Print

Author Topic: Left 4 Dead  (Read 36698 times)

« Reply #90 on: August 04, 2009, 11:06:36 PM »
Quote from: Steam News
While containing both Survival maps and a Co-operative Campaign, the primary goal of "Crash" is to deliver a complete Versus mode experience in just 30 minutes, resulting in a streamlined version of the game's existing Versus campaigns.

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #91 on: August 04, 2009, 11:41:19 PM »
If it says primary goal in a sentence I immediately start reading there. I can't shake that space marine training.

« Reply #92 on: August 05, 2009, 11:14:29 AM »
WOOOO! Suck on that, 360 Valve gamers!

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #93 on: August 05, 2009, 11:10:27 PM »
Wooo. PC elitism continues to rear its ugly head.
= = = = = = =
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #94 on: August 05, 2009, 11:22:22 PM »
I'm pretty sure it's Microsoft wanting a cut from DLC this time (it was a big deal that the Survival Pack was free, remember?) instead of PC elitism.

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #95 on: August 05, 2009, 11:27:54 PM »
Actually I was referring to the previous "Suck on that, 360 valve gamers." comment. I'm well aware of Microsoft being a greedy business corporation. Afterall, there's a reason people replace the S in Microsoft with a $ in a mocking fashion.

Also, a page ago I already stated "Microsoft lurrrvs money." So there. Please read more posts next time before being snarky.
= = = = = = =

« Reply #96 on: August 05, 2009, 11:31:41 PM »
bobman has admitted to me in private that he wishes he had gotten L4D on 360. His post was just him trying to make himself feel better about what he has, similar to kids with Genesis in the 16-bit days.

(PC is superior for FPSing though...)

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #97 on: August 05, 2009, 11:39:09 PM »
True. I have L4D and TF2 on both PC and X360. I just don't have the desire to retrain myself to be comfortable with wasd.
= = = = = = =

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #98 on: August 05, 2009, 11:40:20 PM »
No, Meowrik, I read that post. It's just that A. it was yesterday and I've slept since then, and B. at this point I'm so used to people unnecessarily quoting the post before them to respond to it on so many forums that it's almost impossible to tell what someone is talking about when they don't.

Besides, it was either that or talk about how PC is loads better.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #99 on: August 06, 2009, 06:05:01 AM »
But PC is loads better. Pretty much the only genres PC-exclusive elitists are missing out on are fighters and first runs of big-big triple-A titles. The only catch is that in this day and age you'd better have a [darn] good computer if you ever want to actually play anything with decent graphics.
every

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #100 on: August 06, 2009, 08:18:07 AM »
Actually, my reasons for finally getting a 360 (which my dad will be paying for, mind you) are The Beatles: Rock Band, an assload of insane XBLA-only shmups, and Mega Man 9. None of those are fighting games, and only one of those could be considered a AAA title.

I (or anyone else) can build a computer for under $1000 that can handle a lot of the stuff coming out for a while with no problem. Nowadays, the whole "$2500+ to play games on your computer" thing is a myth perpetuated by a vocal minority who want 16GB of RAM and graphics better than what most games will be putting out at max settings for months.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #101 on: August 06, 2009, 08:46:54 AM »
Personally, I enjoy PC gaming for quite a few reasons:

High customizibility with, for the most part, ease of doing such (Xbox owners have to jump through some crazy hoops to get their Alyxs naked)
The loads and loads of indie games that will probably never end up on Xbox Live Arcade (and I'm not talking about the big popular corporate-backed indie games)
Mods (Garry's Mod, Research & Development, Trespasser, Pirates Vikings & Knights, that one that turns Civ IV into an alien-fighting real-time RPG, all that good stuff)

And Warp, the emphasis in my post was on "missing out on". As someone with such a sophisticated taste in games, I don't consider the Beatles, an assload of shmups, and Mega Man 9 to be reason enough to buy an Xbox. I do consider Dead Rising, Halo, and GTA IV to be, though, and along with lots of others.
every

« Reply #102 on: August 06, 2009, 11:06:40 AM »
I am no PC elitist. I would much rather sit down on my couch and play a game on my 360 than sit in this uncomfortable chair in the hottest room in the house playing a game until my computer shuts down. That's my main problem with PC gaming-- I don't understand my computer enough to fix the weird problems that arise, like random crashes during L4D and it freezing every 2 minutes like it's doing now.

There are exceptions: RTS (WarCraft) and Valve games (TF2, L4D, Counter-Strike, Half-Life). RTS because it's just so much easier with a mouse. Valve games because:
1. Mouse + keyboard
2. User-created content (maps)
3. Free downloadable content and updates

Other than those few exceptions (among others), if a game is on the PC and 360, I will buy it for the 360.

I did say I wish I had L4D for 360, there's no reason to hide that, because there's nothing wrong with that. What I didn't say was I wish I had it for 360 instead of PC. In fact, TEM would applaud me because I would be 2/3 of a true fan.

Thus, my comment. 360 L4D players should know better than to buy a Valve game on anything other than PC at first.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2009, 11:08:44 AM by bobman37 »

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #103 on: August 06, 2009, 11:23:19 AM »
Glorb's outrageous statement that PCs get most of console games is boggling my mind. PCs right now are getting a lot of 360 fare and vice versa, but then I think about Mario Galaxy or something, Final Fantasy XII, the list goes on.
PCs can theoretically get way better graphics and stuff if you build a good one though, this is true.
That was a joke.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #104 on: August 06, 2009, 05:00:00 PM »
I never said PC gets most of console games. I said the only genres PC gamers are missing out on in a major way are fighting games and first runs of triple-A games (i.e. exclusives). This means that:

a) PC gamers have to settle for MUGEN or whatever, and
2) you probably won't get to play Grand Theft Halo Fantasy until a year or so later, if at all

If you play PC games primarily you will not feel you are missing out on girly RPGs and Mario because you'll have Half-Life and whatnot. Conversely, the opposite is true for console-primary gamers who are perfectly capable of getting by with Mario and girly RPGs.

If I have to explain this again I may freak.
every

Print