Print

Author Topic: Brawl Stages  (Read 5219 times)

« on: August 05, 2008, 06:14:46 PM »
What kind of stages have you created in SSBB? Are there any you care to tell about, any that have a story behind them?

Share them here!

Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2008, 06:18:40 PM »
http://wheresdezzer.freezoka.com/stages.html

No, clicking that following link doesn't work. Thanks, Freezoka. But copying it and pasting it in the address bar should. You can download 'em if you click the names, put them on an SD card and play on them... but since I altered the files' names the dates will not be correct at all.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2008, 07:13:42 PM »
That's neat! I'm at work, so I can't follow the link (or copy/paste).

Can anybody just put their stages on the web (assuming they have the tools/know how)?
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2008, 09:25:23 PM »
I was wondering when a thread like this was gonna appear...

Anyway, here are 7 of the stages that I made that I'm kinda proud of.  Though instead of the screenshot-stitching method used by BirdPerson, I went with the old-fashioned grid paper-n-pencil style of preview maps.
I've included a zip file HERE with all o' 'em (I think), as I couldn't tell 'em apart.

Anyway:

SIMPLE STAGE

This was made to try out the Brawl stage editor.  It's not a bad stage, it's just simple.

PROMONTORY

Made to resemble a promontory, of course.  The promontory itself was supposed to be the focal point, but much of the action ends up taking place on the two springboards.

ROBERTO'S TOMB

Made in an attempt to make an effective stage on a small scale.  There's also a ladder on the lower-right for last-ditch recoveries, but I've never seen it used.  Named after Roberto's, a chain of 24-hour taco restaurants, and the food being eaten during the stage's creation.

ZIGZAGGURAT

Created to resemble the ancient stepped pyramids.  Complete with interior passageways and a sacrificial table on the top.  I like how this one turned out.

BOBAPLEX

Yet another large-scale stage, this time focusing on a few enclosed rooms and the passageways between them, which happened to end up nicely angled for launching foes through 'em.  Named for "boba", the drink with the tapioca balls in it, which, again, was being drank at the time.

SLIPPERY SLOPE

Simple concept: a slope that things slide down.  Not much more to it, but an enjoyable stage nonetheless.

CYGNET TOWERS

My final stage, named for the term for a baby swan.  The idea here was to use the rotating platforms in such a way that didn't seem like using 'em for the sake of using 'em.  Incidentally, this is the most gimmicks I've used in a single stage.  Computers aren't very good at this stage.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2008, 09:30:20 PM by Fifth »
Go Moon!

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2008, 08:06:18 AM »
Oh, let's see, I've made about 64 different stages, perhaps I'll post a few of my better ones later.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2008, 09:05:37 AM »
Thank you, Fifth. By doing the paper-and-pencil method, they can make it to my Brawl! BP's can't because I don't have an SD Card adapter.

Though, hand-making Promontory is going to take awhile. And most of the others. My stages are 1 stage from a suggestion from a friend, and 1 CD factory. I'm not that big of a stage-maker. Although, I did have a few pretty good stages before I wiped my Vault data.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2008, 09:08:15 AM by luigalaxy »

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2008, 08:30:17 AM »
W- Wings! Wiped your vault data!?

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2008, 09:48:39 PM »
A lot of the custom stages I made were garbage stages, made only to complete records, most of which were not thought through during their creation. However, one that I am truly proud of is Buncha Ice. As the name suggests, it's made entirely of ice platforms. It's simple, yet challenging if you're not careful. A player using Ice Climbers could definitely rule the school here. To complete the frosty theme, the background music is Frozen Hillside from Kirby Air Ride. :D I like it, at least.
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2008, 10:38:37 PM »
Why is this in General Chat?

Anyway, the only stage I have made is an item factory, after someone here mentioned the concept. I guess I lack creativity when it comes to these sorts of things.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2008, 12:03:10 AM by MaxVance »
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2008, 11:22:53 PM »
The only brawl stages I've made are terrible. I actually hate playing on them because they usually consist of mainly falling blocks and nothing else.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2008, 12:46:11 AM »
I have grown to hate playing on mine because the randomizer never gives me a real stage when the homemade ones are turned on.
It's YOUR problem!

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2008, 07:10:56 AM »
How many have you made?

« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2008, 07:21:42 PM »
That makes me think, BP: How did you create that one stage that was just a single platform about 2 spaces wide? I've tried to create the smallest possible stage like that, but've had no luck.

You posted some pictures from it in the Brawl pics topic.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2008, 07:26:44 PM »
He could have shown a small fragment of a much larger stage, or had falling platforms all around that had just fallen down recently...

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2008, 07:30:00 PM »
No, I just haven't updated that page for a long time. It was a single block wide--you need to put at least three falling blocks at the top of the stage, ideally off to the sides.
It's YOUR problem!

Print