Video Games > Game Help

Super Mario All-Stars: SMB2 Roulette question

(1/2) > >>

jdaster64:
So I've been playing SMB2 recently for a future LP-ish Youtube series, and I remembered offhand that once quite awhile back, during the end-of-level roulette, I somehow got a bonus "3 coins service" after a losing roll.  I can't recall what I rolled other than that it was a non-winner, and I haven't ever seen this happen since.  Has anyone else ever seen this happen, and would you happen to know how it's caused?

Luigison:
You probably got two cherries.  If I remember correctly, one cherry is worth 1-up, two cherries is worth two 1-ups, and all three cherries is worth five 1-ups.  In real slot machines cherries also often give some kind of bonus such as an extra/free play or coins/tokens. 

jdaster64:
No, I've been playing it the last couple of days, and gotten every possible winning combination several times (barring triple 7's, because that third's impossible to hit, but I know from experience that doesn't make it happen), and I haven't seen it.  This happened way back when, when I wasn't able to win the slots 50+% of the time.

EDIT: Hmm, it worked when I got cherry-seven-seven, but it only worked once in this video: http://youtu.be/67NZdLZ4PlU
I swear it was a losing one the first time I got this, but I think it may have had the seven-seven ending as well.

A cool easter egg, nonetheless, I suppose.

nensondubois:
Same thing happened to me, but in the NES version. I'd like to know where that unused jingle listed in the SNESmusic set is actually used, if, at all.

jdaster64:
Do you have a link to that "unused jingle"?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version