Print

Author Topic: Action Replay Wii  (Read 5887 times)

« on: February 24, 2008, 05:34:21 PM »
I have heard (and seen) that Action Replay is coming to Wii

I'm really pis... i mean angry that Acion Replay will be on Wii.

Why? Because it will ruin Super Smash Bros. Brawl's online games and Mario Kart Wii's leaderboard (Mario Kart Channel)

Grrrrrr... Also because ARDS (action replay DS) broke... 3-4 times! (I don't remember exactly how much...)

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2008, 05:37:29 PM »
There are already other cheat devices out for Wii. Not like Nintendo can't force yet another firmware update on us to be able to play online or whatever.
That was a joke.

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2008, 05:41:17 PM »
Besides, Sakurai said there's no leaderboard or records for Brawl's 'With Anyone' Wi-Fi.

"There will also be no battle records kept for this mode, so whether you win or lose, it doesn’t matter. Just sit back and play."

No! I don't want that!

megamush

• Infinite member error
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2008, 05:46:33 PM »
I have heard (and seen) that Action Replay is coming to Wii

I'm really pis... i mean angry that Acion Replay will be on Wii.

Why? Because it will ruin Super Smash Bros. Brawl's online games and Mario Kart Wii's leaderboard (Mario Kart Channel)

Grrrrrr... Also because ARDS (action replay DS) broke... 3-4 times! (I don't remember exactly how much...)
just don't buy it!
What ever you do don't press Ctrl-W

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2008, 05:48:33 PM »
I know there aren't leaderbroads in Brawl. I meant Mario Kart Wii as the bottom one.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2008, 07:03:43 PM »
Who knows? Maybe it will let us moonjump in Galaxy
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Linkin800

• Choppy words and a sloppy flow
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2008, 01:48:42 PM »
When he was talking about Brawl he meant by people who use it to cheat online by making characters stronger or faster or something like that. I also hope their is a firmware update so you cant use them on online match's for Mario Kart Wii.

That's mostly why I don't play Mario Kart DS online anymore because practicly everyone on there uses Action Replays on it. I would like to point out to people who use cheating divices for online games cant play for **** and suck really badly at games.
Time is repeating itself. Why you say? Look at the Wii and NES and you'll know why.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2008, 02:15:57 PM »
When he was talking about Brawl he meant by people who use it to cheat online by making characters stronger or faster or something like that. I also hope their is a firmware update so you cant use them on online match's for Mario Kart Wii.

That's mostly why I don't play Mario Kart DS online anymore because practicly everyone on there uses Action Replays on it. I would like to point out to people who use cheating divices for online games cant play for **** and suck really badly at games.
Really?  I always thought those were snakers.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2008, 02:20:27 PM »
I have seen AR used online in YouTube videos (though that was to access beta tracks/battle tracks, and I have no doubt other cheaters would be more malignant). I've even been cheated via wireless multiplayer- I overlapped my friend on Rainbow Road, and had a flawless race (finishing about 1-2 minutes before he did), but according to his DS I lost by a long way. Why? He'd applied cheats to his copy of MKDS beforehand, namely the "always-first" code.

Also, I think cheating in Brawl would be the same as in previous games; no-damage codes, or perhaps even infinite Final Smashes this time around.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2008, 08:44:55 PM »
Except there's no point in cheating against random people other than to be an imp, and friends don't let friends cheat in games. I don't particularly like playing with people I don't know and can't meet, except for in Planet Puzzle League since no one here got it.
Really?  I always thought those were snakers.
Except snakers don't depend on items to win so you have it backwards.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2008, 10:20:19 PM »
I hate Action Replay. Never got one, but it ruins the fun when you do it. That's why I hate it, ok I think I already said that.
It's-a Me, Wii-Player

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2008, 11:20:16 PM »
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
I thought this was kind of funny.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #12 on: February 29, 2008, 12:11:32 AM »
I don't follow...

...Anyway, some good comes from Action Replay. Today, it occurred to me that, in Brawl, perhaps one could play as a boss character using it... and having unlimited Final Smashes is likely, in which case you literally could play as a Landmaster! So who would win in a fight? Heavily Armed Pokey, or a Landmaster? That would be rather fun, but I would never use Action Replay to play as a boss character against someone who is not, and I do not approve of using Action Replay or any cheating device to cheat. For fun or to make hilarious movies about Giga Bowser, I say go for it. But I know this evil woman who uses Action Replay DS in various games. "I'm just leveling up my Pokémon!!" she says as if that's some sort of justification. I do not play video games with her.
It's YOUR problem!

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #13 on: February 29, 2008, 01:20:43 AM »
I only use my AR DS for laughs on SM64 DS
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #14 on: February 29, 2008, 03:08:59 AM »
I don't follow...

...Anyway, some good comes from Action Replay. Today, it occurred to me that, in Brawl, perhaps one could play as a boss character using it... and having unlimited Final Smashes is likely, in which case you literally could play as a Landmaster! So who would win in a fight? Heavily Armed Pokey, or a Landmaster? That would be rather fun, but I would never use Action Replay to play as a boss character against someone who is not, and I do not approve of using Action Replay or any cheating device to cheat. For fun or to make hilarious movies about Giga Bowser, I say go for it. But I know this evil woman who uses Action Replay DS in various games. "I'm just leveling up my Pokémon!!" she says as if that's some sort of justification. I do not play video games with her.

The bosses and enemies are coded differently this time; they're coded seperately from playable characters, meaning Ridley's about as playable as a Goomba, even with AR. That means no Master Hand/Crazy Hand/Pokey/Rayquaza, too, though iirc looks like Giga Bowser and WarioMan might be fair game. (Or as fair as you can get with AR)

Now, if someone gets the Forbidden Seven playable, that would be even more interesting...
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

« Reply #15 on: February 29, 2008, 02:34:18 PM »
Any AR users will get what they deserve when they use a cheat that screws over their game (and potentaly their wii)

« Reply #16 on: February 29, 2008, 03:35:46 PM »
What all of you said was true (or at least what most said). Plus, if Brawl was coded like that, than how do they win? Is it because your leveled down to somewhere below 0? Oh well... Anyways, I'm preordering Brawl tonight!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #17 on: February 29, 2008, 07:40:44 PM »
Any AR users will get what they deserve when they use a cheat that screws over their game (and potentaly their wii)
Oh yes, the infamous Blow-Up-Console cheat.
It's YOUR problem!

megamush

• Infinite member error
« Reply #18 on: February 29, 2008, 10:30:04 PM »
Oh yes, the infamous Blow-Up-Console cheat.
a classic!
What ever you do don't press Ctrl-W

Print