Print

Author Topic: Cheap Nintendo Hate  (Read 6960 times)

« on: June 22, 2008, 07:25:58 PM »
Have you seen any cheap Nintendo hate in the real world? Not just by random fanboys? If so, tell about it, like for instance:

While going to my local Blockbuster, I checked to see how much videogames were rented, and saw something cheap(Both ways):

PS3 & Xbox 360: $8
PS2 & Xbox & Wii: $7
PS1 & Gamecube: $5

...Now the Gamecube is arguable, but sticking the Wii with the last gen systems? Bull. What have you seen?

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2008, 08:04:54 PM »
Most new game prices:
PS3 & Xbox 360: $60
PS2 & Xbox & Wii: $50

That might help explain it.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2008, 08:09:33 PM »
Most new game prices:
PS3 & Xbox 360: $60
PS2 & Xbox & Wii: $50

That might help explain it.
I'm actually fine with new Wii games being cheaper.  50 dollars is expensive as it is
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2008, 09:50:53 PM »
If I see one more thread like this I will dedicate my life to shutting down the entire internet, and killing puppies.
every

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2008, 10:27:20 PM »
*Walks by and waves*
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2008, 10:52:10 PM »
If I see one more thread like this I will dedicate my life to shutting down the entire internet, and killing puppies.
Oh come on, there's more annoying threads out there that you can choose from. Personally I'd hate to see another topic on who stole from the other first: Zelda Twilight Princess or Okami.

The only Nintendo prejudice I can recall is my local video stores having one shelf for GameCube titles while there's like four or five shelves for PS2 and X-Box apiece. And yes, it had been out for some time, so it certainly had more than one shelf of items available. It's possible that they were only stocking videogames they thought would sell, so GameCube got the shaft, but yeah... that's the closest videogame rental place to me, and I have only one shelf to choose from out of ten or so.
You didn't say wot wot.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2008, 11:00:43 PM »
Personally I'd hate to see another topic on who stole from the other first: Zelda Twilight Princess or Okami.

Haven't noticed many of those...

I'm just sick of neverending stream of topics complaining about the various injustices and complaints against Nintendo. Gaming site calls Wii crappy? It's just an opinion, don't dedicate a topic to it. Wii games coupled with cheaper last-gen games? They're CHEAPER, why the crap should you complain?

Seriously, this needs to stop, or at least slow down exponentially. It makes Nintendo fans look like thin-skinned whiny crybaby fanboy wusses.
every

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2008, 11:17:47 PM »
I agree with Glorb. I personally don't care what Blockbuster or major corporations think about the quality of Nintendo games, I'm just glad to be saving some money. If you take something like that offensively, then you must be as touchy as a banana (they bruise easily). 
Edward has always dreamed of becoming a female monkey.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2008, 12:06:41 AM »
Okay guys, where I work, people buy and sell PS2 games most, some Xbox games, and the least GameCube games. Not sure why that is, but I take that to mean it's the same everywhere... GameCube games don't circulate as much as games for other systems.

Anyway, why the heck is Nintendoobsessed complaining about paying less to rent (or buy) games? What the heck does a lower rental price say about the game besides the fact that it's proportionate to the actual price of the game?
That was a joke.

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2008, 11:22:22 AM »
Anyway, why the heck is Nintendoobsessed complaining about paying less to rent (or buy) games? What the heck does a lower rental price say about the game besides the fact that it's proportionate to the actual price of the game?
A lower price is supposed to say "this game is such a piece of junk, we don't expect to make much off of it anyway, so here, have it at a reduced price. We can't give it away for free because our manager won't allow it." But yeah, I wouldn't complain if I saw some hot game for a low price. They didn't see the worth in it, I did, their loss, they could have made more off of it but they didn't.
You didn't say wot wot.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2008, 12:39:54 PM »
I don't think I've ever judged a game on cost. I mean, with all the videogame websites/magazines I've visited/gotten over the years, I know plenty about all the games I'm interested in well in advance. But, of course, for the uninformed, price is everything.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2008, 01:25:32 PM »
A lower price is supposed to say "this game is such a piece of junk, we don't expect to make much off of it anyway, so here, have it at a reduced price. We can't give it away for free because our manager won't allow it."

Really? So, say, RE4 as a PS2 Greatest Hits title means it sucks? DMC3: Special Edition is cheaper than normal DMC3; does that mean it sucks in a special way?
every

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2008, 01:51:34 PM »
SPAC3 INVADERS EXTR3ME is only $20, and it's more awesome than a lot of the full-price games for either of the systems it's on. Price has nothing to do with quality of game - if it did, we'd see all the shovelware titles for $5 and have to pay console prices for the really good handheld games (this would only apply to new games, though, since you already have to pay the cost of a 360 game for a used copy of Electroplankton).

missingno

• ▄█ 'M ▓▒
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2008, 02:48:13 PM »
I'm not going to argue with Nintendo being cheap. It's my favorite company, so the fact that it's cheaper is a treat.
Ditto used Machop!

goodie

• Nike and Reebok
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2008, 05:04:29 PM »
Have you seen any cheap Nintendo hate in the real world? Not just by random fanboys? If so, tell about it, like for instance:

While going to my local Blockbuster, I checked to see how much videogames were rented, and saw something cheap(Both ways):

PS3 & Xbox 360: $8
PS2 & Xbox & Wii: $7
PS1 & Gamecube: $5

...Now the Gamecube is arguable, but sticking the Wii with the last gen systems? Bull. What have you seen?
Technically speaking, the Wii isn't much more advanced than the Xbox, so it makes sense to group them together.
576f726c6420392069732061207365637265742e

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2008, 05:20:51 PM »
Just shut up and play.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2008, 06:17:31 PM »
And Wii games cost $10 less than 360 games.
Gently push a piece of the tube containing the intersection along the fourth dimension, out of the original three dimensional space.
- WIkipedia page on the Klein bottle

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2008, 09:07:05 PM »
We already covered this.
That was a joke.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2008, 11:03:33 PM »
Hey guise, Wii games are cheap....aww, darn.
every

matto

• from America's hatto
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2008, 02:37:17 PM »
DMC3: Special Edition is cheaper than normal DMC3; does that mean it sucks in a special way?

No, Capcom wanted more of our money.

Personally I'd hate to see another topic on who stole from the other first: Zelda Twilight Princess or Okami.

Okami's producer is a fan of the Zelda series. That's basically where the arguement stems from, stupidly enough.
Canada, eh? '87

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2008, 03:41:43 PM »
No, Capcom wanted more of our money.

And they got more of it by asking for less of it? Is that, like, reverse psychology?
every

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2008, 03:48:21 PM »
They already sold it to everyone who would buy it for the higher price, now they're trying to sway the people who weren't as interested in it (and following supply and demand).
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2008, 10:18:42 PM »
So, they want less of other people's money, not more of the same people's money.
That was a joke.

« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2008, 10:21:53 PM »
Okami's producer is a fan of the Zelda series. That's basically where the arguement stems from, stupidly enough.
Uh, no. The argument stems from the fact that in both games you be a wolf clearing the world of darkness and they're both in the Zelda-genre. But the games came out close enough together that I don't think it would have been possible for either one to steal the other's idea. In fact, if one had known about the other's first, they might have changed theirs to not been seen as copiers.

Print