Print

Author Topic: You Nostalgia, You Lose  (Read 88411 times)

« Reply #90 on: September 03, 2009, 06:10:46 PM »
Some of the best matches in WCW history (before it went under that is) were performed by cruiserweights. Does the WWE even have a cruiserweight division anymore? Well, there are wrestlers under 220 pounds but most of them get squashed by fatties like Umaga.

By the way, Gregory Helms is awesome. He could be the future of the company but because he's less than 220 pounds Vince won't put him over. MVP is another great wrestler destined to be overshadowed by John Cena and HHH.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2009, 06:13:29 PM by PaperLuigi »
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #91 on: September 03, 2009, 09:08:46 PM »
Umaga was released like early this year. As for the cruiserweight division, it petered out back in 2007 and they buried it by giving the title to Hornswoggle and removing it on-screen never to be seen again. But to be fair Brian Kendrick, Matt Sydal (best carryover from WSX btw), Kofi Kingston and The Miz all received some huge pushes after the division died, although the fact that they released THE Brian Kendrick sucks big time. I loved his gimmick.

I'd love for Helms to be a top face of the company but he's been with them for almost a decade and they've never shown any sign of seriously investing in him because he's injury prone. MVP seems like the future though, they just need to decide when they're going to pull the trigger and catapault him into the main event.

This discussion reminds me of the old days of the board, where you and I would go all in-depth into the shows and Vidgmchtr would barge in and be like "UGH WRESTLING STOP TALKING YOU DOLTS" and everyone ignored him because he couldn't ignore us. that was always kind of funny to watch.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #92 on: September 03, 2009, 10:44:23 PM »
Good times.

All in all I don't really mind Triple H. He was way cooler during the Attitude Era (one of my favorite wrestlers then) but now he's just...meh. Since he's not allowed to be edgy anymore he's lost a lot of his charm.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2009, 12:01:02 AM by PaperLuigi »

« Reply #93 on: September 04, 2009, 12:06:35 AM »
I've heard that this may be nostalgic for some. Man, I kept seeing his face everywhere and only recently did I find out who he was.
It's Rufus and the dogfish Albert from "The Dreamstone".

« Last Edit: September 04, 2009, 12:08:27 AM by penguinwizard »
You didn't say wot wot.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #94 on: September 04, 2009, 11:20:48 AM »
There's definitely nostalgia in this video (moreso if you're British, I suppose), but it's what you end up hearing at about 1:36 (and a bit more thereafter that made me consider perhaps "You Freak Out, You Lose"... or not.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #95 on: September 29, 2009, 01:03:36 AM »
I swear, nothing in this topic got me any chills of nostalgia, or even thoughts of nostalgia.

So here's my contribution, with a slight bump.

« Reply #96 on: September 29, 2009, 05:42:00 PM »
Anyone who doesn't feel an overwhelming sense of yuletide bliss from Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer has no soul.

YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #97 on: September 29, 2009, 09:24:29 PM »

« Last Edit: September 29, 2009, 09:26:54 PM by penguinwizard »
You didn't say wot wot.

« Reply #98 on: September 29, 2009, 09:55:41 PM »
Tiny Toons was awesome. Don't know much about Scamper...

« Reply #99 on: September 29, 2009, 11:04:33 PM »
Anyone who doesn't feel an overwhelming sense of yuletide bliss from Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer has no soul.
Didn't see it as a kid.

... [darn], I was sheltered.

« Reply #100 on: September 30, 2009, 01:03:24 AM »
Tiny Tooons! You got a nice, big, loss over here who is currently heading to youtube.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2009, 03:52:19 PM by Pt_Peach »
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

« Reply #101 on: September 30, 2009, 01:46:37 AM »
Tiny Tooons! You got a nice, big, loss over here who is currently headed to youtube.
My favorite episodes of that show were Kon Ducky, Prom-ise Her Anything, K-ACME TV (whichever one had Super Plucky-o Brothers in it), the music episode with Particle Man, the whole How I Spent My Summer Vacation series... and any episode with Fifi, like Aroma Amore. Fifi was my favorite character, though it's probably as well she didn't appear often since she was usually used for Pepe Le Pew-styled episodes (and if not that, then cameos). Nice that one Halloween episode did a shout-out where the guy knocking on the door is a fat dude who's part of the Fifi Fanclub.

The one thing you find a billion copies of, though, are "Istanbul (Not Constantinople)" and "Particle Man", all from the Tiny Toon Music Television episode. They both introduced a lot of people to They Might Be Giants, and they both involve Plucky. Win-win. I liked Kon Ducki mainly for its behind-the-scenes third act (ah, mango juice!). Sweetie and Sneezer always got on my nerves though.
Special mention to Buster and Babs Go Hawaiian since it hints at a Buster and Babs relationship a bit (well, so did Summer Vacation).

Two defining moments of the famous Summer Vacation episode for me are the THUD sound promo and anything involving the psycho hitchhiker:

But one episode I don't see on there is "Homeward Bound". It has Furrball walking out of the rain and looking for a new home, and it's one of those rare sentimental episodes. The ending is beautiful. The episode's similar in tone to "Strung Out Kitty" where Furrball's chasing a hair ribbon.

EDIT: A while ago I used YouTube to watch the banned episode "One Beer" and the rare "Spring Break" episode. In my opinion I wasn't missing out. I never saw "Spring Break" and thought it had to be awesome if it was so rare... but no. Can't win 'em all.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2009, 01:54:11 AM by penguinwizard »
You didn't say wot wot.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #102 on: September 30, 2009, 02:37:15 PM »
The hitchhiker episode scared the [dukar] outta me as a kid.
every

« Reply #103 on: October 16, 2009, 08:54:41 PM »
This thread doesn't deserve to die so early. For my next contribution...

This didn't happen in the american version because the teams had the same members, and because the original suits were destroyed before the second season. What a shame huh?
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #104 on: October 16, 2009, 09:24:03 PM »
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Print