Print

Author Topic: Left 4 Dead  (Read 36684 times)

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #120 on: September 30, 2009, 02:00:42 PM »
oh my god.

brb
every

« Reply #121 on: September 30, 2009, 09:50:40 PM »
I downloaded it. We can give it a shot sometime soon.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #122 on: September 30, 2009, 10:58:24 PM »
I tried it on coop and died at the very end of the first half and then quit because I had to make dinner.

But it was still mad fun. And Francis says "GOD[darn]" a lot more than he used to.
every

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #123 on: October 01, 2009, 03:14:30 PM »
I'm without graphics cards, I should have a new one Friday or Monday. I tried to rally a game before but you guys didn't show.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #124 on: October 01, 2009, 04:11:34 PM »
Sorry, I had a crazy scheme to help out with. I'm totally open for Friday, though.
every

TEM

« Reply #125 on: November 28, 2009, 09:06:21 PM »
Just played my first campaign of L4D2 with Eclipsed Moon, Captain Jim, and a dude named Travis who managed to kill more zombies than me. The chainsaw is awesome and I love chopping up zombies with the blade melee weapons, the axe and machete in particular. I pooped a little at the finale of the Parrish because we were almost across the bridge and when I looked behind me I saw Jim as a little dot getting ground to dust by a Charger. We left him there. Also EM yelled at me for shooting him when me and Travis were blowing zombies off of him when he was the last guy getting to the chopper.

EDIT: Also I pooped when I was rallying everyone to prepare to take out a wandering Witch when Jim shot her directly with a grenade launcher with no warning.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2009, 09:12:16 PM by TEM »

TEM

« Reply #126 on: December 30, 2009, 12:22:58 PM »
I just played the sickest match of Scavenge ever. We were playing 5 rounds in the Mall Atrium. Each team was pretty good, and the first 4 rounds were won alternating back and forth. SO the 5th round was going to decide it. My team played infected first and stopped the Survivors at 3 cans. We rejoiced because this was almost a guaranteed won round, winning the entire game in the process. However, the enemy team came at us full force. We got 3 cans in, 2 guys on the ground, 2 on the stairs near the car. I got pulled off the ledge at the top of the staircase by a Jockey, then when my partner (who was lagging a bit) got up to help me up, the same Jockey got HIM off the same ledge so we overlapped hanging there. On the ground one of our teammates was down by unknown means, and the same Jockey got the guy trying to help him up, ending the match.

I was pooping in amazement at this Jockey, and thinking that we lost the match when we stopped the other team at 3 cans. But then the tie-breaker started and I realized we got as many cans as them at the end, and we did it in 30 seconds to their 2 minutes, winning us the round and the match. It was a freak fest.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #127 on: December 30, 2009, 09:05:54 PM »
I'm really bad at Scavenge so I don't play it.
every

« Reply #128 on: March 16, 2010, 01:38:56 PM »
Both of the Midnight Riders songs played during the Dark Carnival finale hit the Rock Band Network today. So awesome.

« Reply #129 on: March 23, 2010, 01:02:17 AM »
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #130 on: March 23, 2010, 01:49:23 AM »
Oh man, that is sad. The only cast member of L4D1 I didn't always like was Francis, but even he has his amusements. "Keep your beard on, Bill!"

I happen to have a question: are there any people who would be interested in mapping for L4D1? I'm not going to make any more progress after the two maps I made for a campaign doomed to see the release of L4D2. This doesn't mean it couldn't be somehow adapted with a lot of hard work, but it's sad. Anyway, two vmfs useful for finishing campaigns, making survival maps, or learning how to map if anyone wants them.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #131 on: March 23, 2010, 03:04:15 PM »
I love how Valve feels they have to spoil every [darn] thing about any new L4D game or DLC before it comes out. I realize that it doesn't ruin the game one bit, but I'd love to be playing and suddenly - ooh, it's raining! Wow! Or, ooh, there's a new zombie I've never seen before! Y'know?

Anyway, I already like to tell my teammates I've been bitten and bravely sacrifice myself by jumping off the roof at the beginning of No Mercy, so this is old territory to me.
every

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #132 on: April 23, 2010, 03:19:50 PM »
So I played The Passing. The L4D1 tie-in stuff is pretty cool, but my favorite part is the achievements, which are easily the most creative in L4D so far. Another highlight is that the graffiti in The Passing is probably the funniest stuff Valve's put out since Portal (and the most reference-laden; I counted riffs on Dead Rising, the 2004 Dawn of the Dead, and Shaun of the Dead, for starters). Also, (SERIOUS ACTUAL SPOILER), I'm not telling you which of the L4D1 survivors dies, just play the [darn] thing. Packs much more content into three sections than Crash Course did. Also, the whole thing with the Mutations looks sort of cool, if hilariously unbalanced.
every

« Reply #133 on: April 24, 2010, 01:29:11 AM »
Just ran through it on Normal with bobman. That was the most anti-climactic "someone dies" I've ever seen. The way they did it, I am also suspicious that it could change each time? (haven't checked if I'm right) Will there be more details in the upcoming L4D content?

Mutations and more Scavenging are the best parts.

P.S. I saw a Plants vs. Zombies reference too.

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #134 on: April 24, 2010, 03:32:53 AM »
LD, apparently the death happened before The Passing, and will be explored in the L4D content that takes place leading up to it. It's also been the same survivor each time I've played.

Also I spied an American Dad reference. My favorite is still the Dead Rising one.
No! I don't want that!

Print