Print

Author Topic: Best Brawl Music  (Read 7197 times)

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2008, 06:03:34 PM »
Luigi's Mansion
Mario Circuit
Yoshi's Island
Gerudo Valley (I'm so glad they didn't remix this classic)
Molgera Battle
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2008, 06:11:16 PM »
My least favorite song is Ashley's theme(JP), but I kinda liked the english version.

Some other themes I like are Sonic Boom, Luigi's Circuit, Waluigi Pinball, King K. Rool battle, Donkey Kong Country map, and Battle in the Base.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2008, 06:20:28 PM »
I haven't played the game much, but I'm really pleased that they put Bramble Blast in there. Even if it doesn't actually use the real name of the song, Stickerbrush Symphony.
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2008, 03:04:41 AM »
Smashing Song of Praise

Road to Viridian City

-Lizard Dude

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2008, 07:07:45 AM »
megamush, I did know where the link to the whole soundtrack was, but... uh... the link escapes me at the moment.
Will this help?  http://www.dra-mata.com/misc/brawl/
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2008, 10:02:07 PM »
My least favorite song is Ashley's theme(JP)...

Maybe it's just because I remember it well from WarioWare Touched!, but I rather like Ashley's Theme (JP). Far more than the English version, in fact. Perhaps I've just been desensitized to squeaky Japanese vocals somehow.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2008, 11:39:11 PM »
Maybe you realize that the Japanese version is actually good while the English version has the worst and most misplaced singing style possible. And the Japanese one in Brawl isn't squeaky.
That was a joke.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2008, 12:27:23 AM »
Not squeaky, exactly, but it has a unique-- "youthful" sound to it. But you're right, the English version's style of singing was horribly misplaced.

EDIT: Now that I think about it a bit more, they should have done the English version the way it was in WarioWare games, with the slightly creepy girl's voice.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2008, 01:21:05 AM by Suffix »

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2008, 05:11:35 AM »
EDIT: Now that I think about it a bit more, they should have done the English version the way it was in WarioWare games, with the slightly creepy girl's voice.
I agree with this. As for language differences, I thought the English version made Ashley sound too old and the Japanese version too young.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

kirbyman

• Tourette's
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2008, 05:23:22 AM »
Waluigi Pinball, Shotgun Kiss, and Butter Building.

Squeak Battle sounds like Mozart gone insane in the 80's in the first part.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2008, 06:56:31 AM »
I like the synth in Squeak Battle that sounds like a talk box. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Print