations to the rest of Part 1, but consider this a special treat! :)

Chapter 10:  Final Farewell
--------------------------

The heartbreaking morning was finally gone and already the gloomy afternoon was heading toward its end. A faint tapping was heard from the balcony, and slowly the elegant glass doors were unlocked and opened.

“Twink…!” Princess Peach exclaimed, awaking from her weary dreams, “You finally came back…!”
“Princess! I just talked with Mario!” he spoke enthusiastically, “He and Toad are looking for you. He told me he’d be honored to be the father of your child.” Twink had been thrilled at Mario’s change of heart. “Hang in there! He’s coming…!”

Peach smiled ardently. “That’s wonderful…!” Her face suddenly became very sullen. “But…it’s too late…”
The Star Kid looked at her confusedly. “What do you mean…?  Peach…you’ll be fine…!”
“Twink… Please, you have to tell him this…” she struggled, “…Tell him…that I love him…and I’ll never forget him…”
“Oh, Princess…! Not now…!  Not when he’s this close…”
“Tell him…” she pressed painfully, “it’s not his fault…and there was nothing he could have done…”
“Please…Peach…don’t give up now…!” he cried desperately.

“…Tell him…to never give up hope…and that the prophecy has been fulfilled…” She began to quiver, the tears struggling to stay within her utmost being.
“…Princess…” Twink sighed sorrowfully. “W…what prophecy…?” he slowly asked.

She suddenly began coughing violently, heaving between each gasp for precious air. It felt as though her insides were being forced up through her throat. There was a slight taste of blood and mucus in her mouth.

“Peach!  Are you okay?!” Twink shrieked.
The princess swallowed her pain and managed to speak.  “…The…the last night I saw him…he told me of a prophecy he heard about…”
“What is it…?” he scarcely whispered.

She rubbed her temples; it was so hard to concentrate. “‘…A child…of Good and Evil shall come to rise… Good will perish… and Evil will reign…” She closed her eyes trying hard to remember. “…But…but the child will destroy the Evil…and Good will prevail once more…’”

“…I…I don’t understand…”
“Don’t you see…?  …Melony…is the child…”
“Your daughter…?” he thought for a moment, “Wait a minute… Good and Evil…  Is that…*you* and…Bowser…?!”
Peach nodded weakly, “…Evil has already begun to prevail… And soon Good will perish…”
Twink gasped and shook his head in apprehension. “Nooo…!  That can’t be right…!  …You…have to…die…?”

“Twink…listen to me…” she pleaded, “It’s already too late… This was my destiny…”
“Nooo!  It doesn’t have to be…!” he cried, “Princess…! It could mean something else…!  Please…you don’t know…!”
Peach looked sadly into his troubled eyes. “Twink…it’s too late… There’s nothing that can be done…”
“But, Peach…!”
Afflicted, she made herself continue, “Please…you must…tell Mario…” She forced a weak smile, “…Goodbye, Twink… I’ll never forget you…”
“Princess…!  Nooo…!”

------------------------
The renowned hero and head Royal Mushroom Retainer had made significant progress on their journey to rescue Princess Peach. Bowser’s massive Castle was now in view as dark storm clouds engulfed the dreary evening sky. It was just starting to get dark when slight flashes of lightning were seen at a distance, followed by their faint rumbles. It started drizzling.

Toad instinctively placed out his hand to feel the raindrops.  “Oh no… Not another storm…”
Mario glanced up in agreement and sighed. Suddenly he felt an overwhelming intuition. “…It…it seems like the Princess…!” he exclaimed, “She needs me right now…! Something’s wrong…!” The lightning began to strike closer and more frequently.

“Well, come on then, we have to hurry…”
A bright flash emanated from above, creating an unbearably loud roar.
“Peach…!” Mario suddenly shrieked as an excruciating sharp pain pierced through his soul. He collapsed to his knees, grasping his head in pain. The lightning seemed to encompass all around them, growing intensely faster and louder.

“Mario…!” Toad screamed in terror, “Are you okay?! What’s wrong…?!”
The plumber violently shook his head, it throbbing from the intense pain.  “…Peach…!” he gasped, “…I…I’m losing her…!”
“What do you mean…?” he asked neurotically.
Mario winced in excruciating agony. “Up there…” he struggled, desperately trying to suppress the pain, “She’s up there… That balcony… There’s not much time…” Frantically he pulled a Cape Feather from his pocket and flew up toward the small balcony.
“Mario…!” Toad shouted. But he was now alone.

Mario soon landed on the balcony, carefully avoiding being spotted. He peered through the glass French doors and frantically scanned the elegant, dim room. He gasped. Peach was lying in her bed, helpless, frail, and terribly pallid. Overwhelmed by seeing her and in such weakness and frailty, the plumber frantically pushed on the golden door handle. It was locked.

Mario screamed her name, hopelessly banging on the doors. His heart pounded rapidly. He couldn’t get in! What would he do? Desperately he pushed the handle down one last time, beads of sweat forming on his brow. The doors swung open.

Quickly he rushed over to the princess’s bedside. Mario placed a hand to her soft face and frantically searched her closed eyes for a sign of life.
“Peach…” he whispered shakily. Very weakly, her eyes fluttered open.
“Mario…?” Her voice was just barely a faint whisper. “Is that you…?”
“Shh…shh… I’m here now… Don’t worry…”
The princess gave a weak smile. “You came…”

Mario touched her fragile hand. “Shh…Everything will be fine, everything will be fine… We need to get you out of here…” Slowly he leaned over and very gently held her up. Peach blinked warily, barely able to move on her own accord. Mario felt a terrible lump starting to form in the back his throat.

“I held out…for you…” she quavered weakly. Mario struggled to force down the growing overwhelming lump. His voice was about to break.
“Peach…” His eyes began to well up. He swallowed hard.
The princess looked weakly into his eyes and touched his face. “I love you…” she whispered as her eyes fluttered open one last time.

“Peach…” He felt her body go limp as he held her in his arms. He shook her, tears now streaming down his once emotionally strong face. “Peach…”
Mario closed his eyes painfully. Gently he laid her back down and pressed his forehead against hers as he sobbed bitterly. He looked into her beautiful, lifeless face and softly kissed her sweet lips one last time.

--------------------
If things don''t go your way, just keep complaining until your dreams come true.

Edited by - Sapphira on 4/30/2003 1:33:06 PM

"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #49 on: April 26, 2003, 12:44:00 AM »
sniffle.... I hope you thought of some way to revive her, you heartless monster!! (Just kidding!) Man, this has got to be one of the best stories I've ever read.(besides "Onion John", and "If You Give a Mouse a Cookie") I like your style of writing.. It's... how you say.... Creepy... almost.
Since everyone is revealing plans for fan fic, I may as well reveal mine.
Legend of Zelda meets Super Mario type story. I give you the basic plot. Gannondorf fuses LOZ universe with TMK. Cool, huh? I thought having like Ganno-Bowser, and the Combined Warrior(Mario and Link. Duh.) THey gotta destroy and reseal passageway between the dimensions. Think of how cool the monsters would be! A Boo and Poe could combine and form a ...snicker snicker.... Poo!! Ha ha ha ha ha! But seriously, thats my idea, and don't anybody steal it!

CONGRATULATIONS!
The absolute incarnation of evil, Adolf Hitler, lies in a pool of his own blood. His wrinkled, crimson splattered visage still strains, a jagged- toothed rictus trying to cry out. Insane even in death. Your lips pinched in bitter victory, you kick his head off his remains and spit on his corpse.
-Wolfenstein 3d, 3rd Episode

More shtick than you can shake a stick at.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #50 on: April 26, 2003, 11:05:00 AM »
Heheh..."Poo."

WOW. I'm SHOCKED and AMAZED! I had no idea how good my story was! You actually would rate it as one of the BEST?--up there with PROFESSIONAL authors?! *Blushes and grins ear-to-ear* Thank you! ^_^

Wow, I can't believe I'm actually inspiring others to write/finish their own fanfics! Hopefully you guys'll post 'em someday! :)

(Sweet! 50th post!) :)
--------------------

Edited by - Sapphira on 4/26/2003 10:06:56 AM

« Reply #51 on: April 26, 2003, 01:23:00 PM »
Like you were saying, you have inspired people to finish there fanfics. Mine is intitled "The Hero's Blood". It also has a darker theme to it but I don't know how well it will be recieved. "When all the light has faded, and all hope seems lost, a single glimmer of hope shines through the darkness, and a hero shall emerge." that is the little teaser that I use at the beginning. Sorry, I am going off topic. Can't wait to read the rest.

I''m not lazy, I''m just... uh...

Like a sponge, thirsty I am!

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #52 on: April 26, 2003, 01:30:00 PM »
Wow, that sounds almost like mine! (With the darker aspect and emerging hero in hopeless times.)  :)
I said that exact same thing, too--"I don't know how well it'll be recieved..."

Post it! I'll read it, I assure you.  :)
After my story, I can handle just about anything. :) (Obviously you haven't read the rest of my story, nor the current one I'm working on, which is even more... controversial...heheh...)

--------------------

« Reply #53 on: April 26, 2003, 02:18:00 PM »
Oh, yes... He he.. Only I know(besides Bluto) what that storys about... Ha ha..
I wanted to do a sort of DBZ theme-ish thing with my fan-fic.. Sorta serious, yet with humor sprinkled over top.. Just think.. Mario.. in a tunic!! Ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!

« Reply #54 on: April 26, 2003, 02:19:00 PM »
Oh, by the way, you have inspired me to start the actual writing process!!

Edited by - Dairy King on 4/26/2003 1:24:12 PM

« Reply #55 on: April 26, 2003, 02:19:00 PM »
...And I triple posted. Sorry to clutter up your topic.

Edited by - Dairy King on 4/26/2003 1:34:02 PM

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #56 on: April 26, 2003, 03:58:00 PM »
Yes.... I honestly don't see how anyone can compare this story to "If you Give a Mouse a Cookie"... that is, unless that cookie is laced with cyanide or something...

Seriously, you've inspired more people than you think. I've almost finished my 3rd story. I still don't know if I want to post it.... and if I do, I will wait until you are done with this one.

Anyways, 2 other reasons I am trying to write again:

2: I took this "What style of writing do you have?" quiz. After taking it... it told that I "wasn't a writer". I'll prove it wrong.

3: Ok, let's say I'm not a writer. And I KNOW I'm not an artist. So what am I? That's right, unartistic. And what happens to unartistic people? They become drug addicts! I seriously do NOT want to die homeless and starving at the age of 25 (Even though I doubt I'll live to be 25 anyways, in todays world) because I'm spending all my money on drugs due to my lack of artistic talent.

And thus, I'm trying to perfect my writing skill in an attempt to gain SOME artistic ability, and also to not wind up a stoner.

Yep, that's how I think. Imagine a story written in MY style of thinking, and imagine sitting through the resulting drivel. Of course, the third story is not really written like THAT... It's more serious. But about 1/100th as serious of this.... because there are still many (intentionally) funny moments in it. Ah well.

~I.S.~

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #57 on: April 26, 2003, 04:52:00 PM »
Heheh...
Come on people! Keep writing! Go! Go! Go!
Anyway, Steve, it's gonna be a REEEEEEEEEEEEEALLY long time before I finish the entire story. If you saw how poorly written the original manuscript is, you'd understand why. *Shudders, thinking about Part 3* Luckily, Part 2 (Which I added a long time after finishing the rest of the story) is pretty well written, so I won't have to revise it as much.

Hehe...I feel kinda bad now... I'm VERY, VERY artistic, and apparently a good author. (Also intelligent and attractive and funny, but I'll stop now). I guess to sum myself up in one word: creative.

--------------------

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #58 on: April 26, 2003, 05:03:00 PM »
Yes.... seeing as how that is 1/4 of the story... I know it'll take a while to finish.

I might post it tomorrow. Maybe.

Actually, I'm a LOT more afraid of it not being read at all than people reading it and saying it's bad. If the latter occurs, I can figure out what's wrong and try again in a better view. No harm done there. If the former occurs, it makes me feel... unwanted and unrespected, actually. Makes me want to stop doing everything productive due to the fear that no one would care.

That, and my 3rd story only has one original character! And he doesn't appear until Chapter 3! I'm sdo proud! ... Kind of.

~I.S.~

« Reply #59 on: April 26, 2003, 05:22:00 PM »
I wasn't actually comparing the story(if thats what you'd call it) of "If You Give a Mouse a Cookie" to this story, I was saying it is one of my favorite books. I'm sure that sounds childish.
I'm not a real coherent writer, but the stories I've thought of defintly have alot of potential. When mine is finished, I'll be sure to post it here. If you want, I can give a smidge of what I've wrote.

A cool breeze swept through the castle as the Hero of time cautiously walked up the giant flight of stairs leading to the chamber of Gannondorf, the evil wizard. As he neared the room, Link could hear the desolate tones of an organ, playing something that sounded like opera. Link hated opera.
He kicked open the door, and stood as he searched the room. Empty. Slowly he edged farther into the room, untill he was past the door frame. As soon as he was, the door slammed shut, and locked.
"Cripes!" Link shouted, unaware of who or what was behind him.
"Welcome... Hero of Time." a deep voice boomed. Link quickly spun around, and drew his sword out of its scabbard. The voice was that of Gannondorf.
"I hope you liked my castle... As it shall be your tomb!!" he screamed, throwing a ball of energy at Link.

I hope you enjoyed that. It's my style of writing. Thats just the beginning of the story. It's really good!!(so far)

CONGRATULATIONS!
The absolute incarnation of evil, Adolf Hitler, lies in a pool of his own blood. His wrinkled, crimson splattered visage still strains, a jagged- toothed rictus trying to cry out. Insane even in death. Your lips pinched in bitter victory, you kick his head off his remains and spit on his corpse.
-Wolfenstein 3d, 3rd Episode

Print