Print

Author Topic: Personal Bests on non-Mario titles  (Read 64204 times)

« on: June 25, 2008, 04:03:33 PM »
Hiya, it's me with another topic. In any game besides a Mario title, what is your personal best score/rank/whatever? I've been playing MGS3 for a few days now and managed to unlock the Foxhound rank. Has anyone done something like this in another game or an MGS title? Just curious. Now's your chance to brag about your skills.

Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2008, 04:10:02 PM »
I've dropped since then, but hey, being the best in the world is fun while it lasts!

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2008, 04:55:37 PM »
I didn't think numbers went that high.

I'll try and get some photos of my personal high scores.
every

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2008, 11:28:39 PM »
OVER 900,000!!!

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2008, 11:31:38 PM »
I didn't think numbers went that high.
You should see Geometry Wars Galaxies high scores.

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2008, 10:20:38 AM »
Every Extend Extra Extreme has pretty insane scores too.

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2008, 07:55:00 PM »
Geometry Wars is a hard game. I'm so bad at it. Anyway:

Ignore the Most Kills stat, that was during achievement farming. Also ignore the Spy's one-hour lifespan, that was a glitch. All other stats are legitimate.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2008, 08:39:12 PM »
I accidentally skewed my Medic stats helping other people get Medic achievements on a modded server. It causes me great pain. Unfortunately, I wasn't very careful with my Pyro-related activities, and the same thing happened.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2008, 08:50:19 PM »
Doesn't workingplaying specifically to get the achievements defeat the real purpose of them? I know that getting them unlocks new weapons for their respective classes, but overall I think the achievements should be rewards for particularly outstanding or unorthodox play.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2008, 08:49:42 AM »
In some cases, achievement farming is necessary to get these new weapons. Sure the Medic achievements seem tame, but back when you had to get all 36 for the Ubersaw so you could charge your uber anytime you melee was insane, especially for achievement such as going on a 20-kill spree while healing a heavy, getting 1000000 heal points, blowing up 5 buildings with a demo's stickies in one uber, etc. For the pyro, wherein Valve got smart and made the achievements actually possible by the average player, a guy can unlock the Backburner and unleash his fiery fury with full pride knowing he did it legit. Plus he doesn't have to do some of the more ridiculous ones like 1000000 fire damage.

But you don't play the game. I wouldn't expect you to understand.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2008, 08:58:13 AM »
I was proud of myself for beating Spyro the Dragon 120% at age 7.  It was hard when I first got it.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2008, 01:17:41 PM »
Off the top of my head...getting an eight-digit high score in Tetris DS, defeating Panthera Cantus on Hard in TWEWY, and finishing SPAC3 INVADERS EXTR3ME.

Also, Geometry Wars Galaxies high scores are indeed very insane.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2008, 08:28:50 PM »
Ahh yeah, Tetris DS.  I maxed out the score counter.  What a waste of time.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2008, 09:05:46 PM »
I wish the Tetris Company would change their mind about the infinite spin that bork'd Tetris.  Since Tetris on the NES was made before the new standard I wonder if Nintendo could get them to allow it without changes.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2008, 09:08:52 PM »
There was a time when The Tetris Company was talking about having their standard set of rules but allowing players to choose their own rules.  I haven't heard anything come of this, but maybe we'll see something in Hudson's upcoming Tetris on WiiWare.

Print