Print

Author Topic: I played that 'smw bbeta tester level'  (Read 5354 times)

« on: July 11, 2000, 05:56:57 PM »
It was fun,

T  E  S  T  /
            V

and  then die,
but I was wondering how you get to it?

Mew2
(aka, Mushroom Kingdom Citizen, Myu2, Me-u2)
Mew2

« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2000, 07:17:02 PM »
It seems someone hacked a save state with a level editor.  If there was some sort of Game Genie stage select code, it might do something similar when used improperly; however, there seems to be no such code.

(A pity there's not as much information on hacking SMW as there is on hacking some of the other Mario games.)

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2000, 07:54:22 PM »
Could one of you guys use an emulator to make a gif or jpg map of the beta testers stage for me to see?  I just wanna see what it looks like yet I can't seem to get it working right on my PC so.

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2000, 09:44:31 AM »
Yeah, I can try to make a GIF of the Beta stage and send it to Deezer for inclusion.

Mew2- Are you the Mew2 who has several MIDIs up at the Video Game Music Archive?<vgmusic.com>

I went back to check and you have the same e-mail addie... I guess you are the same guy.

Edited by - Hinopio on 7/12/00 9:13:00 AM
Someone set up us the bomb!

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2000, 03:21:47 PM »
Yes, but did you notice how the rest of the map was? No stages were completed, and yet you could travel on the green road anyway. Weird huh? Oh, I guess that's old news. Well, it was new for me anyway...
(Eats 3 Altoids)
Woohoo.

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2000, 05:07:13 PM »
Hinopio: Yes, I am :)

Mew2
Mew2

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2000, 12:13:33 PM »
Could someone please give me step by step  directions of how to play this stage vua emulator.  Such as running it and stuff.  Thanks.

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2000, 01:03:24 PM »
TRM: Ok, well here it is, from start to finish.
1. Make a directory for the emulator.
2. Get a SNES emulator such as ZSnes. That's avaliable from www.zophar.net/zsnes.
3. The file itself should be a ZIP file, so unzip it into the directory you created once it's finished downloading.
4. Download and unzip the SMW ROM into the directory also. It might take some looking, but it's relatively easy to find.
5. Get the saved state, unzip it into the directory with zsnes, and rename it to whatever the name of the SMW ROM is, without changing the extension.
6. Once you're done with 1-5, run zsnes. If you don't know how to do that, click start, and run. Push browse, and locate the directory you made, then the zsnes program itself. Double-click it, then push Ok.
7. You should now be inside ZSnes. Open the SMW ROM. It should be in the same directory as zsnes. Push escape if SMW runs before you can do anything else? Choose pick state and use state 0, and then choose load state.
9. Congratulations. You've (hopefully) made it past my terribly confusing directions!

I'm sorry if that didn't help you, TRM, but as you can see, I'm a little winded. I'm not so good at directions. Anyway, I hope it works. Oh, and as always, I've got to say that the ROM you find is of course illegal to use if you don't have an actual copy of SMW in your possession, but I'm 99% sure everyone does. I just had to say it. ;)

-YOSHI :P
Woohoo.

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2000, 09:16:30 PM »
Thanks dude

« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2000, 10:42:24 AM »
No problem.
Woohoo.

« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2000, 06:25:46 PM »
Ah, I remember this from a few tears ago...
You reach this with a complicated bunch
of Action Replay codes, and eventually,
you get to the test level (Centre of Starroad).
It has a "No Yoshi" sign, and the word
"TEST" spelt out in stars.

Never tried it myself, but maybe I will...

TRASHER
-------

Dangit ? blocks hurt my head
grrbdbvebgbrsh...

rick_trimble@hotmail.com
"Was he lying?"
"Does Fort Koopa need sweeping?"

Print