Print

Author Topic: Mushroom Men: Spore Wars  (Read 7921 times)

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2008, 06:42:15 PM »
Just to show Bleck the error of his ways, I'm going to take "bleck" and turn it into a synonym for falling off a cliff.

Anyway, yeah. MM. Looks good, and I might get the DS version.
every

« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2008, 06:49:43 PM »
Meh, It's all good. :P I've said my piece, that is all!
All worlds shall soon be ruled by the one...Count Bleck!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2008, 12:04:54 AM »
I'm sorry, you cannot have "some random game" or "a game that is random" or whatever. First, as was already covered, random is not a synonym for unexpected or off the wall, and furthermore, computers are incapable of producing random numbers.
That was a joke.

« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2008, 07:52:28 AM »
It may not be defined as such in any dictionary, Chupperson, but the rest of the world doesn't worry about small issues like that - and FYI, it's not ACTUALLY meant to be an official definition by any means, but simply a popular way of explaining an off-the-wall event in a single and pre-existing word...I can't see why that's such a hard concept to follow.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2008, 07:54:23 AM by Count Bleck »

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2008, 10:02:59 AM »
Why do people always assume that the person arguing against something has never before encountered said argument point? I'm well aware of how often people misuse the word, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't understand why they shouldn't use it in that way. I already gave you a word, "unexpected". Or "unpredictable".
That was a joke.

« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2008, 12:55:46 PM »
Heh - but people prefer shorter words...and random is the closest, and may I add Most widely accepted variant - Heck, if people can get away with using it in an English Essay (As I myself have done AND not been questioned on), then that pretty much sums up that the Slang use is applicable, regardless of personal opinion.

Words and Dictionary explanations ALWAYS get bent over time, and language rules and ideologies are always constantly evolving - stay too rigid, and you'll find yourself simply getting annoyed too easily.

Reference: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/random - This also ties semi-neatly into the Slang-based definition...but this is merely one source.
More creditable and reliable sources can be found, However.

Besides, Since that it IS used as a SLANG definition, the word is taken out of the original context - 'Random' may be a mathematical term in and of itself dictionary-wise, but Slang usage is a whole other ballgame entirely. Essentially It SHOULDN'T matter if people use it as such, so long as the original use of the word is still intact for those whom would use it more in it's original state.

Regardless of what you might feel about the subject, this *is* the way of things now, and it's not likely to change just for a few who take up arms because they disagree.

But I digress...This is a thread about video games, and a discussion about language use is pretty non-thread friendly, heh.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2008, 01:21:44 PM »
Yeah, and because of that slang attitude, 'gay's meaning went from happy to homosexual.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Shyguy92

• Ridicules
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2008, 01:57:14 PM »
"it's always the present"

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2008, 04:20:27 PM »
Yeah, and because of that slang attitude, 'gay's meaning went from happy to homosexual.

It still means happy. Also even further slang has transformed the word "gay" into meaning lame or stupid.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2008, 11:10:11 PM »
Wait, how did we get on this topic?

Anyway, I have no interest in this game, primarily because of how much Nintendo Power and their ilk whored for it.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Print