Print

Author Topic: Brawl's Ups and Downs  (Read 99060 times)

matto

• from America's hatto
« Reply #405 on: May 22, 2008, 01:22:15 PM »
Anyone mind if I give my ups and downs?

+Character roster is more fleshed out.
+Snake's CODEC calls are just brimming with awesome. Mei Ling wants a Pikachu, Otacon practices the Captain Falcon memes too much, Snake tells it striaght how most Nintendo fans feel about Peach, and Snake has a disturbing motive for wanting to catch Zero Suit Samus.
+Tomoko Sasaki singing Ashley's Song (JP). Full of win.
+It's fun.
+Solid Snake, because nothing is more fun then beating up

-Wish it controlled better with the other controllers minus the Gamecube/Wavebird.
-Sonic is too [darn] cheap. *Awaits steaming hate from Sonic fans*
-Some Final Smashes are lame. I'm looking at you, Donkey Kong.

And off-topic... A friend of mine asked me why Snake hates Sonic, and the answer is quite obvious if you are knowledgeable of Japanese voice actors/actresses. Akio Ohtsuka, who does Snake's voice in the Japanese version, is the son of Chikao Ohtsuka, who does the Japanese voice of Dr. Eggman.

Oh, by the way, http://youtube.com/watch?v=kz4yPQ01laY. I thought it was funny. XD
Canada, eh? '87

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #406 on: May 22, 2008, 05:32:57 PM »
-After I unlocked all the characters and stages, I just didn't want to bother playing by myself.  If the online were less laggy, I'd think differently
Regards, Uncle Dolan

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #407 on: May 22, 2008, 05:38:16 PM »
The reason I play alone is so that when I'm playing other people, I don't get totally destroyed. No computer can amount to the unpredictability of a real person, though.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #408 on: May 22, 2008, 07:31:28 PM »
Like when you and I got demolished by Ganondorf and Olimar, Bird Person?
No! I don't want that!

« Reply #409 on: May 22, 2008, 10:34:10 PM »
You didn't say wot wot.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #410 on: May 23, 2008, 12:26:54 AM »
That. Is. Awesome.
Original scene.
Feels like I'm wearing nothin' at all!  nothin' at all... nothin at all... nothing at all!
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #411 on: May 23, 2008, 06:01:48 AM »
Is there an echo in here?
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #412 on: May 23, 2008, 07:08:53 PM »
Hip-gear has turbo!
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #413 on: May 26, 2008, 11:54:13 PM »
It annoys me that Sakurai apparently only cared about games on the NES or from the last 5 years. The SNES gets no love. I mean, the SNES is just as old now as the NES was when Melee came out, why doesn't Nintendo consider it retro yet?
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #414 on: May 27, 2008, 12:27:41 AM »
I don't think it matters what system the characters came from (except for the Ice Climbers, who were explicitly included to be arcade-style NES representatives). The fact is, most of Nintendo's franchises were established on the NES, or at least really early on... notice, in All-Star mode, the jump between Pokémon, from the later years of the Game Boy, to Pikmin, from just before Melee.

Of course, there are some complications--Ike isn't that old, but he's way back there because of the oldness of Fire Emblem and Marth. Ness and Lucas appear earlier than they would if not for MOTHER, even though Ninten is absent.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Print