Print

Author Topic: New Nintendo DS model?  (Read 16495 times)

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #45 on: October 02, 2008, 07:12:29 AM »
I... have no reason to buy this. Maybe, just maybe, if I was given it, I'd be pleased, but I've little interest in any case.

Here's some more coverage:

http://gonintendo.com/?p=57999#comments
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #46 on: October 02, 2008, 08:02:06 AM »
I... have no reason to buy this. Maybe, just maybe, if I was given it, I'd be pleased, but I've little interest in any case.
You've already confirmed this.
Let's hope we don't see this again:
Yeah... I'm not getting it.
You don't have to keep reminding people you hate Nintendo.

I'm interested in the DSi. My 3-year-old DS is aging, and I don't have a portable camera. I'm interested in the DSWare feature as well.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #47 on: October 02, 2008, 08:11:56 AM »
Maybe, just maybe, if I was given it, I'd be pleased
You mean there's a slight chance you might appreciate someone spending $180 on you, even if it meant supporting Nintendo? Blasphemy!
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #48 on: October 02, 2008, 08:26:54 AM »
I thought about trading my old DS for a DSi, but the loss of the GBA slot is kind of a deal breaker for me.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #49 on: October 02, 2008, 08:28:09 AM »
I don't have any GBA games at this time, so I'm all right with trading. I still have by GBA if I wanted something.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #50 on: October 02, 2008, 10:12:12 AM »
The DS Lite wasn't worth it for me, but all the stuff on the DSi looks attractive, even without GBA support. I have a Game Boy Player and a GBA anyway.
I have to say that AAC being the chosen audio format is highly disappointing. Maybe a Moonshell-like program will be made to work on it.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 10:55:49 AM by Chupperson Weird »
That was a joke.

« Reply #51 on: October 02, 2008, 11:09:28 AM »
Agreed. I didn't consider buying a DS Lite until a few months ago, but I'm glad I held out on it.

AAC... that's iTunes format, isn't it?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #52 on: October 02, 2008, 11:12:12 AM »
Yes. And since most of my music is MP3 (obsolete but more widely used) and Ogg (better and smaller) I wish I could use my music files in the format they already are.
That was a joke.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #53 on: October 02, 2008, 04:39:24 PM »
You've already confirmed this.You don't have to keep reminding people you hate Nintendo.
I don't hate the DSi. Heck, I think those are some awesome features. I just don't think I'll be getting one, is all (and by the way, this conference blew E3 out of the water).
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #54 on: October 02, 2008, 06:31:27 PM »
I'm buying. It finally looks like Nintendo's doing something I 100% agree with.

Besides, I haven't used my GBA slot in forever. I use my GBA for that.
every

chucknorris

• ID:10 Tango error
« Reply #55 on: October 03, 2008, 06:50:26 PM »
it could use a multi touch screen, like on an iphone. Since there is no GBA slot, you cant play Guitar Hero on it.
How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could could chuck wood?

A wood chuck could chuck as much wood as a wood chuck could chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #56 on: October 03, 2008, 07:26:41 PM »
That makes me happy.
That was a joke.

Print