Print

Author Topic: One Console to Rule Them All  (Read 6588 times)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2007, 05:11:37 PM »
Superb graphics doesn't make a console top-of-the-line. Little cunning ones that survive by other means? The Wii is not "little." It is perhaps the most popular gaming console of this generation. It's motion sensitivity isn't the only reason it is surviving. Please correct me if I am wrong about this Bird Person, thanks!
That's exactly what the simile is supposed to mean.
But if you compare the three current-gen consoles one next to the other, the Wii is, in fact, little. ;D
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2007, 06:52:15 PM »
Also, if you compare the three current-gen consoles one next to each other, you have to place the PS3 and Wii at opposite ends, and place a cat between the PS3 and the 360 so that the 360 doesn't get bombarded by lol radiation.

Superconsole = bad, for the same reasons that Max gave.

« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2007, 10:18:13 PM »
Wow, Bird Person.  So many people you've jumped on for the improper use of language, and you mistake your own example as a simile...for shame.  It's a metaphor.
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2007, 11:01:21 PM »
Eheheh... I should have checked back at what I had typed before...
You must admit I've chilled out on people though. Like the misused preposition in your post--I'm not even going to mention it.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2007, 11:02:58 PM by Bird Person »
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

silverstarman

• Chock full of misinformation
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2007, 09:19:44 PM »
Whatever. I just wish it was like the old days, when it was nintendo vs sega vs atari, so nintendo could stay on to p without having to try too hard.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2007, 12:56:25 PM »
Versus Atari? Atari was long past its heyday when NES came out.
Not having to try too hard = not having to make good games or have new ideas? Why do you want a stagnant game industry?
That was a joke.

silverstarman

• Chock full of misinformation
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2007, 01:38:26 PM »
Atari made a new console every once in a while, such as the Jaguar then. But what I mean by not trying to hard, I meant an easy win, since nintendo made better games than Sega and Atari, and were more popular overall.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2007, 02:38:16 PM »
Yeah, like I just said. Why do you want a stagnant game industry? I own systems from Nintendo, Sega, Atari, Sony, and NEC, and I own very good games for all of them. Without having to try to be good, games won't be any good at all.
That was a joke.

Print