Print

Author Topic: M&L:SS Cackletta in the University  (Read 8036 times)

« on: May 02, 2006, 11:11:11 AM »
I have been playing Superstar Saga, and I ran into Cackletta in the Hoohoo Hooniversity (or whatever it's called). She seems eight times harder than anything in the game up to this point, and I can't beat her. I keep falling into those [edit] black hole, or having to waste turns healing one or the other brother, only to be struck with lightning and have half my hp taken away. Any tips? Othewise, it seems I'll never get past her. Thanks for any help.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2006, 05:52:09 PM by Sapphira »

« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2006, 01:17:34 PM »
Timing like the rest of the battles is essential. Pay close attention to which hand she raise up, That is the Bro she is going to strike. As for the holes you have to jump at the exact moment that they are right in front of you. Also leveling up always helps the situation
SSBB theme lyrics: I'll be the Marth, Luigi noob, This is Yoshi's B, This monkey wants to hug him. I'll heat the duck, Uigi noob, pooped through the dress this monkey wears to work.

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2006, 05:56:57 AM »
Thanks for the tips. I'm no good at timing my defence. I get hit all the time in battle. So I don't see myself getting past this part any time soon.  I think I'll go level up.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2006, 05:28:32 PM »
You should go level up, that's the best way to help. Also, E. Gadd's inventions will help you out, so go get some of his stuff by making coffee in Starbeans Cafe. For the battle... Jump RIGHT WHEN the hole is about to pass under you to dodge it. If you've mastered the Advanced form of Bounce Bros., that'll help eliminate the clones quicker. Or, if you're good at avoiding the lightning but not the bats, just let the clones attack--the one that attacks both bros is the real Cackletta. Just keep practicing the evasion timing.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2006, 03:43:09 PM »
Well, I finally beat her. I leveled up a whole bunch. Luigi died early on in the battle, and I left hum that way.  It was sooooo much easier to beat Cackletta when I only had to worry about one brother.

I got a couple of Gadd's things. What do I do with them? Do they work automatically? And what's the deal with the drinks I now have? If I drink them, will the effects be permanant or temporary?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2006, 03:48:49 PM »
You'll find a third option in the menu where you change your badges and pants. Gadd's items work only when equipped and most only apply to the wearer (things like the Greed Wallet obviously affect both, the Great force does too). Yes, the drinks' effects are permanent.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2006, 10:33:34 PM »
Well, I finally beat her. I leveled up a whole bunch. Luigi died early on in the battle, and I left hum that way.  It was sooooo much easier to beat Cackletta when I only had to worry about one brother.

I got a couple of Gadd's things. What do I do with them? Do they work automatically? And what's the deal with the drinks I now have? If I drink them, will the effects be permanant or temporary?

LOL!! Luigi died! Well, in my fight against the Shrooboid Brat in M&L: PiT, Mario was the only one dead when I beat him. And it's the only fight for me to end up like that.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2006, 12:27:27 AM »
Any particular reason you're bumping ancient topics?
It's YOUR problem!

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2006, 10:47:18 AM »
And why is it funny that Luigi "died"?
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2006, 10:44:49 PM »
Luigi died?! *faints*
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2006, 03:04:43 PM »
ok i REALLY need help im at the end of the game and i am kicking the crap out of cackletta while inside the controlled bowser and i keep getting killed right at the end by cackletta's finisher also im level 92 and i have all of my bro moves completely maxed out (they are already special and all that) an i still got my arse kicked please help
i like pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2006, 03:53:04 PM »
You mean the one that freezes time?

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2006, 05:42:26 PM »
You mean this "finisher?"

Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2006, 05:49:22 PM »
Uhh, if you're really level 92 you should be invincible. Mario and Luigi are about level 42 in my cart and I lay a beat-down on her before her heart shrinks down again. Either you aren't at level 92 or you're really really bad.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2006, 11:12:17 PM »
sry i ment to say level 50 and its the freeze time finisher
i like pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie,pie

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2006, 09:59:46 AM »
All right, here's how to dodge.

When Cackletta begins the attack (signaled by a "chink" sound), watch her eyes.

Each eye denotes which brother she'll attack (left=Luigi, right=Mario). If her eye looks up, she'll aim in the air above that brother. If she looks down, she'll aim at that brother. For example, in this picture, she would aim at Mario and above Luigi.

After she looks at Mario and Luigi, she'll begin charging the beams.

This is the time to jump or not jump. Here, Mario would jump and Luigi would stay on the ground. Time your jumps so that when she freezes time, each brother is in his right position. Then she'll fire, hopefully missing both brothers.

« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2006, 01:39:36 PM »
Each eye denotes which brother she'll attack (left=Luigi, right=Mario).

Clarification: Looking at Cackletta, the eye on YOUR LEFT is for Mario and the eye on YOUR RIGHT is for Luigi. I think MaxVance meant Cackletta's left eye is Luigi and her right eye is Mario.

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2006, 01:43:14 PM »
You take good screenshots.

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2006, 01:45:35 PM »
When Cackletta begins the attack (signaled by a "chink" sound), watch her eyes.
Each eye denotes which brother she'll attack (left=Luigi, right=Mario)..
Hmm, I see someone didn't read the whole post...

« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2006, 01:47:38 PM »
Umm I read the whole post. I was just clarifying MaxVance's eye comment.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2006, 02:01:58 PM by bobman37 »

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2006, 03:50:59 PM »
Yes, I thought of that. That's why I included
For example, in this picture, she would aim at Mario and above Luigi.

You take good screenshots.

« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2006, 11:31:48 PM »
thx i just beat her. [edit] she is a [edit]
« Last Edit: December 03, 2006, 10:07:45 PM by Sapphira »

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2006, 11:37:13 PM »
Ummmmmmmm, 'kay.

« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2006, 11:41:17 PM »
cackletta is really hard i mean

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2006, 11:46:21 PM »
wat i ment is that u r not suposed to swear here

Print