Print

Author Topic: Personal Bests on non-Mario titles  (Read 64587 times)

« Reply #90 on: January 19, 2010, 06:48:18 PM »
Warp: That's pr0.

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #91 on: January 20, 2010, 06:11:12 AM »
Can I count the fact that I fought Justin Wong (US Street Fighter champion) at a Tatsunoko vs. Capcom preview event and took off a third of one of his characters' life?

There's video somewhere on the net to prove it.
No! I don't want that!

« Reply #92 on: January 20, 2010, 10:30:30 PM »
I`ve beaten every song 100% in Guitar Hero II on Medium.
The below statement is false
The above statement is true

« Reply #93 on: January 20, 2010, 10:56:08 PM »
That's cute. Let me know when your balls drop and you do that on Expert.

Ha, they should have made that the name of the last achievement.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #94 on: January 22, 2010, 10:14:59 AM »
Funnily enough, because this happened, unless the data can be recovered, that image on page six is the only proof of my world-conquering Irukandji high score.

I'll be sure to retake the top spot if the data can't be recovered, of course.

« Reply #95 on: January 22, 2010, 09:41:26 PM »
That's cute. Let me know when your balls drop and you do that on Expert.

New Vocabulary Word: Sarcasm
The below statement is false
The above statement is true

« Reply #96 on: January 22, 2010, 10:04:25 PM »
Let me know when your balls drop

Someone's got a crush on the new guy.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #97 on: April 13, 2010, 05:20:18 PM »
Earlier today I platinum'd God of War III. I played through it three times straight almost without touching any other games. It's very rare for me to dedicate myself passionately to a single-player game like that; usually I get ripped away by other games before even beating a title once. But periodically something does click and I enter the unbroken play/replay/replay lovemaking cycle (Metroid Prime, Viewtiful Joe, Metroid Zero Mission, God of War)

« Reply #98 on: April 13, 2010, 09:17:11 PM »
I thought that game wasn't even as good as the other God of Wars.

« Reply #99 on: April 15, 2010, 05:02:21 PM »
God of War III is the worst God of War. God of War III is a wonderful game.

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #100 on: April 17, 2010, 11:27:30 AM »
Visual logic.

« Reply #101 on: April 17, 2010, 02:36:24 PM »
Summary of what LD and TEM said: All of the God of War games are good, but God of War III was my least favorite of the series.

In response to BP mastering F-Zero GX, two things.

One:

Two: I HATED trying to beat the Diamond Cup on Expert. I still haven't managed it (I was under the impression if I did that, I didn't need to do it under the previous difficulties. Screw 'em). Sand Ocean: Lateral Shift is the one I always kept dying on. No matter how much I know that one turn's coming up, I always fail to turn early enough. I also had trouble with Trident because I was going so fast (to barely keep ahead of everybody else) that one little twitch too far to the left or right would have sent me flying into oblivion. I don't recall having too much trouble with Aeropolis: Dragon Slope (I haven't played it in forever though), but I love Aeropolis in the first place, so maybe that's just me. As for Phantom Road: Slim-line Slits, I never played that enough to understand what the fuss was about, but I imagine if 30 cars are trying to squeeze through a 1-car-wide road at once, that would kill you in seconds. The track I hate the most, however, is Big Blue: Ordeal of the Emerald Cup. That's the track I always struggle to place well on no matter how good I do.

And I'm not convinced that creating custom machines will help diddly. To get stats comparable to a premade machine, the custom machine always seems much heavier. Plus, I really wish I knew the algorithms behind what stats are given for different combinations of parts. It's been a dream of mine to create a program that lets you select parts and see their stats, then derive from that what parts you'd need to get the stats you desire, and showing what parts of the game you have to beat to make that happen. But NOBODY knows how the game figures that out. Come on, it can't be that difficult can it?

...Oh yeah. My best on Winter Bells from the Orisinal website:
« Last Edit: April 17, 2010, 03:22:46 PM by penguinwizard »
You didn't say wot wot.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #102 on: April 17, 2010, 06:39:57 PM »
I remember playing Winter Bells years ago. This was my best score:

I suppose I'll play the game again some time.

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #103 on: April 29, 2010, 10:38:48 AM »
First and only time through: 22 Deaths, 7:08:15
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/508676

« Reply #104 on: May 24, 2010, 03:28:10 PM »

Print