Print

Author Topic: Randumb Garfield  (Read 244535 times)

« Reply #945 on: February 24, 2010, 06:44:32 PM »

Two-player. (The joke is terrible.)

Rao

• Arr! Ay! Oh!
« Reply #946 on: February 24, 2010, 07:52:18 PM »
I think I just realized that Garfield has opposable thumbs.
What's your problem, Cambodian?

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #947 on: February 24, 2010, 11:36:51 PM »
In any case, I'm just glad to see a reasonably culturally-relevant series of Garfield comics.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #948 on: February 25, 2010, 01:32:58 AM »
Funny how the game apparently has a plot so 1985, yet graphics so 2010, according to the last two strips.
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

« Reply #949 on: February 25, 2010, 02:48:35 AM »
Maybe it's an old console, maybe he doesn't know what good graphics are (like Strong Bad). It's not like he can afford the newer consoles. I remember back in the day I thought Turok: Dinosaur Hunter and Star Fox 64 looked awesome. I look back and... okay, well, Star Fox 64 still looks good, but the character models look horrible. I thought Fox couldn't look better, then Smash Bros. Melee came along and blew that away. Then came Star Fox Adventures and blew that away again.

Jon's got the right bored-expression face though. There's not much that gets me to emote in a game unless there's a cutscene. As for "I want to be Sir Whines-a-Lot!", I can relate since I always choose Yoshi in various Mario games. He's usually average to quick, and I prefer the fast characters. I guess people should get used to playing as different characters, but whatever. Regarding Smash Bros. Melee/Brawl though, I've taken to Falco/Marth/Sheik instead because they're more nimble. Yoshi's just a little too blunt and somewhat heavy-footed (I don't know how to describe it, I just don't like how he feels).

I agree that it's odd but strangely comforting to see Garfield take on a more modern subject. I was stunned when The Simpsons mentioned "YouTube". Jon could be the perfect nerd if he continues trying out tech stuff. Can't wait to see him contemplate an iPod or a Wii Remote. Of course, five minutes in the remote will go flying into the TV.
You didn't say wot wot.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #950 on: February 25, 2010, 07:55:48 AM »
I always find it interesting when a show makes a passing reference to some real-word pop-cultural thing but, if it becomes an actual plot device later, changes things up--by which I mean like how, in the Simpsons, there was a Wii reference at one point (the actual word was used), but they later devoted an episode to the something-or-other "Zii". Discrepancies like that, of course, are what make things like that one South Park episode with the kids waiting for the Wii launch even funnier.

« Reply #951 on: February 25, 2010, 11:14:10 AM »

So it's a local multiplayer competitive-coop. That's one of my favorite genres!

« Reply #952 on: February 25, 2010, 11:20:00 AM »
I liked that one. Come on Jon, the choice is obvious. Just like whether to drop a nuclear bomb on Megaton. But I'm curious on why Jon was so happy to announce the two choices when he clearly didn't want one of two things to happen. I guess he thought Garfield had a bit of heart.

And it's true, money isn't everything. It's easy to bash some blocks and rake in the buckaroos, so money's not a priority. Except when you're saving up for the Dragon-Slayer sword.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2010, 11:25:38 AM by penguinwizard »
You didn't say wot wot.

« Reply #953 on: February 25, 2010, 05:33:57 PM »
Garfield minus Garfield should have a field day with these two last strips.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #954 on: February 25, 2010, 06:03:49 PM »
They're playing, like, Medieval Crackdown SMB Army of Two?

**** YES.
every

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #955 on: February 25, 2010, 07:17:24 PM »
I actually laughed out loud at that one.

« Reply #956 on: March 04, 2010, 08:37:48 PM »

« Reply #957 on: March 04, 2010, 10:56:51 PM »
That is awesome! Not so much for Jon, but..
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #958 on: March 04, 2010, 11:03:50 PM »
Garfield totally needs to do videogame comics more often. These are actually entertaining.
You didn't say wot wot.

« Reply #959 on: March 05, 2010, 01:44:46 PM »
So now Odie's portrayed not just as a dumb dog, but one with occasional bursts of intelligence and/or unexpected skills at certain things?

I mean, first the Sudoku puzzle, then this?
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

Print