Print

Author Topic: Show Off your Drawing Skills (Hand-drawings)  (Read 29084 times)

« Reply #45 on: April 08, 2006, 08:56:34 PM »
:D Aww...shucks... thanks guys... *^_^* (to everyone who's said something about my art; I never responded to others' responses. >_<; )
Yep! I have! I've won some stuff too, or at least have been nominated in hard competitions, which have been hard to make the cut for.
I only like posting stuff I feel are completely finished and "worthy". I lot of my art I want to touch up on or take better pictures or scans of before I upload to DA. Another part of it is laziness, since I like to make sure of dates of completion, make good commentary about each piece, among other things. Meh. >_>;
Woops! I'm a little late to respond... XD

You have won some art competitions? That is very good! I think most of your unposted art is already good enough. Your shadings are magnificent; some times I think your art was done by computer! It's so clean and so accurate at the same time! You should color some of your pictures with MS Paint to make them 'frame-able'.

And have you tried sending in your art work into Nintendo Power? If not, you would have THE best drawings of any that I've seen in the magazines! Actually, I don't know if NP even has the fan art section anymore... Well, at least not a large section.

Mabey you should consider art as a choice of careers, if you haven't already. There's so many possibilities you can do with your skills! Everyone here is supporting you, so you should get the hint... ^_^

« Reply #46 on: April 08, 2006, 09:16:28 PM »
Oh yes, Khold, they still have the art section. And a cosplay section!
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

« Reply #47 on: April 09, 2006, 06:20:03 AM »
Mweh.
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #48 on: April 09, 2006, 01:28:34 PM »
You have won some art competitions? That is very good! I think most of your unposted art is already good enough. Your shadings are magnificent; some times I think your art was done by computer! It's so clean and so accurate at the same time! You should color some of your pictures with MS Paint to make them 'frame-able'.

And have you tried sending in your art work into Nintendo Power? If not, you would have THE best drawings of any that I've seen in the magazines! Actually, I don't know if NP even has the fan art section anymore... Well, at least not a large section.

Mabey you should consider art as a choice of careers, if you haven't already. There's so many possibilities you can do with your skills! Everyone here is supporting you, so you should get the hint... ^_^

Thanks! ^_^  MS paint? AAAH! I use Paint Shop Pro. Several of the pencil drawings I've done I've started colorizing in PSP, like the Zelda one, for example (original). (It's really unfinished, though)

I haven't bothered with Nintendo Power, because you have to send in the original. At least if it's by snail mail.  I haven't tried with emailing a scan, but then again, I'm lazy. Thanks, though. ^_^

My whole life, I always wanted to do something with art as a career. In elementary school, I wanted to be an artist; in early high school, graphic design; in late high school and earlier this year in college, video game design. After taking a psychology class, I realized how much I really love that stuff (I'd liked it, too, from other exposure to psych in past years), and this semester is even more of an eye-opener after taking an art class. I'm finding my heart isn't into art as much anymore. I enjoy it as a hobby, but as a career, I think I'd get frustrated and bored and impatient with it.

After seeing how passionate I am about psychology, and seeing all the troubles there are in the world (well, becoming more aware of it from my Sociology class), and growing closer to God, more and more I want to do something to help people. After realizing my spiritual gifts, as well as my personal interests, and also experiences I've had relating to other people, I'm seriously considering counseling (as I mentioned in another thread). I don't know what I'll end up doing, though. :)
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #49 on: April 13, 2006, 12:32:54 PM »
*Sigh* Just imagine, our art will be worth millions when we die. *Sigh* And I won't be here to use the money from it. Oh well, gotta start putting signatures on my art...
Most Wishy-Washy

« Reply #50 on: April 13, 2006, 09:45:58 PM »
These Timmy Turtle-related sketches were made primarily for practice for a comic, but I may as well post them here too. (Note that in the first two pictures there are multiple drawings of the same characters.)

http://img148.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sketches9cf.png

http://img146.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sketches24ya.png

http://img516.imageshack.us/my.php?image=triciasketch3mv.png

Also I made these semi-realistic sketches; the faces are modeled loosely on pictures from book covers. As far as I know right now, these have nothing to do with any comic I'm thinking of making. They're just pictures I made for the fun of it.

http://img101.imageshack.us/my.php?image=realisticsketches7lh.png
GEIANDGIRLCO DIRECT - The Sensitive Alternative

« Reply #51 on: April 13, 2006, 10:09:25 PM »
I'm loving your turtles. They are to cute!
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

« Reply #52 on: April 13, 2006, 10:24:25 PM »
Thanks! ^___^ My brother actually made up Timmy Turtle (and his human friend Fred Bobkins), but I made up the rest of the ones in the pictures.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #53 on: April 13, 2006, 11:40:24 PM »
Trisha reminds me of the Snorks.  http://images.google.com/images?q=snorks
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #54 on: April 13, 2006, 11:47:16 PM »
Can't say I see too much of a resemblance. :S

« Reply #55 on: April 21, 2006, 08:19:55 PM »
Sorry for bumping this just a bit but I finally scanned a picture!
EDIT: The second one just in!
« Last Edit: April 21, 2006, 09:35:58 PM by Bigluigifan1.0 »
I'm a horrible person.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #56 on: April 23, 2006, 10:43:05 AM »
atta. 1: My Mario characters, Tashio and Louisa.  I had to darken the lines cause it was handdrawn on the back of some school paper, and I'm not very good at drawing with a mouse.
atta. 2: This is what I'd like to see Ganondorf look like for TP

EDIT: I resized the Ganondorf one
« Last Edit: April 23, 2006, 03:14:14 PM by Kojinka »
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #57 on: April 23, 2006, 02:36:19 PM »
I'm pretty sure Sarasaland already had a ruler. Are you insinuating an overthrow??

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #58 on: April 23, 2006, 03:12:33 PM »
Oh, Mushroom heavens, no.  Louisa is the daughter of Luigi and Daisy, and Tashio is the son of Mario and Peach.  If you haven't figured it out yet, two of my favorite VG character parings are Mario/Peach and Luigi/Daisy.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #59 on: April 27, 2006, 06:19:34 AM »
Yay for Mario/Peach and Luigi/Daisy!
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

Print