Print

Author Topic: What new DS\Wii game do you want Nintendo to make?  (Read 8410 times)

« on: January 06, 2010, 11:17:45 PM »
Through in an idea if you want.
Numions

« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2010, 11:21:50 PM »
Personally, I think Nintendo should make a new super smash bros, whether it be a few years or even a century.  The only problem is that the creator quit Nintendo.
Numions

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2010, 11:48:46 PM »
If you didn't notice, he quit HAL (not Nintendo) before he even made Brawl.
That was a joke.

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2010, 08:10:31 PM »
HAL Laboratory is a Nintendo second party developer.
Numions

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2010, 03:03:36 AM »
I'm sure they wouldn't hesitate to make a new one without him. Smash Bros is too much of a money spinner for them to give up on, anyway.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2010, 07:39:29 AM »
I would actually be intrigued to see a Smash Bros. game without a Kirby influence.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2010, 10:27:02 AM »
What do you have against Kirby?
He is an awesome little alien!
I don't see why we can't have links or images in this.

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2010, 06:04:24 PM »
I suppose my greatest Nintendo-developed desire right now would be a Wii entry in the Rhythm Heaven series.

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2010, 06:10:44 PM »
I would actually be intrigued to see a Smash Bros. game without a Kirby influence.

Let's see what the developers of Mortal Kombat can do with the series. :P
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2010, 06:20:24 PM »
The game I want has already been made, but Nintendo won't publish it in the US. That would be Soma Bringer.

A Wii Rhythm Heaven game would definitely be pretty awesome.

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2010, 06:29:24 PM »
Most (if not all) people that post on Flipnote Hatena want a Super Smash Bros DS.  I definitely agree.
Numions

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2010, 06:33:38 PM »
Two of them were already made: Jump Superstars and Jump Ultimate Stars. Both are quite good. Beating up Uchiha Sasuke with Don Pachi is awesome.

Oh, wait, you wanted one with Nintendo characters? T·O·O B·A·D!

« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2010, 06:36:57 PM »
I like Jump Ultimate Stars because you can play as Kinnikuman.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2010, 06:50:36 PM »
I like that you can play as Yugi Mutou, who retains attacks based on the original Yu-Gi-Oh! manga in addition to attacks based on Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelist. Rolling d10s at enemy combatants and then slamming them with a beam from Slifer the Sky Dragon is awesome.

Oh, I also like playing as Jotaro and Dio, of course.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2010, 09:01:02 PM »
Why did Nintendo publish that game?

« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2010, 05:06:53 PM »
SMAS Deluxe for DS.  I'd never play anything else on it again (except maybe the Paper Mario port that's also never going to be made).
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2010, 05:44:09 PM »
I argue that remakes don't even qualify as new games. Also why do you need SMAS they just redid like all of them on GBA
That was a joke.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2010, 06:05:25 PM »
Well then, screw what I was going to say about a Super Metroid remake on the DS.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2010, 09:58:35 PM »
KIRBY WII! I want Kirby Wii to finally be made!

and maybe a new Mario RPG for the Wii.
I don't see why we can't have links or images in this.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2010, 10:01:52 PM »
It's sad when we have to wish for games that were already announced years ago.

« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2010, 10:11:34 PM »
KIRBY WII! I want Kirby Wii to finally be made!

and maybe a new Mario RPG for the Wii.

Amen to both. What's it been for the former, now? Five years? As for the prospect of a Wii Mario RPG, discounting the deviant and disappointing SPM, I can recall a Nintendo Power interview stating that the PM series is unlikely to ever return to its conventional RPG style.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2010, 10:29:18 PM »
Well, it might eventually get old if they did. That being said, what the heck else are they going to do with it now? I actually liked SPM, but I'm not sure another pseudo-platformer is needed.

« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2010, 10:55:02 PM »
I don't think the look or gameplay of Super Metroid will ever become dated, so I'm not hoping for a remake of that. I did want a remake of the original Metroid (preferably with Super Metroid controls) until I realized Metroid: Zero Mission is that game (or close enough).

And I still want Star Fox 2. That thing was nearly completed and perfectly playable. They could create another Star Fox game that is like Star Fox Command but without the stylus control (just control it classic-like).

As for a new DS or Wii game... do a Rayman game. No, not a Raving Rabbids game, I said RAYMAN. You know, the guy in the title. The guy who was a big hit with "Rayman 2: The Great Escape". My only complaint with that game was how difficult and unfair it became later on. I basically hated every segment where's Rayman's racing on something. Riding the dragon in the swamp like a water ski - hated it, kept bumping into crates and bombs. Riding the walking bomb - too twitchy, and since it starts going in the direction it's facing, don't have the bomb stop near a tree or else you'll run right into it when you hop on. Flying down water/lava rapids on a stone that you can only move by shooting in the opposite direction - I HATE that mechanic, I can never get it to work, especially not when the stone bounces off the walls wildly (I think it did, it's been so long). And finally that rolling chair where you had to keep rotating to avoid the obstacles coming at every angle. I appreciate that the level's cleverly designed that you merely have to hold a direction for a few seconds, but I don't know that ahead of time and I tend to panic when a pillar's about to smack me in the face. It's not fair to try to get through those levels without getting hit once. And when I hit it, I go back a million miles. That is not fun. I could have loved Rayman, but it was those segments that prevented me from completing it (or getting anywhere close for that matter). Please make an easier Rayman game!
You didn't say wot wot.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2010, 11:55:48 PM »
Star Fox 2 was complete, to the best of my knowledge.
That was a joke.

« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2010, 12:13:11 AM »
But not released in America.

Maybe we should see more of Sega's franchises appear on Nintendo systems. ...of course, I say that considering it's already seen Spyro, Crash, Nights, Klonoa, and via Virtual Console a bunch more. But maybe there should be a new Ecco the Dolphin game. I know I'm wishing in vain that they can find a way for a 3D Ecco game to work (controls were too imprecise, always got lost in the levels, hints are extremely vague as they typically are in Ecco games), but "Defender of the Future" looked so beautiful that I want to see a second shot at it. How could motion control be incorporated into Ecco? Uh...

Okay, forget that. We need a remake of Pilotwings 64 or a port of Forsaken 64. They could make good use of the Wiimote.

*reads reviews for a couple of the recent Spyro games* Holy crap, they got the voices of Elijah Wood, David Spade, Gary Oldman, Mark Hamill, Wayne Brady... I can die happy now.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2010, 12:25:03 AM by penguinwizard »
You didn't say wot wot.

« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2010, 12:17:46 AM »
a new Mario RPG for the Wii.

This so much.  Preferably of the M&L persuasion, as the Paper Mario sequels failed to stand up the original (especially the latter one).  Then again, I'd still rather see a Mario RPG rendered in 3D for a change, even if the gameplay and storyline were Paper-Mario-ish.
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2010, 12:46:30 AM »
But not released in America.
Or anywhere else.
That was a joke.

« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2010, 01:03:06 AM »
Boy, I just can't slack on any detail with you around, can I?
You didn't say wot wot.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2010, 07:21:45 AM »
I don't think the look or gameplay of Super Metroid will ever become dated, so I'm not hoping for a remake of that. I did want a remake of the original Metroid (preferably with Super Metroid controls) until I realized Metroid: Zero Mission is that game (or close enough).
Metroid 2, man.  We need a Metroid 2 remake.  I just want a port of Super, and only mentioned that, on account of AM2R.

As for a new DS or Wii game... do a Rayman game. No, not a Raving Rabbids game, I said RAYMAN. You know, the guy in the title.
A thousand times this.  Personally, I could go for something on the order of Rayman 3.  A lot of people didn't like it compared to Rayman 2, but I thought it was great.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2010, 09:27:23 AM »
Considering that Japan is getting Rockman Zero Collection in April and that'll be all four Rockman Zero games on one DS card (which'll probably fit on a 64MB card with no problem; the largest card used by any DS game so far is four times that size), I see no reason why Nintendo couldn't create a Metroid Collection for the DS containing Metroid Zero Mission (with the original NES game as a bonus, as usual), a reworked version of Metroid II: Return of Samus that took advantage of not being on an 8-bit handheld, Super Metroid, and Metroid Fusion. I'd certainly buy it, even though I already own three out of five of the games that would be included.

As far as completely new games...wait, I already mentioned that I want a US release of Soma Bringer (though I didn't mention that I also want English-language releases of Ketsui Death Label, the aforementioned Jump Ultimate Stars, and Puyo Puyo 7) and not much in the way of stuff that hasn't already been made. Except, I would like an Elite Beat Agents sequel. Preferably one containing Don't Stop Me Now.

« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2010, 10:45:01 PM »
A new Pokemon title for the Wii would be nice. One that`s like Coloseum or XD, though.
The below statement is false
The above statement is true

« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2010, 01:36:33 AM »
The topic is What new games do you want, and here people are talking about remakes and ports! Oi!

Anyway, a new game starring Toad would be awesome, no matter what system it's on.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2010, 11:44:47 AM »
Wario's Woods II
That was a joke.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2010, 11:58:26 AM »
If a new Wario's Woods was made, it'd likely star the WarioWare characters. Not that this is a bad thing.

« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2010, 12:25:36 PM »
There I was ranting about people talking about remakes, yet here I am about to suggest a remake! What is this I don't even..!

A Wario's Woods remake with Wario Ware characters (and maybe Waluigi. I assume he works there too..) is an awesome idea. Toadette could take the place of the green vested 2P Toad that was in the Snes version of the game, some new voice clips (of course), and.. besides a slight graphics update, that's all I can really think of that would apply. :)
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Print