Print

Author Topic: Mario vs. Sonic (or: Nintendo vs. Sega)  (Read 8874 times)

« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2000, 05:27:06 AM »
I like both the same. I'll always have a place in my heart for both Mario and Sonic. Neither side is the best, sega has some things Nintendo doesn't and same for Nintendo. When I was little the only differace to me was the system, I would play both Mario and Sonic for hours, and I still haven't changed my mind about it.

"PARATROOPA'S, ATTACK"
"PARATROOPA''S, ATTACK"

« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2000, 06:58:19 AM »
If there's a good game on a console then I'll enjoy it. I tend to sit closer to Nintendo on this one because I find I enjoy a LOT more of their games than any other company.

PSX had FF7 and 8 and Metal Gear Solid which were all great games.

DC has quite a few good games for it now.

N64 has tonnes of games that I want. I have over 20 N64 games, half of which I still play regularly, and even that is only a portion of the games I want for the console.
Webmaster
nindb.classicgaming.gamespy.com - Nintendo Database

« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2001, 11:14:34 PM »
Sonic has a lot of motive to play it- ohh... save the little animals!

« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2001, 11:30:57 AM »
Hmmm...a lot of people have been out of the news recently. Well, I'll fill you guys in.

At the end of December, The New York Times reported that Nintendo was in talks to buy out Sega for $2 billion. Very exciting news indeed. However, the news was proved false after both companys denied any buyouts. Anyway, just recently, a news report came out stating that Sega was to develop for Game Boy Advance. Again, this is just a rumor, but this story seems more likely to come true. Sega has always been interested to develop handheld games. Personally, I would love to have Sonic on my Game Boy Advance. Wouldn't you? :)

As for the Xbox, EGM (Electronic Gaming Magazine) has recovered pictures of the Xbox design and its controller. Microsoft's ticked off now, I bet. Cut and paste these into your browser if you want:

http://ironfoot.iwarp.com/images/Xbox/010301-xbox1.jpg
http://ironfoot.iwarp.com/images/Xbox/010301-xbox2.jpg
http://ironfoot.iwarp.com/images/Xbox/010301-xbox3.jpg
http://ironfoot.iwarp.com/images/Xbox/010301-xbox4.jpg
http://ironfoot.iwarp.com/images/Xbox/010301-xbox5.jpg

Ugly, isn't it? ;) That's enough news for now.

Ironfoot
Webmaster of Wario Castle
http://whq.co-ltd.net/
Did you meet my Siberian Monkey?

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2001, 10:42:38 AM »
Sega teaming up with Nintendo? That's horrible news! Why in the hell would Sega team up with Nintendo if the two companies have been competing with each other ever since the very beginning...? IT'S JUST NOT LOGICAL!

If Sega wants to make games for handheld systems, why don't they just bring back the Game Gear?

Mario Maniac!!
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2001, 08:00:22 PM »
Hey!People say Nintendo and Sega are joing forces,but it might not be true.Just read electronic gaming monthly magazine issue #140 on page 26 and you will see what i'm talking about.Besides,Mario and Luigi could beat the pants off Sonic and Tails anyday!

« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2001, 09:20:42 PM »
well now it's official (in case you've all been in a cave on mars for the past month with your fingers in your mouth and your eyes shut ) that sega is working for other systems (mainly nintendo) sonic will have a game on GBA it is OFFICIAL. as for an RPG made by Seg and Nintendo? there is a rumour of that going around again. it's very possible now since Sega is now a software developing company.

"PARATROOPA'S, ATTACK"
"PARATROOPA''S, ATTACK"

« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2001, 05:55:02 AM »
Heh, I wonder if this collaboration will end up with some Sega cameos in Nintendo games or vice versa.
Webmaster
nindb.classicgaming.gamespy.com - Nintendo Database

« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2001, 03:59:06 PM »
Future seems perfect, doesn't it? Sega working for Nintendo... WOW! The bad news (that everyone know) are that Sega will publish games also for other companies, such as Sony, those !%$&*. I'm not saying nothing new here, not breaking news, I'm just willing to express my opinion. And I will never think that Sonic is at the level of Mario, but I still like him and his echidna partner and this little naif fox friend. So if Sega makes good games for GCN I will buy them without any problem and even with pleasure.

Nintendo rocks, Sony sucks, and Sega doesn't matter any more.

------------------------------
Ens veiem al pròxim mil·leni!
See ya, er, soon!

Gonçal d=^)

Edited by - Admiral Gonçal on 3/16/01 2:12:23 PM
------------------------------
Ens veiem al pròxim mil·leni!
See ya, er, soon!

Gonçal d=^)

Zix

« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2001, 05:30:43 PM »
It's my opinion that N's been producing some pretty crappy games as of late...Sony's popularity is rising, almost entirely held upon the shoulders of Square. FF forever. Yes. o.o

(Mind you, I have not played Paper Mario or CBFD, even though I want to. o.o)

"Did you say pie?!" ~I. M. Weasel

« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2001, 05:48:37 PM »
sega is going to stop production of the dreamcast, and it's gonna become one of those 3rd party game designers (like square). and im pretty sure, actually, sonic is going on the gba. remember-these are NOT rumors. they have been confirmed (except maybe the last one).

mario maniac, i bet your just dying right now :0

Sono ichi fanku-ippai!
If at first you dont succeed, skydiving is not for you.

Zix

« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2001, 09:47:08 PM »
They're only stopping production of the Dreamcast cuz they're losing more money on it than they are gaining.

« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2001, 06:51:28 PM »
square makeing better games then the big N? ha square stinks, nintendo will crush square

"PARATROOPA'S, ATTACK"
"PARATROOPA''S, ATTACK"

« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2001, 04:44:43 PM »
Controversial message board. I love both Sonic and Mario. when i was in elementary school i'd run home just to sit in front of the Tv with my bro and play Mario all day. Sonic is great, and there is nothing wrong with saving animals. Sonic Adventure was sorta lacking, but Sonic Adventure 2 will be a lot better because they actually put time and effore into it. Sega and Nintendo teaming up would be a pretty cool thing. The games would turn out weird though. As for "Whos Better?" thats an opinion question, you cant pull out facts and say, Marios better because or Sonics' better because...I mean they've both had great careers and will both be around for a long time hopefully. the gaming market is a lot better with 3 systems (Playstation, Dreamcast, and Nintendo) because it gives people OPTIONS and thats the good thing. Not everyone in the world wants to play Mario, or Sonic, maybe they wanna play Metal Gear, or vice versa (three ways) Think about what it would be like with Sonic or Mario gone. I know for one my life would be a lot more boring because i spend a lot of time on both. Theres no point in arguing over whos better, because in the end they both win. (Crash Bandicoot 4eva!)
"Timmay!"

« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2001, 04:26:22 PM »
It's already ended. Sega's reverted to a software company, and they'll be making games for various consoles, including a Sonic Advance.

Print