Print

Author Topic: Super Smash Bros. Brawl Stage Ideas  (Read 12510 times)

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2008, 02:10:38 AM »
It's good to hear some stages are at least conceptually being based off of real game locations.

I really want to make some stages reminiscent of SM64 levels.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2008, 07:44:44 AM »
When I eventually go over to my friend Dalton's house and play Brawl, I'm making some Bubble Bobble stages.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2008, 07:13:26 PM »
I made a stage based off N64's Saffron City stage. (I was really hoping that one would return)
Regards, Uncle Dolan

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2008, 07:30:03 PM »
every Brawl stage changes in some way
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

megamush

• Infinite member error
« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2008, 07:41:49 PM »
What ever you do don't press Ctrl-W

« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2008, 07:53:08 PM »
Did Sakurai make the creator specifically for n00bs who think of nothing but creating stages that kill you instantly, or what?

He also made it for n00bs *raises hand* that want stages that make it almost impossible to kill your opponents.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2008, 08:09:19 PM »
The background changes!

Yes. and that counts as "in some way"  you pwned MaxVance.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2008, 08:24:15 PM »
It's also smaller.

« Reply #38 on: March 15, 2008, 08:32:38 PM »
The background changed in all previous Final Destinations, too, just in different ways. But the stage itself is exactly the same, discounting a small size difference as The Chef pointed out.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #39 on: March 16, 2008, 04:42:44 PM »
I made a ice stage with ruins and a desert stage adorned likewise, named "Frozen Hyrule" and "Guffahaw Ruins", respectively. And I'd just like to say I'm proud of 'em.

Additionally, my brother made a stage composed entirely of the up-down moving platforms. Makes you dizzy if you look at it long enough...
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #40 on: March 17, 2008, 03:29:45 PM »
I made the shape of a rocket, and just called it Fossil Rocket
Regards, Uncle Dolan

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #41 on: March 17, 2008, 04:10:58 PM »
I made the shape of a rocket, and just called it Fossil Rocket

I did the same thing! Expect it's two smaller rockets and their connected with fall-through platforms. I also made a Tetris like stage, where everyone fights in the area where all those blocks go into, and there are some ice block formations shaped like Tetris Blocks. I also made one that looks like the arms, head (and a bit of the body) of ROB (my own ROB stage since he has none) I also made a replica of Hyrule Castle and Saffron city from the 64. I believe they're quite accurate. Except no Pokemon coming out and trying to kill you and no tornadoes.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #42 on: March 17, 2008, 11:43:42 PM »
Since SSBB allows trading of custom stages online it is probably not needed, but if anyone has captured the stage builder pieces I could easily make an online version based on the MvsDK2 level editor:

MUSHROOM MAYHEM: http://luigison.kontek.net/MvDK2images/drag.htm
TROPICAL ISLAND: http://luigison.kontek.net/MvDK2images/drag2.htm

“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

megamush

• Infinite member error
« Reply #43 on: March 18, 2008, 07:59:52 PM »
If anyone cares you can download stages for Brawl at Super Smash Bros. World
What ever you do don't press Ctrl-W

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #44 on: March 19, 2008, 12:50:18 AM »
Or, you know, pretty much anywhere else on the Internet.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Print