Print

Author Topic: Animal Crossing City Folk Discussion  (Read 14917 times)

Linkin800

• Choppy words and a sloppy flow
« on: August 02, 2008, 11:36:25 PM »
Well I've been waiting for someone take make a thread about this but never saw one happen. So I decided to make one.

Well anyways this is where you talk about the new Animal Crossing game coming out for Wii called Animal Crossing City Folk. Fell free to post videos, pictures, etc about the game.

Oh and as a added bonus I found out that Mario and Luigi (A.K.A Charles Martinet) guessed stared in the E3 Gameplay Demo (from a diffrent demo booth of course to show off WiiSpeak) while people played the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94_e2S6osjk&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UORYcA7zhGo&feature=related

Oh also if someone already did make this and I didn't notice it please don't flame me for not looking, just simply close this thread.
Time is repeating itself. Why you say? Look at the Wii and NES and you'll know why.

« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2008, 09:03:18 AM »
Ha, Mario and Luigi converation. This game looks great so far
Noy Duh

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2008, 05:30:59 PM »
AWW man! I dont have the wii yet. This game look awesome I wish I could have the chance to play it though.
:(
SSBB theme lyrics: I'll be the Marth, Luigi noob, This is Yoshi's B, This monkey wants to hug him. I'll heat the duck, Uigi noob, pooped through the dress this monkey wears to work.

Linkin800

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2008, 07:47:12 PM »
I like how the game is going to so far but it seems like all they did was took Animal Crossing Wild World and added to it by making some motion control (which could actually be the touch screen control with some tweaks to it) and better lighting effects. So basically it's just a Wild World expansion pack disguised as a new game for Wii.

I don't hate the game or anything infact Ill probably buy it, I'm just saying that it looks to much like Wild World.
Time is repeating itself. Why you say? Look at the Wii and NES and you'll know why.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2008, 08:14:19 PM »
[10:57] <+BoostPower> The new Animal Crossing game should have a FIGHT CLUB in the basement of the museum
[10:58] <+BoostPower> You fight other players/townspeople with whatever (shovel, axe, chair, fish)
[10:59] <+BoostPower> And if you have some coffee at The Roost first, the caffiene gives you extra strength and speed
[10:59] <Rodan> that would ruin the child-friendliness
[10:59] <+BoostPower> Uhhh hello
[10:59] <+BoostPower> These kids just MOVED AWAY from their families to live alone in a town full of talking animals
[10:59] <+BoostPower> that takes guts
[10:59] <Rodan> hahahaaaahha
[11:00] <+BoostPower> Game needs more action. Wild World has become boring, so I can only predict City Folk will too.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2008, 08:37:59 PM »
I like how Wario Ware: Smooth Moves had us fishing (pull back on the Wiimote when you feel  the rumble).

I want to do more of that.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2008, 02:13:33 PM »
The motion control will be great for fishing, bug-catching, etc.

...Although, considering the title, maybe you'll use the motion control to swipe credit cards.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Linkin800

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2008, 03:29:50 PM »
Sadly the only Motion Controll in the game is pointing and clicking just like in Wild World where you would put the pen somewhere on the screen and your charicter would go their.

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2008, 04:21:08 PM »
I did not like AC on the DS pretty much, I have to admit. It felt slower. I had hours upon hours of fun with the GameCube version, though. Judging by the videos, the Wii version looks like it's more fast-paced, which I like. Pointing and clicking always feels faster to me than dragging with the stylus or moving with the control stick.

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2008, 01:56:50 PM »
I'll get this game if the ratings are good, and I hear that it's better than the others.
Gently push a piece of the tube containing the intersection along the fourth dimension, out of the original three dimensional space.
- WIkipedia page on the Klein bottle

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2008, 09:08:03 AM »
Wild World was underwhelming, but I know I'll always have the original to fall back on if this disappoints (to be honest, I don't know a whole lot about this game, at least in terms of what it looks like so far. I've been gone, and my home comp's dial-up isn't exactly eager to show pictures and video very fast).

And I know it's part of the series, but... man, I'm sick of fishing.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2008, 08:22:13 AM »
Fishing=the only way to pay off your mortgage effectively...
Also, I thought that while WW was a bit lacking in the graphics department, I liked how you could customize your character beyond what shirt they wear (haircuts, hats, accessories, etc.)

« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2008, 02:13:45 PM »
Fishing? I'm in the fruit business. I plant all sorts of fruit trees that aren't from my town and earn near 70,000 a day, every three days.
Gently push a piece of the tube containing the intersection along the fourth dimension, out of the original three dimensional space.
- WIkipedia page on the Klein bottle

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2008, 04:26:22 PM »
Foreign fruits work too, but it's faster, easier, and more profitable to fish, IMO.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2008, 01:57:39 PM »
Does anyone know how much the WiiSpeak michrophone will cost? I want to get AC:CF, but I'm not sure about said accessory.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Print