Print

Author Topic: Wario Land Shake?!  (Read 27096 times)

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #45 on: June 19, 2008, 01:04:45 PM »
P.S. Digital cel doesn't mean the images didn't come from drawings at some point.
That was a joke.

Linkin800

• Choppy words and a sloppy flow
« Reply #46 on: June 24, 2008, 11:06:25 AM »
Eruope releash date has been made. Wario Land: The Shake Dimension (Nintendo) - September 26

Whats taking so long for a U.S date?!
Time is repeating itself. Why you say? Look at the Wii and NES and you'll know why.

« Reply #47 on: June 24, 2008, 04:25:34 PM »
Within an Ancient Globe (an old, giant globe exhibited at a museum), there is another world called Yuretopia (translator: “yure” = tremor/shaking). Yuretopia’s peace is shattered by the marauding pirate Shay King. Queen Melfull and her Melfull subjects are imprisoned. Not only that, Shay King claims the legendary treasure “Deldel Purse,” which spits out coins whenever it is shaken. Captain Maple Syrup, the female pirate, observes Yuretopia’s crisis from the outside world. Setting her eyes on the legendary treasure but with no desire of doing the dirty work herself, she steals the Ancient Globe and sends it to Wario. True to form, Wario prepares to raid the beleaguered kingdom when Queen Melfull escapes to the outside world in hopes of finding help. Beseeched by the Queen to become a hero to the kingdom, Wario sets off to Yuretopia where the promise of vast treasures beckons…

Wario Land Shake (or Wario Land: The Shake Dimension) is an upcoming game for the Wii video game console. As of now, hardly anything is known about the game, except that it is a Platformer game, like the previous Wario Land games. The game also features the return of Captain Syrup, although her role is currently unknown. It is also known that the game will have twenty levels and animations drawn by hand and that the Wii Remote will be used to make special movements (such as shaking enemies to get coins, find secret places, and more). It is the first game in the Wario Land series to be released since Wario Land 4 in 2001.

Noy Duh

« Reply #48 on: June 24, 2008, 05:18:54 PM »
Captain Syrup is back!

Everybody! Do the "Revival of an awesome character that dissapered" dance!

Wooooooooooooooooo!

'Stops dancing'

Now about Wart...

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #49 on: June 24, 2008, 09:37:57 PM »
I will never understand for the life of me why they refuse to put that guy in any games. Besides a questionable cameo in Link's Awakening, he never shows up. I forget... was he even a trophy in Melee? A trophy and/or sticker in Brawl? He's 100% owned by Nintendo, for goodness sake.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #50 on: June 24, 2008, 09:38:24 PM »
Swing your arms up from side to side!  Come on, it's time to go, do the Captain Syrup!
CURSE YOU... SOMEBODY!

Linkin800

« Reply #51 on: June 25, 2008, 12:06:19 PM »
PUT YOUR ARMS TO SIDE TO SIDE! Oh wait thats a diffrent dance... YAR HAR SHIMIRIDY YOU ARE A PIRATE!
Time is repeating itself. Why you say? Look at the Wii and NES and you'll know why.

« Reply #52 on: June 25, 2008, 12:29:26 PM »
I will never understand for the life of me why they refuse to put that guy in any games. Besides a questionable cameo in Link's Awakening, he never shows up. I forget... was he even a trophy in Melee? A trophy and/or sticker in Brawl? He's 100% owned by Nintendo, for goodness sake.

Well, I don't think Miyamoto likes him that much, so forget about him showing up in a major mario platformer. However, I don't see why Camelot  has looked over him - they've put all kinds of crazy characters in their games, so why not Wart?
What is a mystery? Just go inside my head, and you'll find out.

« Reply #53 on: June 25, 2008, 03:10:33 PM »
I don't think Wart really had an impact on the Mario universe (as far as storyline is concerned) since living in the dreamscape of Subcon. However, Captian Syurp has been a pain on Wario's side for two Wario Land games which make it more than likely that she had a chance to get him again.

Wart is awsome though! :)
Werid Fortune Cookies- Hard work pays off in the future. Laziness pays off now.

Linkin800

« Reply #54 on: June 25, 2008, 08:14:20 PM »
New screens of the game!

And the American logo I put on the first post.

Looks like they wanted it to looks like a cartoon. Looks nice.

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #55 on: June 25, 2008, 08:56:53 PM »
That first screen makes me finally understand the whole title of the game.

Wiiario

• Has seen Kirby naked
« Reply #56 on: June 26, 2008, 09:23:16 AM »
"Wario Land: Taking waggle to a whole new level."
I believe that was one of the first name ideas for the game.

Anyway, I'm somewhat interested in this game.
I really don't care much for logic.

« Reply #57 on: June 26, 2008, 05:23:41 PM »
The game looks promising, the only thing I'm a little worried about is that it isn't developed by Nintendo. A major plus for having Captain Syrup in it though!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #58 on: June 26, 2008, 11:13:16 PM »
the only thing I'm a little worried about is that it isn't developed by Nintendo.
Is anything these days? Well, anything that doesn't involve expensive, Apple-white peripherals and/or Miis.

That, and they're cheating us out of widescreen again with those sidebars (whether they function as a quasi HUD or not! Then again, I've heard 2-D games don't work too well in widescreen with decent clarity). Guess it sucks to be a plasma screen owner now!

And now that all that griping is over with, a compliment: Those are some kick-A graphics.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #59 on: June 27, 2008, 02:55:58 PM »
The game looks pretty cool. Nice job on getting these screenshots Linkin!
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

Print