Print

Author Topic: Bleedthrough  (Read 48297 times)

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #60 on: December 01, 2008, 09:40:22 PM »
Bleedthrough's been happening to me a lot lately as a result of Sonic Unleashed. Every time I look at a road or around a corner, I keep envisioning Sonic boosting or drifting around.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #61 on: December 02, 2008, 08:20:34 AM »
I'm worried that playing that game will result in bleedthrough wherein I attempt to pick things up from an extreme distance whenever it's night.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #62 on: December 23, 2009, 12:28:50 AM »
I just walked outside and had my mind shattered by seeing

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #63 on: December 23, 2009, 02:13:24 AM »
This isn't something that I can't control that OMG I DO ALL THE TIME, but sometimes I'll be some places or in open areas and imagine ? blocks floating everywhere and coins scattered everywhere, for instance. I always imagine (when I'm walking a far distance) how fast I'd be going and what path I'd take if I got the Rainbow Star from Galaxy and was running at like... what 15-20MPH. I imagine mowing people over and cars flying up and shaking like they do if you hit them in Double Dash/MKWii/DS with a star with the familiar sound of impact (since Double Dash) sounding like a PPK with a suppressor on Goldeneye [007] ..and I always think what if I could seriously jump as high as Mario or Luigi... or had Smash Bros. physics and all I had to do was wiggle my arms in circles and be able to jump off anything. Do you know how useful that would be?! And to be able to punch and do Over+A and have my fist become as large as a beach ball [like Mario]! I'd hit everything! I've always wondered what being in a pipe would feel like (Mario-wise, obviously) and also how cool it'd be to have them in real life. Is it a vacuum like the banks use for their drive-thru? Being invisible would be really awesome too!

That was my old reply. Edits are in italics so it's a little more coherent.

I still basically think the same thing. Smash Bros. physics would still be awesome because I'd go jump off everything and just wiggle my arms in circles to slow down. Jumping as high as Mario (or Luigi, actually) would be extremely useful. A double jump and an Up+B Super Jump Punch would be even more awesome. I still imagine myself plowing through people and vehicles with a Starman. I'm actually making an animation about that.

One thing I forgot to mention in that old post is that after playing Road Rash 64 so much, I'd always play the lyric-less songs in my head from the game when I'd ride with my dad on his motorcycle way back then.
Formerly quite reasonable.

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #64 on: December 23, 2009, 11:08:30 AM »
The 6th floor of the University Hall building is painted stark white with the occasional bright red pipe or door.

EDIT: Whoops, looks like I forgot that I already documented this on the page before this one.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2009, 01:09:15 PM by TEM »

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #65 on: December 23, 2009, 01:03:30 PM »
every

« Reply #66 on: December 23, 2009, 02:41:30 PM »
I lol'd at LD's post. What an awesome thread.

« Reply #67 on: December 23, 2009, 03:19:14 PM »
post and image

I don't see how that would be mind shattering, unless it's because the gas can has no snow on it..? Does this have something to do with a game possibly..?
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #68 on: December 23, 2009, 03:21:55 PM »
Well, considering the topic, I'm going to go out on a limb and say it is videogame related. (Mirror's Edge?)

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #69 on: December 23, 2009, 04:02:10 PM »
You shoot it and its kills zombies.
every

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #70 on: December 23, 2009, 09:44:02 PM »
You pour it into an engine for an unknown purpose (except for the Mall one).

« Reply #71 on: December 23, 2009, 09:49:22 PM »
I know the purpose: to win.

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #72 on: December 24, 2009, 04:39:52 AM »

Wuh-oh
No! I don't want that!

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #73 on: December 24, 2009, 06:08:55 AM »
I've been experiencing it with going from NSMB Wii to NSMB DS.

When I start playing NSMB DS and I make a jump I realize halfway through that I might not make, I'll shake the DS thinking that I'll do that mid-air spin-jump stall.
Formerly quite reasonable.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #74 on: December 24, 2009, 11:43:14 AM »
Post-Braid, I kept compulsively pressing the Square button when I was headed for disaster in LBP. I guess that's more what I've called "Residual Gaming Impulse" than bleedthrough, though.

Print