Print

Author Topic: Rare Scarf in SUper Mario RPG  (Read 14580 times)

« on: June 07, 2000, 05:15:46 PM »
Does anyone know an easy way to get the rare scarf in Super Mario RPG. I think its in the Nimbus Land/Bean Valley vines, but I haven't been able to find it.
~Heir to the Royal Throne, the Baker of Many Cakes, Kisser of Many Noses,Bimbo Supreme, and Crybaby Extroidinaire,Her Royal Highness, the Noble Princess Peach Toadstool~

« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2000, 06:34:24 AM »
On the vines, you go up the OTHER way (the opposite one from the "easy" one) keep on climbin, I know its tough, but methinks that it is in a treasure chest somewhere up there. If I get this wrong, dont sue me. I haven't played SMrPG in awhile.

Professer Knowital knows nothing compared to me.     --Me
If at first you dont succeed, skydiving is not for you.

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2000, 12:55:36 PM »
Thanx, that was what I was afraid of, that it would be where its hard to reach it. Oh well.
~Heir to the Royal Throne, the Baker of Many Cakes, Kisser of Many Noses,Bimbo Supreme, and Crybaby Extroidinaire,Her Royal Highness, the Noble Princess Peach Toadstool~

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2000, 06:07:05 PM »
Hold on- it's not as hard as it looks.  To get the Rare Scarf much more easily, try this.

From Bean Valley or Nimbus Land or the Barrel Volcano or wherever, make your way to the section of the cloud area with a red vine, a blue vine, a green vine, and two yellow vines.  Take the yellow vine up into the next area.

<Hint- When jumping to the upper yellow vine, Mario grabs onto the verrry bottom.  Do not hold 'down' on the controller a split-second after Mario grabs on or he will fall off.>

Hopefully, you are now in an area with four vines: blue, red, yellow and green.  You want to make it to the green one.  Climb on top of the short yellow vine and jump straight up to reveal a hidden platform.  Now, use the red vine to jump onto the platform and then onto the green vine.

You may now climb up the green vine at your liesure to enter an area with two treasure boxes; one containing a frog coin (joy!) and the other holding the Rare Scarf.

I was able to complete all this in about 5 minutes, and I'm not very good. :)

I only wish I had a picture... text is very confusing. ;)
Someone set up us the bomb!

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2000, 08:48:03 PM »
Cool, I'll have to try that again. Thanx for the advice. :)

Print