Print

Author Topic: Come back, SquareSoft!!!  (Read 3610 times)

« on: June 08, 2000, 01:16:56 PM »
Do you think SquareSoft shouda come back for SMRPG2? I really think so. It probably would have benn a heck of a lot better. And 'Paper Mario Story' is the lamest excuse for a Game Title I have ever heard! I would have also liked to see Geno come back...

So long, my friend...
                        --Toby McKeehan

If at first you dont succeed, skydiving is not for you.

« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2000, 04:02:44 PM »
I doubt Square will be coming back any time within the next two years, but maybe in the later future.  Hopefuly if they do they will actually make a decent sequel to SMRPG

-James Head
[CPU3X@webtv.net]
[CPU3X@hotmail.com]
-James Head

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2000, 06:51:08 PM »
Yes! Paper Mario Story (PMS, hee hee) will probably suck without the Squaresoft characters like Mallow, Frogfucious, Valentina, Booster, Johnny Jones, Geno, etc. How can they call it a sequel without the major characters (I also theink that 2d characters in a 3d environment is a really dumb idea, but I'm a lapdog so I'll play it anyway:))
~Heir to the Royal Throne, the Baker of Many Cakes, Kisser of Many Noses,Bimbo Supreme, and Crybaby Extroidinaire,Her Royal Highness, the Noble Princess Peach Toadstool~

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2000, 05:53:45 AM »
I think SquareSoft should come back to Nintendo, especially with the Dolphin's hardware!

I live in Australia, and Super Mario RPG wasn't released here. Instead of making a sequel, they should make a new game with the same style, except instead of being able to go only 8 ways, you should be able to walk around like in Mario 64.

Hopefully they'd release it here in Australia, but if they did, a sequel to a game no-one's heard of would be silly.

Well that's what I think anyway.

- Professor Goat
- Professor Goat

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2000, 08:26:54 AM »
DIdn't I ask this earlier? ;->

Still, even if Square came back, they wouldn't use Geno or Mallow or anyone.  When Square makes a sequel to a game, they OBLITERATE all the old ones for new ones. Parasite Eve being the exception.

So if they did make SMRPG2, there'd be no Geno or Mallow.

It's nice to think.

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2000, 09:03:16 PM »
Actually, I've heard that Paper Mario isn't the REAL sequel to SMRPG, but that the real SMRPG2 will be for the Dolphin. But, that's just a rumor....

I Don't Suffer from Insanity -- I'm a Carrier
I Don't Suffer from Insanity -- I'm a Carrier

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2000, 02:32:11 PM »
Actually, some ex-square members have rejoined Nintendo and are working on a game called magical vacation for the gameboy advanced, or something like that .I read it at the GIA.

Kweeh! Kweeh!
Kweeh! Kweeh! Yes, Kweeh forever!

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2000, 11:43:30 PM »
I read somewhere that Square will stick with Sony and continue making Final Fantasy games for Sony's systems.  If that is true, Square will most likely not come back to Nintendo for SMRPG2 or any other game for a couple of years.
By the power of the Orange....

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2000, 03:17:36 PM »
Actually, I read an interview with Square in EGM in which they said that they were considering returning to Nintendo with the advent of the Dolphin and the GBA.

daFunkster- what do you mean by 'goodbye my friend, Toby McKeehan'?  Do you mean the Toby from DC Talk, by any chance?
Someone set up us the bomb!

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2001, 01:00:44 PM »
i went back to 365 days (as i said earlier, i quit reading this for awhile) and yeah, that's the one.

If at first you dont succeed, skydiving is not for you.

Print