TMK Stuff > Site Discussion

Will there ever be another mailbag?

<< < (5/5)

The Chef:
Is the Beanstar a deity or just a really powerful artifact? I don't remember it talking...

I'm in no position to claim whether Mario RPG is "canon" (I dunno why people keep using that word when Mario doesn't have an officially-recognized canon, as opposed to Zelda, Metroid, Castlevania or whatever else), but if my hunch about it being written away by Paper Mario is somehow true, then I would also take that to mean all the people and places established in it don't exist either. There is definite counter-evidence to this theory, since Shamans appear all over Paper Mario and a Geno doll appears in Superstar Saga.

Here is a list of powerful star-shaped deities and objects, for comparison's sake:
- Power Stars, which appear in both Mario 64 and Mario Galaxy. Non-sentient. Appear to protect Peach's Castle and power vehicles such as the Comet Observatory and Starship Mario.
- Grand Stars, which are presumably even more powerful versions of Power Stars as they're a necessary component of the Comet Observatory's core. They can apparently make you gigantic if swallowed.
- Shine Sprites, which gather at the Shine Gate and serve to prevent Isle Delfino from plunging into darkness. They apparently don't like pollution.
- Green Stars, which act the same as Power Stars in Mario Galaxy and act the same as Dragon Coins, Ace Coins and Star Coins in Mario 3D World. They don't seem to have any noticeable differences outside of being green.
- Star Pieces, which are the seven components of the shattered Star Road. Geno needs to find them in order to rebuild it, as without it wishes will not come true.
- The Star Rod, which sits in Star Haven and has the power to grant wishes. Bowser somehow stole it and used it to make himself all-powerful.
- Star Spirits, who watch over the Star Rod and have the power to neutralize it if it ever falls into the wrong hands, provided all seven of them gather together.
- Crystal Stars, seven magic rocks that are necessary to open the Thousand-Year Door.
- The Beanstar, which sleeps beneath the Beanbean Kingdom, requires a pure voice to be activated, and will grant any wish to whomever possesses it.
- The Cobalt Star, which is some sort of star-shaped stone that can power machines such as E. Gadd's inventions.
- Star Cures, three special artifacts that are necessary to fight off the evil Dark Star (if I'm remembering the plot of Bowser's Inside Story right).
- The Dark Star, an ancient evil being that Fawful tried to use to conquer the Mushroom Kingdom.
- The Sticker Star, a comet that....brings loads of stickers to the Mushroom Kingdom.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version