Print

Author Topic: IGN: Mario Strikers Charged Preview  (Read 4368 times)

Super-Jesse

• Unstoppable News Machine
« on: May 15, 2007, 08:58:18 PM »

With the Mario Strikers Charged release date just a week or so away, IGN.com got some limited hands-on time with the system. If you don't wanna go over there and read, I poured a few minutes into it and got the goods right here. According to the preview, MSC will use friend codes that are specific to the game, not tied with your Wii friend code (big surprise). The good news is that 'Rivals' play is intact, meaning you can also play complete strangers around the globe (this is good, I had heard a rumor the game was going to be region specific). The Friend's roster allows you to see how your buddies rank, and also displays a picture of their Mii. Furthermore, it seems Next Level wants to turn this into the layman's Madden, with Daily Leaders and Season Leaders, plus My Daily Rankings and My Season Rankings. Honestly, it seems Mario Strikers Charged has great online potential, but it'll only go as far as the developers, and gamers, allow it.

The game is also set to include a total of 17 stadiums; 10 brand new ones, and the 7 originals from the first iteration. Unlike the first game, however, the squads can now be broken up by more than just one type. It is now possible to customize your remaining four-man line-up with different sub-characters. These selections will play a big part in how your team will match up offensively and defensively. There is also more variety amongst the captains, and the animations are more fluid and unique. The character art seems to have been bumped up, with stadiums said to look outstanding with their architecture and fully realized crowds.

Finally, onto the controls. MEGAߥTE mentioned in his preview how the Wii remote's functionality will come into play, and this article compliments that information. IGN.com states the controls will take some getting used to. However, it seems the sequels gives more depth to the controls, with more complicated moveset that allows for some stunning and dramatic finishes.

All in all, it seem that the game will be worth it's price, if you plan on taking advantage of the full package (single, multi, and online player modes). If you don't, some may just see this as Wii's version of an expansion pack. The full article is linked below. Based on these impressions, how do you feel about the game?

Link: IGN.com Preview's MSC
<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

Print