Print

Author Topic: Mario will be banned forever?  (Read 10378 times)

« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2005, 03:51:14 AM »
Violence? What violence?

Source: http://gr.bolt.com/articles/violence/violence.htm

I bte yuo cna rdae tihs by lkooign at it.

« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2005, 07:32:28 PM »
Saying that they suck is a sexual reference? 0_o

_______
j00r 73h r0x0r, d00d!
GEIANDGIRLCO DIRECT - The Sensitive Alternative

« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2005, 08:38:29 PM »
Sexual reference? No.

One might say "suck" is a harsh word, though, when used in a certain way.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2005, 09:16:13 PM »
I don't usually say "sucks".  Words like that "inhale vigorously".
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #34 on: September 05, 2005, 08:26:26 PM »
"...when used in a certain way."

That's what I'm meaning. I'm not meaning "sucks like a vacuum."

It SEEMS like a possible reference... really because of the ellipses after "suck."
Formerly quite reasonable.

« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2005, 10:30:41 AM »
Look at it this way, If a person orders a lasagna dinner and specifically asks for no meat, gets it twenty minutes late, and there is meat in it, they would say that the service there "sucks". Fuzzies are the suckiest bunch of sucks to ever suck... HP. And that isn't sexual in the least.

[edit]Also, GTA:SA is really fun. It has a good controll scheme and good gameplay, and as mentioned, incredible open-endedness. And anyways, the violence isn't very graphic or realistic when compared to what's seen in movies with teen ratings.

Edited by - Popple on 9/6/2005 9:35:32 AM
Let me away from this boulder!

« Reply #36 on: September 06, 2005, 02:44:22 PM »
One more thing you neede to consider is the fact that young parents these days might be gamers.As the gaming generation gets older we will be the parents, so I don't think theres anything to worry about

In Soviet Russia, Communism Rules YOU!

Yakov Smirnoff
In Soviet Russia, Communism Rules YOU!

Yakov Smirnoff

« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2005, 05:03:14 PM »
...How do you know EVERYONE on this planet will grow up to be a parent?
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Sunbun

• Tapcap
« Reply #38 on: September 06, 2005, 09:08:33 PM »
A little fairy once told me that Super Mario Bros. will get an M rating because it shows violence to Goombas and Koopas.

Yeeehhhhp.

~sunbun ... Fun to play with, not to eat. Do not mix with other metals. Batteries not included. Bacon is for human consumption.
"Sunbun is...doing whatever Sunbun does" -WarpRattler

« Reply #39 on: September 06, 2005, 09:11:04 PM »
No! Not the goombas!

I have the body of a God! Unfortunately, it''s Buddah.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #40 on: September 07, 2005, 02:22:04 PM »
Ah, right, forgot about this thread.

Two things:

1. In response to Trainman's post, though the whole situation cannot happen, consoles wouldn't matter.  If they decided to ban because of something that happened on a movie on a DVD, then that would be DVD, VHS and cinema gone for you, even if it went straight to DVD.  But again, it would be unconstitutional.  And if they decided to ban the whole danged medium, Mario would most certainly go along with it.

2. "sucks", as in "I didn't get to do my homework and I got an F.  That sucks." is most certainly derived from sexual reference, but has found its way into a strange grey area because little children say it who don't know the first thing about sex.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #41 on: September 07, 2005, 07:44:09 PM »
EM is right, smfan1085 is wrong. That's basically it.
That was a joke.

« Reply #42 on: September 07, 2005, 09:17:28 PM »
Care to explain why, Chupperson???

_______
j00r 73h r0x0r, d00d!
GEIANDGIRLCO DIRECT - The Sensitive Alternative

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #43 on: September 07, 2005, 09:50:03 PM »
""sucks", as in "I didn't get to do my homework and I got an F. That sucks." is most certainly derived from sexual reference, but has found its way into a strange grey area because little children say it who don't know the first thing about sex."

Gah, thank you so much, EM, for completing my thought. That was exactly what I was going for. Kudos.
Formerly quite reasonable.

« Reply #44 on: September 08, 2005, 12:12:39 AM »
Oh, come now. It's hardly a "reference" if what you're saying has nothing to do with the "reference" and you and the people who hear it don't think about what's being "referenced".

The word "gun" is actually a reference to a Scandinavian woman's name. When we talk about guns, are *any* of us thinking about Scandinavian women? No, and that's why I wouldn't call it a reference, either.

In conclusion: Goombella never made a sexual reference.

I bte yuo cna rdae tihs by lkooign at it.

Print