Print

Author Topic: I laughed...  (Read 6558 times)

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« on: November 14, 2007, 10:05:07 PM »
...at this.
Edward has always dreamed of becoming a female monkey.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2007, 10:15:20 PM »
I think the A button on the Wii remote got sucked into a time portal and landed on the NES controller.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2007, 10:16:54 PM »
People used to jerk the NES controller upward like that? I must be too young to remember that practice.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2007, 10:18:42 PM »
He obviously is talking about the people who move the controller as they play games for emphasis, probably most commonly in racing or fighting games.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2007, 10:21:38 PM »
My dad used to do that in Mario games.  It was amusing, but I didn't laugh because I enjoyed our late nights playing video games together. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2007, 11:05:41 PM »
Ugh, I hated it when my sister tilted her controller whenever she wanted to turn in racing games. I kept telling her it wouldn't help, but she did it anyway.

And the NES controller has existed since back in 1985.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2007, 10:35:09 PM »
Yeah, we've all done that... that's what I loved about Excite Truck.

"Turn, turn, turn..." *tilts controller* "YES!!! I mean, whoah, it actually worked...?"
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2007, 01:05:20 AM »
Well, it's fine if it works that way, which it does not for any pre-Wii consoles.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2007, 07:01:22 AM »
What about the Power Glove?
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2007, 06:42:49 PM »
What about the Power Glove?

IMO, the Power Glove greatly stretches the definition of a "Motion-sensing controller", as it hardly ever sensed motion.

Also, it was not the official controller of the NES, as Nintendo did not make it nor did they endorse it, and as far as I know, it was not bundled with the NES. Ultimately it doesn't really count as the NES's controller: it was a third party accessory.
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2007, 10:11:05 PM »
Accessory is hardly a word for it.  Try a "metal piece of crap".
Let's burn some stuff and call it science.

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2007, 04:52:06 PM »
I should've known better then to ask such a stupid question. After all, I'm sure AVGN knows what he's talking about.
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2007, 06:50:23 PM »
Also, it was not the official controller of the NES, as Nintendo did not make it nor did they endorse it, and as far as I know, it was not bundled with the NES. Ultimately it doesn't really count as the NES's controller: it was a third party accessory.

The Wizard and Captain N would like a word with you.

Boo Dudley

• This is not a secret page hint
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2007, 08:59:56 PM »
If the Power Glove are any bit Nintendo, I'm sure there'd been references in the Pikmin, Wario Ware and/or Smash Bros. Franchises by now.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2007, 10:06:56 PM »
The Wizard and Captain N would like a word with you.
Both of these had several other third party references.

Print