Print

Author Topic: Mario War  (Read 7474 times)

« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2000, 09:28:10 AM »
Hey Dave, shut up! No one in this whole topic said that the game has to be filled with sex,blood,swearing and things that 'splode. You are just assuming that's what we think and filling this with your own ideas. Oh yeah, and your wide knowledge of definitions impressed me! (note the sarcasm) Oh I'm sorry, you don't know that big word? Guess what? kiddish and funner ARE words! I've taken the liberty of looking them up in the dictionary. If you look in kid at the end it has kiddish the adjective with the defintion here it is: Child like or immature. With a kiddish quality. Now I will define "funner". If you look in fun the word funner is at the end with a definition: Something that provides double the mirth or amusement than regular happiness. I hate correcting people but this had to be done. I won't let you put words in my, or other board members mouths'. I never said anything about bad language and sex.
Vipers Attack!

« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2000, 10:22:25 AM »
Yeah, Man! Sex and Mega-Violence I'm not
gonna tolerate in Mario games! besides,
NOBODY SAID there was gonna be that crap in
the next games! Cobra certanly set you
straight, Davey!

BANG YOUR HEAD!
BANG YOUR HEAD!

« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2000, 11:12:17 AM »
Yowowowowowowowwww......What was the topic again?

Ahh yes...more mature, less kiddish Mario gaming...something like...

Not guns, but things that could maybe do damage...like...Bob-ombs. They could be thrown, but instead of the horrid screams and splatters of blood from the Koopi(i think thats plural for Koopa, er somethin)there would be...Koopas flying back with slightly charred shells or something.

I mean...stomping something into oblivion is pretty violent. I think Mr. Miyamoto knows what he's doing. Let's trust the man, because if it wasn't for him, this "contreversial conversation" wouldn't be taking place right now.

As for kiddish Mario games...Yoshi Island was a Yoshi game! Not really....it had Mario genre, but in the SSB manual it talks of Yoshi's annoying cuteness...

I think Mario games should have a bit more reealism, and any gaps could be filled in with the creativity of the classic Mario games. It just works that way..

-Luigi

I''m-a Luigi, number-a one!
Do my funky dance, Oy Oy Oy!

*does victory dance after SSB fight*

« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2000, 12:57:09 PM »
I agree-a with Super Luigi. Maybe Nintendo means more mature by, say, instead of Peach kissing Mario on the nose she'd actually kiss him, or, uhmm...it will actually give more detail to the throw of the fireballs, and have really evil music play at Bowser's-a castle, you know? Like-a that, not blood and guts and what not. As-a Luigi said, Mr. Miyamoto knows what he's-a doing! You lot maybe should take out a bit of the hostility in these-a posts too (I don't mean everyone, just a few  un-nameless ones). With that-a said, I go, to rescue the Princess, defeat-a Bowser, and-a eat two bowls of pasta! Not one, but two!

-Mario

Here we gooo!!!
Kickin' it since 2000.

« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2000, 04:15:45 AM »
Yoshi's STORY people... Yoshi's Story is the sickly cute one that everyone hates because it's too easy...

Yoshi's ISLAND is one of the greatest platformers ever made, and the graphical style is unique and interesting rather than blocky and dull.

I agree with David Dayton, and I can't believe you're all shouting at him like that! I was hoping this forum with filled with thoughtful people who listened to points and didn't treat others like crap! I guess I was wrong. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

Fryguy - summoned from the flame

"I bent my wookie!"
Webmaster
nindb.classicgaming.gamespy.com - Nintendo Database

« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2000, 12:04:46 PM »
As long as Miyamoto keeps the Mario series fun, I'll play it. Nuff' said on this matter.

The untold agent is among you.
Did you meet my Siberian Monkey?

« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2000, 02:08:36 PM »
Hey! Dave treated me like crap. I only retaliated to his insults. He's the one who instigated this whole fight I've been having with everyone. I will discontinue this post if it keeps on going like this. All I wanted was two simple comments and that's all. I didn't mean for it to be like this. STOP THE FIGHTING!
Vipers Attack!

« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2000, 04:52:37 PM »
Dude, you guys need to chill out.

CobraCommander and
WildMarioGuy- Let me clue you in on something here-

David Dayton is on TMK staff.  If you're gonna flame somebody, I'd suggest NOT flaming him.  I repeat, David Dayton is on TMK staff.  If you really want to get banned, go ahead.

Just FYI.
Someone set up us the bomb!

« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2000, 07:00:30 PM »
I am sorry to anyone I offended as I said before. I don't think that is a flame war because it didn't go on and on and on. Now people, PLEASE find a new topic to respond to. This has gone way too far. I never wanted to argue with Dave or anyone else I just wanted it to be a regular post. Now, can we just forget this whole thing?
Vipers Attack!

« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2000, 05:28:32 PM »
I don't thing funner is a word.  Isn't it "more fun"?  I've been taught that all my life.

« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2000, 12:18:50 PM »
Mario is cool!
but Nintendo need to create more games like smb/w.... sm64 is nice, but it's not a "MARIO" game.
Where are the "?" blocks?? the fiery flower? the star???? the mushroom???? where are those cool things?!?!!? MIYAMOTO!!!!!!
Ori Porath

Print