Print

Author Topic: Pokemon Topic  (Read 368969 times)

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #135 on: August 26, 2009, 01:03:31 PM »
I'm probably just going to trade all mine over.
Again.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #136 on: August 26, 2009, 04:55:18 PM »
I'm going to not give a flying frigate about legendaries, as usual.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #137 on: August 26, 2009, 05:32:12 PM »
The fact that everyone knows about Arceus and Nintendo still hasn't officially announced beyond its mere existence in America is enough for me seriously consider just AR'ing him eventually... or not.

I'm guessing they'll run a TRU Arceus promotion by the time the Arceus movie makes its way across the pond. They did the same for Darkrai, Manaphy and the promotion Regigigas in the last few years.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #138 on: August 27, 2009, 09:45:30 AM »
I'm guessing they'll run a TRU Arceus promotion by the time the Arceus movie makes its way across the pond. They did the same for Darkrai, Manaphy and the promotion Regigigas in the last few years.

Just watch it be exclusive to Platinum too, the one game I refuse to get.
Unless you are cloned, you do not need to look like a midget version of your dad. Okay Bowser Jr.?

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #139 on: August 27, 2009, 10:34:56 AM »
Bird Person has his hugely-popular JRPG series mixed up.

« Reply #140 on: September 09, 2009, 05:40:41 PM »
So it looks like some details have started leaking via 2ch and Serebii. Things of note:

- The old Safari Zone has been replaced with a Pal Park
- Cerulean Cave is open once again
- All starters of the first 3 gens are obtainable as you prgress through your Dex
- the character you don't choose becomes your second rival in-game

Looking good so far. Totally making up for the disappointing originals.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #141 on: September 09, 2009, 06:39:05 PM »
Not only is Cerulean Cave open again, but it's once again the residence of a certain evil psychic cat...

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #142 on: September 09, 2009, 07:47:36 PM »
Being able to get a Kanto and Hoenn starter later as well as your Johto starter is awesome!
Unless you are cloned, you do not need to look like a midget version of your dad. Okay Bowser Jr.?

« Reply #143 on: September 09, 2009, 08:02:54 PM »
One of every generation of starter, practically every legendary and a device which lets you train Pokemon simply by walking around IRL coating it in Saran wrap and leaving it in the washing machine? All I can say is,

YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #144 on: September 10, 2009, 07:16:01 PM »
Yeah, a couple of legendaries are still missing but they're easily obtainable in Diamond/Pearl or they're promotional ones. As for the Pokewalker, I have no interest in that since I'd rather keep an eye on my teams growth. Being able to capture wild Pokemon in there is pretty cool though.

« Reply #145 on: September 10, 2009, 07:27:52 PM »
Agreed about your concerns regarding Pokewalker training, though. Overdoing it would be like raising your Pokemon a few levels in the day-care only to see that it's forgotten an essential move. There'll go one Heart Scale.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #146 on: September 10, 2009, 07:29:49 PM »
Eh, as long as Heart Scales are as easy to come by in HG/SS as in Platinum, I'd be willing to part with one or two.

« Reply #147 on: September 11, 2009, 01:09:38 PM »
Gold's default name is Hibiki while Soul's is Kotone.

I don't remember Gold having a default name in the originals, so its nice to finally have one. I wonder if he'll make a return appearance in the series, although there he's already known as Kenta/Jimmy. Kotone's showing up to pimp these new games though.

« Reply #148 on: September 12, 2009, 06:49:16 PM »
Major, albeit predictable plot twist revealed on Serebii: Click to spoil.

All I can say is this: Remember what the scientist on FR/LG's Five Island says after relinquishing the sapphire to you? Well, as it turns out...

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #149 on: September 14, 2009, 10:46:42 PM »
Oh, I thought you were going to say

Dawn is catching a Cyndaquil in this Thursday's episode...

Print