No
3 (12%)
I didn't know what they were until now but will use them
4 (16%)
I didn't know what they were until now but will not use them
9 (36%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Print

Author Topic: CD Factories, do you use them?  (Read 11079 times)

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« on: March 17, 2008, 01:59:25 PM »
A CD Factory in Brawl is a created stage that can lure in sandbags into one area so you can beat them up all day and get CDs without having to wait around until they show up randomly.

Here's a video of it:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=JHlDWN1B198&feature=related

I use them, they work quite well even though I only have 2 people to beat up sandbags. But in a group of four you can get like 10 songs in each session.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2008, 03:30:41 PM »
I can't get the conveyer belt platforms yet.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2008, 03:50:49 PM »
I can't get the conveyer belt platforms yet.

Just make 5 quick stages. Then you'll get the conveyor belts. then you can erase them [It doesn't matter if you don't keep them (I think) just make them]

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2008, 04:12:37 PM »
Just make 5 quick stages. Then you'll get the conveyor belts. then you can erase them [It doesn't matter if you don't keep them (I think) just make them]
I did, and it didn't unlock. >_<
Regards, Uncle Dolan

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2008, 04:17:50 PM »
I did, and it didn't unlock. >_<

That certainly is perplexing since I got them that way.

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2008, 04:52:41 PM »
Ye gods, that's disgusting!

What is WITH people coming up with elaborate ways to avoid playing the game?
Grinding through hundreds of vs. matches in an hour to unlock characters... precision targeting of specific conditions... why, even even reading and planning these kinds of things from guides and sites and the like.

Whatever happened to just playing a game for the sake of enjoying it and letting these things unlock themselves?  Many of these kinds of conditions and unlockables aren't supposed to be met within a day of purchasing the game, nor a week, nor even a year!  What on EARTH is the justification for wanting to bore through the game's reward system as quickly and precisely as possible?

Ugh... I can't stand this kind of thing.
Go Moon!

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2008, 04:55:33 PM »
You may found it disgusting, but I thought it was hilarious.

I don't think I'll bother using this, though, as I'm getting CDs normally at an acceptable rate of one-three per day.

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2008, 05:15:13 PM »

Grinding through hundreds of vs. matches in an hour to unlock characters... precision targeting of specific conditions... why, even even reading and planning these kinds of things from guides and sites and the like.

Whatever happened to just playing a game for the sake of enjoying it and letting these things unlock themselves?  Many of these kinds of conditions and unlockables aren't supposed to be met within a day of purchasing the game, nor a week, nor even a year!  What on EARTH is the justification for wanting to bore through the game's reward system as quickly and precisely as possible?

But it's fun! and thanks to this, I finally got SUPER SONIC RACING. yeeaaah.

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2008, 06:24:27 PM »
I agree with Fifth and Suffix. The music, design, and syncronization of the Yoshis in that stage amused me, but grinding the game like that disgusts me.

Brawl is going to have to last me seven years, like Melee. I'd appreciate having stuff unlock past the two day mark.

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2008, 06:26:27 PM »
Sandbag cruelty! 0_0

Anyway, I'll use it until I get that darned Tetris B music I've coveted for so long.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2008, 06:56:22 PM »
"CD Factories"? Man, what'll people think of next...

I think I prefer to do it the "normal" way, if it's all the same.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2008, 07:39:07 PM »
Sandbag cruelty! 0_0

I'm pretty sure being the sandbags they are they enjoy getting beat up. It kinda looks to me like they enjoy getting flung across a field with a bat.

« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2008, 08:08:30 PM »
Man, everytime I read this thread title my brain quotes: "ENGLISH, MOTHER******! DO-YOU-SPEAK-IT?"

-Lizard Dude
« Last Edit: March 17, 2008, 08:10:04 PM by Lizard Dude »

« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2008, 09:30:02 PM »
Man, that's twice today I've heard that quoted. What movie is it from?

« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2008, 09:43:05 PM »
Rush Hour

-Lizard Dude

« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2008, 09:52:25 PM »
I don't see what's wrong with grinding unlockables if you hate having stuff locked away from you.  Some people might want to use all the options in the game right away.  Isn't just playing the game the real reward?
CURSE YOU... SOMEBODY!

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2008, 10:26:42 PM »
I made one, but I decided not to use it.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2008, 08:58:00 AM »
"ENGLISH, MOTHER******! DO-YOU-SPEAK-IT?"

*shivers* Yes!!!
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2008, 08:59:57 AM »
I said I wouldn't use mine, but I had two stages left to unlock, and they required me to use two characters, which I rarely use, 20 times.  I was with a friend.  I showed her the CD factory, and she found it amusing.  We decided to do CD factory with those two characters for as many matches necessary, and get some CD's and stickers in the process, until we unlocked both stages.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2008, 02:07:13 PM »
Yeah, I use CD factories. Pikachu and Ike seem to be the best to use in these benevolent stages.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2008, 02:31:04 PM »
I don't use them.

I mean, I did once, but my brother was the one that discovered the cheap way to get CDs and built a stage for it. I was sort of dragged into playing one incredibly time-consuming session. I like CDs, but I'm not that desperate.

Needless to say, I don't plan on doing it in the future, I'd rather earn them gradually.
I'm a horrible person.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2008, 06:07:43 PM »
I don't think I've ever gotten a CD from a Sandbag...

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2008, 06:55:03 PM »
I said I wouldn't use mine, but I had two stages left to unlock, and they required me to use two characters, which I rarely use, 20 times.

I guess one of those characters was Donkey Kong, am I right?

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2008, 07:50:21 PM »
I guess one of those characters was Donkey Kong, am I right?
DK and Kirby
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2008, 10:38:11 AM »
Man, everytime I read this thread title my brain quotes: "ENGLISH, MOTHER******! DO-YOU-SPEAK-IT?"

-Lizard Dude
I always thought the quote was "Do you speak-a any English? Do you understand the words that are comin' out of my mouuuuth?"
I must have forgotten that one.
You didn't say wot wot.

« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2008, 05:04:40 PM »
Did Gin Rummy really need to quote the whole speech verbatim just to prove that he was voiced by Samuel L. Jackson?
CURSE YOU... SOMEBODY!

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2008, 11:41:03 AM »

The justification is that you can enjoy the game how it's meant to be enjoyed: with all the unlockable features. 

The one thing I was dreading (yes, DREADING) about Brawl was that I would have to spend the first week unlocking characters/stages.  Thank God for Subspace Emissary and 1 HP stamina matches.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2008, 12:16:40 PM »
Speaking of HP matches, if you need to build up some matches, do a Curry HP match, and set someone's HP to 1. Lasts less than a second in most cases.

.. I've only done a couple of these to get the Mario songs that come from "play on X stage(s) X times"
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2008, 04:33:53 PM »
I have created a stage to get CD's and I don't have any regrets for getting them early, if anything I'm glad I did that cuz now I have all CD's and I'm happy with that
Gently push a piece of the tube containing the intersection along the fourth dimension, out of the original three dimensional space.
- WIkipedia page on the Klein bottle

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2008, 06:42:59 PM »
Geez, I'm gonna have to start using one of those things soon if I don't get some new songs. I mean, I haven't really habitually been looking for them (and I'm thinking I might be close to getting them all), but still...

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2008, 09:48:54 AM »
I still haven't tried it... been busy with Galaxy  :)

Wiiario

• Has seen Kirby naked
« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2008, 06:59:07 PM »
...I... used a CD factory. I'm not proud of it, but I want music!
I finally got the New SMB track with it, and I... can't stop beating up Sandbag. I-I-I m--ean, uh, I can s-t-top. I j-ust do-n't want t-t-o.
I really don't care much for logic.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2008, 10:20:36 PM »
Time for an intervention, folks.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2008, 05:18:22 AM »
Now that I'm playing Brawl again, I may have to try this.

Sqrt2

« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2008, 03:23:39 AM »

-Lizard Dude

Isn't this a quote from Pulp Fiction?

Anyway, once I get Brawl, I'm gonna use CD Factories (for stickers as well as CD's).
AA fanboy and proud!

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #35 on: May 01, 2008, 05:39:33 AM »
I built one and got the Route 209 music from Pokemon D/P!  All the Pokemon music in Brawl is awesome.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #36 on: May 01, 2008, 06:52:54 AM »

« Reply #37 on: May 01, 2008, 07:07:46 PM »
[\quote]I use them, they work quite well even though I only have 2 people to beat up sandbags. But in a group of four you can get like 10 songs in each session.
[/quote]

You can only get eight CDs per session and I used them.
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

Print