Print

Author Topic: Language Selection  (Read 4492 times)

« on: June 28, 2000, 03:14:03 PM »
Deezer-

I think that a feature you could add to the site that would really boost accessability is  language selection.  Y'know, have some different translations of TMK avilable at the front page?  Maybe some Spanish, German, or Japanese (Katakana, I think).  Just imagine all the international Mario info you could learn and add to the site!  Of course, it would be difficult and time consuming... but nothing that's worth anything comes easy to everyone, right?
Someone set up us the bomb!

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2000, 11:06:40 PM »
I'd definitely make TMK available in another language if I was completely fluent in another language. :P
I've only been studying Japanese for a year, and I took Spanish for four years in high school only. Hmm, I'd probably be almost fluent in Spanish if I hadn't gotten interested in Japanese...

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2000, 11:17:24 PM »
Deezer-

Actually, I am currently in high school and studying Spanish.  I'm not very fluent at all, but I understand the mechanics of the language.  If you need any help as far as that goes, I can pitch in if you'd like.  I do understand that you're very busy and all, but I'm ready to help, should duty call.  :)

The time has come, my friends, to ask not 'what can TMK do for me?', but 'what can I do for TMK?'.
-Hinopio
Someone set up us the bomb!

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2000, 12:31:08 PM »
If you ever decide to do this multiple language thing and need help with French, you could always E-mail me at thelothegreat@hotmail.com . After all, French is my first language. I too think that having multiple languages is a mark of a high-quality site, it just makes so much more professional.

¤Thelo¤

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2000, 06:05:26 PM »
On about.com, they have language links, and if you go to http://babel.altavista.com, you can translate into Spanish, French, German, Italian, and Portuguese (I use it all the time to cheat on Spanish homework....hee hee) Its really useful for other things too, though.

~Heir to the Royal Throne, the Baker of Many Cakes, Kisser of Many Noses,Bimbo Supreme, and Crybaby Extroidinaire,Her Royal Highness, the Noble Princess Peach Toadstool~
~Heir to the Royal Throne, the Baker of Many Cakes, Kisser of Many Noses,Bimbo Supreme, and Crybaby Extroidinaire,Her Royal Highness, the Noble Princess Peach Toadstool~

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2000, 11:42:39 AM »
Umm... If I were you I wouldn't rely too much on Babelfish. Translating single words is fine, but it makes some truly weird constructed sentences from time to time, and under no circumstances would I recommend it to translate an entire site. It's okay if you want to have the general idea, though.

¤Thelo¤

Print