Poll

Who is your all-time favorite videogame character?

Mario
Luigi
Master Chief
Yoshi
DK
Link
Kirby
Lara Croft
Crash Bandicoot
Pac-Man
Pikachu
Mega Man
Sonic
Fox
Tails
Samus
Spyro
Bowser
Other
Print

Author Topic: Who's your all-time favorite videogame character?  (Read 39836 times)

« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2010, 11:14:35 PM »
Now you have your precious tales!
Numions

foxmccloudfan

• Guess who's banned!!!
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2010, 11:35:08 PM »
Yeah... personally, i like shadow...
Guess who's back!!!

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2010, 11:42:38 PM »
Too bad. You'll have to pick Other.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2010, 11:46:30 PM »
Heavy Weapons Guy
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2010, 11:48:08 PM »
Yeah... personally, i like shadow...
So why did you bother making this a poll at all if you're going to bring up characters that aren't poll options? It's as if Mario, Luigi, "Master Cheif" [sic], Yoshi, DK, Link, Kirby, Lara Croft, Crash Bandicoot, Pac-Man, Pikachu, Mega Man, Sonic, Fox, Tails, Samus, Spyro, and Bowser are the only video game characters you think anyone could possibly call their favorite, consigning characters like Umihara, Arle Nadja, Kotomine Kirei, Bubblun, Agent J, Ulala, the I-shaped Tetrimino, Baby-Lon, Crono, Nanathy, Jiro, Sol-Badguy, Viewtiful Joe, Error, the Qix, this one awesome party member in Etrian Odyssey that I named after a TMK member, and the Prince of All Cosmos to what will eventually end up as a bloated "other" option.

foxmccloudfan

• Guess who's banned!!!
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2010, 11:50:53 PM »
hey, i only have so much room, im not going to put every video game character ever to exist!
Guess who's back!!!

foxmccloudfan

• Guess who's banned!!!
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2010, 12:01:58 AM »
anyways, call me stupid, but i havent heard of most of those people!
Guess who's back!!!

« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2010, 12:11:38 AM »
You've never heard of Heavy Weapons Guy? I can introduce you to him:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QM1eTAwOYc

foxmccloudfan

• Guess who's banned!!!
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2010, 12:14:18 AM »
He sorta scares me... if i saw him in a dark alley id go into cardiac arrest!
Guess who's back!!!

« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2010, 12:15:33 AM »
He's not as terrifying as the Spy however:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnuYi-nzE90

foxmccloudfan

• Guess who's banned!!!
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2010, 12:18:12 AM »
OH GOD!!!!!
scary!
Guess who's back!!!

« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2010, 03:55:12 AM »
For Team Fortress 2 characters, I liked meeting the Engineer. Other TF2 videos have been funnier, but this one was perfect all the way through. It's hilarious to see a character with a nonchalant attitude to this line of work. I would have linked to the Sniper video (flawless attention to detail and very funny) until I realized how bloody it was, and something tells me that might be too over the top for Fox.

I have trouble choosing my favorite character. If it's characters on a Nintendo system, then it's either gonna be Yoshi (great all-around), Bowser (time-tested villain), Ridley (there's just something about fighting dragons for final bosses), Falco (his attitude adds a lot of personality to the Star Fox games), or Krystal (moving the game to GameCube and turning her into a fox made all the difference).

If we're talking third-party characters, there's Pey'j from Beyond Good & Evil who was pretty much the perfect sidekick. Tails for... well, just for providing a cute alternative to the serious Sonic (for ten years I thought Tails was female). Banjo & Kazooie are high on my list for so confidently expanding the 3D action platformer (with more variety and goofiness at any rate) and always having that look of adventurous glee in promotional art. Of the two, while I prefer Kazooie for having more of a personality and a good-sounding female "voice", Banjo looks slightly better and I really dig his sharktooth necklace. You never hear anyone mention that necklace, but it seems to work for him. I should also mention Frog from Chrono Trigger since, you know, everyone would include him.

Okay, scratch all that, I know my favorite character: Flammie from Secret of Mana. Cutest dragon around and coolest means of transportation around.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2010, 03:58:21 AM by penguinwizard »
You didn't say wot wot.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2010, 07:39:57 AM »
As far as Nintendo characters go, it's Samus, without a doubt.  If we're talking about non-Nintendo characters: honorable mention goes to Dr. Cortex of the Crash Bandicoot series, Lawrence from Ratchet and Clank, and Frog from Chrono Trigger; but my favorite game character of all time has got to be Bentley of Sly Cooper fame.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

coolkid

• Totally Not Banned
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2010, 09:05:49 AM »
Dan Hibiki forever!
Kick! Punch! It's all in the mind!

« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2010, 10:24:14 AM »
It's hard for me to say, I have three favorites... Samus, Link, and Kirby. (duh)
I don't see why we can't have links or images in this.

Print