Print

Author Topic: E3  (Read 2860 times)

« on: May 20, 2005, 08:44:12 AM »
Question, i heard that you have to be 18 or older to get into E3. Is this true for the press?

Break me...I dare you.
Break me...I dare you.

« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2005, 12:28:29 PM »
Yes, and you have to be related to the industry in some way.

So, planning a trip to E3 the year you turn 18 is pretty much futile, unless you're a part of the media.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2005, 01:13:21 PM »
Wasn't it something like you had to have an active game-related website hosted by GameSpy for at least 3 months?

"Do you got a mullet goin’ on?"
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2005, 03:02:29 PM »
idk, but i guess i better stop being lazy with my site and start working my butt off if i want to go...but i think you just have to have an active gmaing site that has good content.

Break me...I dare you.
Break me...I dare you.

goodie

• Nike and Reebok
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2005, 05:01:25 PM »
If I understand correctly, just having a good gaming site isn't enough. You have to have it hosted by GameSpy or some similar company. On the E3 site, it says commercial gaming sites count, but "fansites" don't. I believe the reason the people from here got to go is because TMK- although it's a fansite, is hosted by GameSpy, and GameSpy is part of the game industry. So I guess with GameSpy's passes, the E3 people considered them to be part of GameSpy, and therefore let them in. I really ought to start a gaming site and get them to host it (even though their servers make me feel like I'm on dial-up again :P ). If I can do this, I just might be able to go next year- or the next year....

------------------------
"Nintendo is not an or company. With games devoted just to this group or that group. We`re an and company.
Games for this group and that group. And for groups that don`t even call themselves gamers yet." -Reggie Fils-Aime

Edited by - goodie on 5/26/2005 4:05:10 PM
576f726c6420392069732061207365637265742e

Print