Print

Author Topic: Characters' Special Entrances Return in Brawl  (Read 7925 times)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« on: October 14, 2007, 01:28:40 AM »
Remember in Super Smash Bros. when Mario would emerge from a pipe to enter the battle? When Pikachu burst out of a Pokéball? When Ness had a Teleport α mishap? It took me a while to realize it, but it really sucked that such a great effect was not in Melee. Fear not! They're back in Brawl. That's not all--lots of things in Brawl are much like in the original Smash, notable the Brawl Results screen. There's other stuff to see in the video linked below, too, like Sonic in action and how Final Smashes are executed (it's not as easy as grabbing the ball!), and Sonic's Final Smash.. Also, the beam sword is blue.

Source. Sorry about the ad. It happens.

Beat ya, Super-Jesse. Except I can't post in Game Blog. :P
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2007, 02:06:00 AM »
So awesome. From the voice I think the guy explaining the demo is Nate Bihldorff, NOA's Localization Manager (also M&LSS text writer).

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2007, 12:52:34 PM »
Can't watch the vid right now, but those character entrances... I had my doubts, but my bro is gonna LOVE this. You'd think they would've said something about this on the Dojo by now, though...
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2007, 01:02:41 PM »
3 different taunts!

The way things keep slowly moving after TIME! is called is sweet.

I like how the finger on the token-moving character selection hand taps and rubs the token.

Smart Bombs (from Star Fox) look brutal. Like having a throwable Banzai Bill.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2007, 04:57:19 PM »
Man, I have GOT to watch this...
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2007, 05:48:22 PM »
I am one step closer to being able to die a happy gamer.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2007, 09:31:44 PM »
After seeing that video, I don't think Sonic is quite as much of as mismatch as I did before.
That was a joke.

Boo Dudley

• This is not a secret page hint
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2007, 09:18:16 AM »
I assumed special entrances where back from the 'Snake joins the battle' video.
Speaking of Snake, where is he in the character select screen? And Wario too, for that matter. The select screen doesn't look like it can accommodate as many characters this time around.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2007, 03:54:42 PM »
I am one step closer to being able to die a happy gamer.

I'm THIS close to mentioning Master Chief.
every

« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2007, 04:46:08 PM »
Dude, Master Chief will never, ever make it to Brawl. He's a microsoft character, for gosh sakes. Letting him in Brawl would only hurt Microsoft's sales.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2007, 05:29:20 PM »
And Nintendo only lets in characters that have been on Nintendo platforms.

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2007, 07:23:17 PM »
Master Chief = EVIL.

Character entrances = Pwn.
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2007, 08:38:50 PM »
I'm THIS close to mentioning Master Chief.
Why?  I hate Master Chief.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2007, 10:47:22 PM »
Quote:
All the above quotes doubting Chief's radness

Why all the hatin'? If you hate Chief, then that means you must strongly dislike Snake, too, since they're both pretty similar; and don't forget that Earth would never survive without him. Plus, Bungie broke up with Microsoft, and we all know what often happens when a developer splits with MS...

*cough*they make games for Nintendo*cough*

And besides, there's only like a 2% chance he'll make it in, anyway. A man can dream, can't he?
every

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2007, 11:10:08 PM »
Master chief and Snake are not alike. I have played both Halo games and all of the Metal Gear games like ten times through, so trust me. The master chief doesn't have a personality. He may be usable in a fighting game (wasn't there supposed to be a female spartan in a DoA game?), but that doesn't mean that SSBB should be all Halo'd up. Plus, Snake and Sonic have had Nintendo games. There have been no Halo games on Nintendo platforms.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2007, 09:25:35 AM »
1. BirdPerson's comment regarding Super-Jesse is pointless, as Jesse apparently left the Internet the day before said comment was posted.
2. John is not going to be in Brawl. Get over it and end the threadjack. This is supposed to be about the reintroduction of character entrances in Brawl and the associated video, not the (un)likelihood of characters being in the game.
3. I haven't had a chance to see the video (what with the ceiling collapsing and the lack of good Internet yesterday and everything), but from what I've heard from you guys, it sounds like this preview of Brawl is really awesome.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2007, 02:34:30 PM »
1. BirdPerson's comment regarding Super-Jesse is pointless, as Jesse apparently left the Internet the day before said comment was posted.
He (and no one else except Solid) knew that.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Sqrt2

« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2007, 02:46:19 AM »
I was disappointed when I found out that the character entrances didn't make the transition to melee. So, I'm delighted to hear that Sakurai has decided to re-instate them.
AA fanboy and proud!

« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2007, 11:43:38 PM »
Master Chief = EVIL.

Wha? No he isn't, he's the good guy!
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2007, 01:29:20 AM »
Not in Sakurai's world, I'm sure.
It's YOUR problem!

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2007, 06:19:25 AM »
He doesn't exist in Sakurai's world.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2007, 01:25:31 PM »
Dude, Master Chief will never, ever make it to Brawl. He's a microsoft character, for gosh sakes. Letting him in Brawl would only hurt Microsoft's sales.

And Nintendo only lets in characters that have been on Nintendo platforms.

Umm.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halo_DS#Nintendo_DS_version
Yeah.

This video is awesome. All the stuff I expected from Brawl and a whole lot more.
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2007, 02:14:15 PM »
Dude, this is super awesome!

Sonic's Final Smash attack is so awesome! I couldn't hear anything because of the awful horrid sound issue on this computer. The entrances are awesome. I love the winner screen. It's so cool to have both of the players on the same screen while saying who wins.

Sonic looked a bit on the weak side, though.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2007, 02:37:40 PM »
Sonic looked a bit on the weak side, though.
Perhaps, but look at his ludicrous recovery ability!
It's YOUR problem!

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2007, 08:27:37 PM »
I couldn't hear anything because of the awful horrid sound issue on this computer.
Find the Computer room!
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2007, 05:56:03 AM »
-
« Last Edit: December 28, 2019, 12:14:34 PM by Yoshikév »

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2007, 08:05:20 AM »
I forget Link's I know what it was in the first Smash Bros. but I forget his new entrance.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2007, 05:27:36 PM »
Link's is Ooccoo-style, I believe. I would have thought having him enter as a bunch of black rectangles from the sky a la Twilight Princess would have been better, though. The Mr. Saturn table is cool and all, but I liked the PSI Teleport α mishap better (not that I knew what it was when I first played SSB). At least Lucas is a bit original...
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2007, 11:25:11 AM »
-
« Last Edit: December 28, 2019, 12:12:35 PM by Yoshikév »

Print