Print

Author Topic: Toad's gender  (Read 4368 times)

« on: June 25, 2000, 10:59:38 AM »
Well someone was bound to post it!

I just read the biological taxonomy discussion in the "Women of the Mushroom Kingdom" post and it got me thinking... What do you guys think Toad is?  Male?  Female? Hermaphrodite?  Genderless freak of nature?  And I am not talking about all the shrooms and Retainers walking around the Mushroom Kingdom.  I am talking about Kinopio/Toad, the guy who was playable in SMB2, races in the Mario Kart games, etc.  So?

(After we clear this matter up, we can get started on exactly what Birdo is.)
Thank you for saving us but our princess is in another castle!

« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2000, 11:30:38 AM »
I'm guessing Toad's androgynous.

That's formal for saying 'He/She/It has no specifed/confirmed gender'.

It's your imagination to what Toad's gender is... though Game Informer thinks otherwise... coughRainbowRacketcough

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2000, 11:44:59 AM »
Anybody read the article for this in EGM? There were alot of theories for it, but I've always thought Toad was a guy.

Kweeh! Forget Whark! Kweeh! Is better!
Kweeh! Kweeh! Yes, Kweeh forever!

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2000, 12:06:41 PM »
Toad is definitely male.  Yoshi's a matter of debate, but Toad it's pretty certain.
Mega 2
Cybernetic Abiogenesis Project

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2000, 02:01:39 PM »
Okay, let's say Toad is just a short male-seeming shroom with an effeminate voice.  And Yoshi is a mostly male dinosaur who just happens to lay eggs.  And Birdo used to be gender-confused, but that's behind her now.  And Bowser just hatched all seven Koopalings on his own.  It makes me think.  There's a helluva lotta characters in the Mario universe who display androgynous traits.  Wierd...
Thank you for saving us but our princess is in another castle!

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2000, 02:34:43 PM »
It's a video game!  The creators of "mario" didn't expect people to take it all so seriously.
Mega 2

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2000, 02:53:37 PM »
Some of us like to nitpick.

It's a silly habit.

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2000, 08:10:27 AM »
I think he's a male. The hat and diaper might confuse some people, but I can't imagine a girl wearing that jacket thing Toad wears.

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2000, 10:26:20 AM »
What I wonder is what was Toad and Peach's relationship before "Super Mario Bros. 2?"  I mean, was there "something" between them before Mario came?
Mega 2

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2000, 06:27:07 PM »
I think its obvious that Toad (and Yoshi) are guys but if you need proof, the manual for SMB2 states that Toad is a "he".

Print