Print

Author Topic: Pokemon Topic  (Read 369265 times)

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #360 on: April 09, 2010, 08:34:31 PM »
I suggested the same titles in #tmk and was promptly shot down.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #361 on: April 09, 2010, 08:52:57 PM »
Pokemon Ebony and Ivory?

Together in perfect harmony.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #362 on: April 09, 2010, 09:26:38 PM »
I would buy a game called Pokémon Lemon just to support the name. I wouldn't play it, but maybe I would frame it.

« Reply #363 on: April 09, 2010, 10:30:53 PM »
Er, nevermind. Sorry...
« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 10:38:08 PM by Nintendoobsessed »

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #364 on: April 09, 2010, 10:32:17 PM »
You mean those exact same images posted earlier didn't confirm it?

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #365 on: April 10, 2010, 10:08:25 AM »
http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml

First images are up at Serebii.

It looks really cool! But I now think it's so stupid for Gamefreak to be releasing it now and not wait a few months for the 3DS. I mean, this isn't like the Dreamcast & Shenmue 2, what could they possibly lose by waiting?
Unless you are cloned, you do not need to look like a midget version of your dad. Okay Bowser Jr.?

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #366 on: April 10, 2010, 10:43:32 AM »
Neat, it looks like they're starting to take more advantage of the system's 3D capabilities.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #367 on: April 10, 2010, 12:49:18 PM »
The strange, tilted perspective in several of those shots has captured my interest. It's hard to imagine controlling one's character from a 130-degree angle.

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #368 on: April 10, 2010, 03:02:47 PM »
I'm betting you'd be able to alter the camera angle.
Unless you are cloned, you do not need to look like a midget version of your dad. Okay Bowser Jr.?

« Reply #369 on: April 10, 2010, 04:13:27 PM »
No doubt I'll sound like a complete technoob for thinking this, but, assuming that Pokemon B/W will be compatible with D/P/Pt/HG/SS, wouldn't some data about them be encrypted in the latter games' programming? D/P/Pt contained location data for Johto, so it's not unheard of...

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #370 on: April 10, 2010, 06:56:27 PM »
Well, it'll probably be only one way. D/P/Pt only had stuff for HG/SS because the latter two would only have Pokémon available in the first four generations anyway.

« Reply #371 on: April 10, 2010, 08:38:50 PM »
According to Serebii, more fifth-gen news will be announced on the 11th and 15th. In other words, within the next three days.
And it was leaked on April 8, 4 days after, so again you were right.
You didn't say wot wot.

« Reply #372 on: April 10, 2010, 09:06:46 PM »
:3

Well, it'll probably be only one way. D/P/Pt only had stuff for HG/SS because the latter two would only have Pokémon available in the first four generations anyway.

True. This is the first time that two generations of Pokemon will have been introduced during the same console generation. It seems absurd to not offer full compatability between DS titles like that, though.

« Reply #373 on: April 11, 2010, 06:14:53 PM »
I haven't been disappointed by a main entry Pokemon game so far so I'm picking this up for sure.

Yeah, I'm probably a complete cancer for having that mindset, but whatever. I enjoy the games and have no real reason to stop playing if others are still playing and willing to battle/trade with me.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #374 on: April 11, 2010, 07:04:03 PM »
I'm actually thinking about passing on it for now.

A 3rd Generation will inevitably be released, filled with features that quite frankly should have been there to begin with, and I'll have to waste another $40 to get in on that "expansion."

So for now, I'll just watch as each new Pokemon gets released, as well as story, "Evil" team (which, btw, hasn't been a real threat since Aqua & Magma), NPCs, and American names get released.

Print