Print

Author Topic: Are any of you... pokemon masters?  (Read 19283 times)

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2008, 11:41:01 PM »
All of my team members except for Torterra were below level 50 when I battled the Diamond E4; one of them, the HM slave I forgot to switch out, was below level 20. I didn't lose to any E4 members or the Champion. I agree that they're probably the hardest E4 to date, but they're still too easy.

« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2008, 04:16:35 AM »
Trading with yourself is an experience everybody needs to have. Making the music in both games just barely line up wrong so it sounds like you're in the Poké Space Center, mashing A on two handhelds at once... it's really magical. I don't think I've ever had a real trade, though. You know, like "Give me that one there, and you can have this egg." With other people it's always been "Okay, I need one of those in my Pokédex, and I need this to evolve... okay. Time to trade back."
I never got a chance to actually trade Pokemon when I had the original game, but when I played Red and Blue in an emulator, I would duplicate the save file so I could trade with myself to evolve certain Pokemon and nab exclusive/missable Pokemon.

And then I use cheats/glitches to perfect the Pokemons' genes and get any other unlockables you're not supposed to get on your own, because darned if I'm going to link up with more stuff and feed Nintendo's money machine just so I can have ONE HUNDRED PERCENT COMPLETION!
CURSE YOU... SOMEBODY!

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2008, 07:55:24 PM »
Mr. Wiggles / WarpRattler: While the DP Elite Four may have been the most difficult at the first attempt, I find that overall, they aren't nearly as difficult as the LeafGreen/FireRed Elite Four after the first time you beat them. The second round in LeafGreen/FireRed is excruciating-- if you don't have high enough level Pokémon. Once you do, however, not only will it be a piece of cake-- it'll be perfect for level grinding. I strongkly dislike the Level 60- Elite Four Pokémon in Diamond/Pearl. They just don't give me experience points fast enough for my higher levels.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2008, 08:25:29 PM »
I never had a chance to go through the Diamond E4 a second time (my card got snapped in half by a guy that found it on the floor of the bus), but I went through the LeafGreen E4 many times, and never had a problem with them either.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2008, 10:22:03 PM »
I'm pretty sure the Pokémon Diamond Elite Four don't change on the second time you blast through them.

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2008, 10:45:55 PM »
Warprattler, did you punch the guy who broke the game, in the face?
= = = = = = =
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2008, 11:12:27 AM »
Needless comma, insertion?
That was a joke.

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2008, 05:43:46 PM »
It sounded, a bit awkward when reading it back, and so I threw that comma in, because I make up my own rules for english.

...... ,
= = = = = = =
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2008, 05:54:40 PM »
That's what makes a Subaru, a Subaru.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #39 on: July 10, 2008, 08:37:05 AM »
I honestly believe Diamond/Pearl had the hardest E4 of all the games. There's a big gap between the trainers and wild Pokemon in Victory Road compared to the Elite 4 and the Champion. Stupid Garchamp and Spiritomb.

Really?  I rather thought they were the easiest... FireRed had the hardest E4 for me...
but I agree about the stupid Garchomp; he killed my poor Staraptor Nestle in one hit with Giga Impact... it's a good thing I had Palkia with me at the time, or that would've cost me the match.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #40 on: July 19, 2008, 05:04:19 PM »
Way back in the days of pokemon I got Pokemon yellow pikachu edition for christmas.  I beat the entire game and I had a level 70 something pikachu and I put the game away for about five years.  When I came back to it to play it a little more again my entire game was for apparantly no reason completely formatted.  I was furious.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2008, 05:08:49 PM by MushroomJunkie »
Probably likes Sonic games better than anyone else on the fungi forums.

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #41 on: July 19, 2008, 06:35:39 PM »
Chances are the save battery died, MJ. Speaking of which, when I get the chance I'm gonna see if my friend's Gold suffered the same fate.

Meanwhile, I managed to breed up a Houndour in Emerald with the nature I wanted (Docile), the ability I wanted (Early Bird), and pretty well-rounded IVs with the highest being HP.
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #42 on: July 19, 2008, 07:15:03 PM »
Interestingly, my copy of Pokémon Red still has its original save. Have I just been really lucky or something?
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #43 on: July 19, 2008, 09:16:37 PM »
Well I tried re beating it and its been saving and not formatting itself so I'm not sure if anything broke or ran out.  I am just completely unsure of what happened.  Right now my highest level pokemon in the game is a level 68 nidoking.  Oh yeah I have pokemon red for the gameboy too, I found that one rather boring and never got very far.
Probably likes Sonic games better than anyone else on the fungi forums.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #44 on: July 19, 2008, 10:25:01 PM »
Pokemon carts seem notoriously bad at retaining saved data.
That was a joke.

Print