Print

Author Topic: Weekly Releases (10/1) +  (Read 391605 times)

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #1500 on: November 17, 2010, 03:29:52 PM »
Does it really matter? We're already halfway through the week; if he was going to post a list he would've already done so. The most he did was this.

The only real difference between Lizard Dude posting a release list and me posting a release list is whose name appears next to the list. Why is it such a big deal to you?

« Reply #1501 on: November 17, 2010, 06:34:52 PM »
Lizard Dude came up with the idea, Lizard Dude has his own personal style in doing it, it's not his fault he doesn't have a PC and isn't constantly signed in to the Fungi Forums to update every little thing exactly on time. This situation is the same as when Max Vance stole the Winter Awards from Koopaslaya. Totally uncalled for, and ruined them in the process.

Again, Lizard Dude doesn't have means or time to update this thread every single Monday, and as such, I'd rather see it inactive until his return than someone else taking over.

« Reply #1502 on: November 17, 2010, 06:50:57 PM »
Y'know, everytime I tell myself "No, sonic, were done. We had some good time, but we're just too different now. I want good games, and you are trash." But I can help but want to try Colors. I've heard the Wii is sloppy, but the DS looks...well, worth trying.

Seriously, Warp. Not your thread.

Really though, it's all our thread.

Again, Lizard Dude doesn't have means or time to update this thread every single Monday, and as such, I'd rather see it inactive until his return than someone else taking over.

But I, and likely others, while enjoying LD's, would rather it goes up to stimulate conversations at all, rather than just go empty.
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #1503 on: November 17, 2010, 10:31:08 PM »
Lizard Dude has his own personal style in doing it
So far, the only difference I've seen is that WR doesn't constantly make jokes about Deezer being a tween girl.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #1504 on: November 17, 2010, 11:30:30 PM »
*bow-chikka-bow-bow*
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #1505 on: November 18, 2010, 01:55:25 AM »

That's what she said.

I don't care who does gives us our release lists or what thread it's in. I'd prefer LD but if he doesn't have the time/means/etc to update every Monday, I'd rather not see the thread go to waste. WR giving us updates is fine.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #1506 on: November 18, 2010, 02:33:43 AM »
I don't care who does gives us our release lists or what thread it's in. I'd prefer LD but if he doesn't have the time/means/etc to update every Monday, I'd rather not see the thread go to waste. WR giving us updates is fine.

Agreed. bobman, I understand that you may not like that someone else is updating the thread right now, but if Lizard Dude can't get on the forums, what else can we do? I don't look at this topic often, but I know that many others do. I've seen many releases on here that have sparked people's interest; if no one updates this thread, those people won't be able to find out the weekly releases in such a convenient manner. I actually find it very kind of WarpRattler to take out time and give us this information.

On topic:

Sonic Colors looks promising, but I won't spend my money on it quite yet. I'll probably wait for a good deal first.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 02:35:59 AM by Kimimaru »
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #1507 on: November 23, 2010, 06:32:52 PM »
This week:

Donkey Kong Country Returns
Gran Turismo 5
Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom
Michael Jackson: The Experience
Splatterhouse

Crazy Taxi (XBLA)
Auditorium (PSN-3)
Pac-Man Championship Edition DX (PSN-3)
Spelunker HD (PSN-3)

And for Deezer this week we have Silly Bandz.

« Reply #1508 on: November 23, 2010, 06:48:40 PM »
Oh look, two of my most wanted holiday items.

The great thing about DKC Returns is that from all the feedback I've read, it didn't skimp on the difficulty like New Super Mario Bros Wii did. Retro did a great job capturing the feel of the old Rareware titles and reinvented it for the modern day audience, all the while keeping the challenge high enough for even the most experienced players to have a tough time completing the game.

I don't think it'll top DKC2 due to the lack of water levels and animal buddies, but everything sounds like its at least a runner up.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #1509 on: November 23, 2010, 08:50:10 PM »
And for Luigison this week we have Raving Rabbids Travel in Time.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #1510 on: November 23, 2010, 10:20:02 PM »
DKCR is way high on my when-we-get-a-Wii list (it's actually the game that made my dad decide we should get a Wii, based on his numerous hours put into the original DKC). I especially dig all I've heard about its old-school difficulty level.

Speaking of old-school difficulty, Spelunker HD. I'd buy it if they put out a PSP version.

Speaking of old-school, Dragon's Lair on PS3!

If you haven't played Auditorium on PC, do yourself a favor and do so now. The PS3 version adds new songs and stuff and costs the same as the full version of the PC game.

Magic: the Gathering: Duels of the Planeswalkers has a PS3 port out this week as well. I still haven't played the PC copy I bought months ago.

I've heard very good things about Pac-Man Championship Edition DX. In addition to being a follow-up to the acclaimed Pac-Man Championship Edition, it's the first title in Namco Bandai's new "Namco Generations" line of revitalized classics.

Last thing about PSN for now: this week's update includes permanent price drops on several of the full games available in the store, mainly stuff from NIS America. Prinny: Can I Really Be The Hero? and What Did I Do To Deserve This, My Lord!? 2 are now down to where it's worth it for me to buy digital instead of UMD.

In case you were interested in the new rerelease of Crazy Taxi on the download services, be warned that they no longer include music by Bad Religion and the Offspring, and the branding on the stores depicted in-game is gone as well. I know this stuff is a selling point for some people, so just a heads-up.

« Reply #1511 on: November 23, 2010, 10:49:50 PM »
I'm concerned about DKCR's difficulty level. The first DKC was such a ****ing ordeal that I deleted it from my Wii within a week or two of downloading it. I had played it before on SNES9X, but I could never make it beyond Mine Cart Carnage back then.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #1512 on: November 23, 2010, 10:55:56 PM »
I finished Donkey Kong Country on the SNES as a kid. Maybe you're just bad at games?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #1513 on: November 24, 2010, 12:02:44 AM »
Maybe you're just one of those people who thinks games should be stupidly easy and beatable without any practice at all?
That was a joke.

« Reply #1514 on: November 24, 2010, 12:04:29 AM »
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Print