Print

Author Topic: Banjo Kazooie - Nuts and Bolts  (Read 13555 times)

« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2008, 03:06:18 PM »
Oh reviews. Always much more reliable than experience.

For me, they're all I have to work on in this case. considering that I don't own an XBOX 360 and haven't played the demo. Sure, if only a few of them were saying this, then it wouldn't matter, but in this case most sites seem to be agreeing that Nuts and Bolts isn't as good as the first two games. I think that at least counts for something, if not nearly as much as experience. But seriously, since you said you don't own a 360 either, how can you be so sure that experiencing the game will generate a contrary opinion?

They weren't platformers, they were adventures. I can only think of about three examples of actual platforming in all of BK1, the rest was performing other tasks or mini-games. This game is pretty much the same thing, except with vehicles that you build instead of moves you learn from Bottles. Just because it's not exact replica of the first two Banjo games doesn't mean Rare is "dead', because if they were, they wouldn't be making games at all.

I'm talking figuratively here, not literaly. Rare may still be making games, but it doesn't mean that they're worth playing.
What is a mystery? Just go inside my head, and you'll find out.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2008, 04:14:10 PM »
For me, they're all I have to work on in this case.

This isn't a history essay. When you have nothing to build a case, don't try to make one up! As for me, I saw the intro to the game and that whirling feeling of yearning churned up in my gut. I have faith in Rare. I believe, based on what I've seen, I would love Nuts & Bolts. I've got to get a 360 somehow.

Edit: That was sort of a hurried response. Of course I'm not basing my opinion just on the intro. But that was what got me the most.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2008, 04:15:54 PM by Bird Person »
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2008, 05:26:15 PM »
This isn't a history essay. When you have nothing to build a case, don't try to make one up! As for me, I saw the intro to the game and that whirling feeling of yearning churned up in my gut. I have faith in Rare. I believe, based on what I've seen, I would love Nuts & Bolts. I've got to get a 360 somehow.

I find this highly ironic considering that you're basing your opinion on an INTRO. You can't judge a game on one opening movie any more than you can judge in on lots of reviews from credible video game sights - probably even less.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2008, 06:26:53 PM »
Edit: That was sort of a hurried response. Of course I'm not basing my opinion just on the intro. But that was what got me the most.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2008, 06:30:19 PM »
A couple games about pinatas does not an awesome game company make. Sure, they're probably some of the better liscensed games released, but if Rare has to mess up their core franchises like Banjo to make a decent game based on a kids cartoon, then I couldn't care less.
WTD? The cartoon is based on the game!

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2008, 06:48:33 PM »
Actually, the game is based on a cartoon which is based on a German educational game which is based on an obscure 1984 Disney movie which was based on a line of Japan-only action figures.
every

« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2008, 06:51:30 PM »
(quoted post)

Yes, I know, but I don't see how that makes my post any less relavent. You said that my line about the reviews got to you the most, so I simply responded to that.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2008, 07:10:15 PM »
In response to all:

1) Reviews come from somebody's experience.
2) Viva Pinata, good though it may be (or so I've heard), was intentionally designed to move toys and TV shows, both of which fell on their face.

Rare may still be making games, but it doesn't mean that they're worth playing.
I've got a whole different company in mind when it comes to that sort of statement...

Also, this:

"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2008, 08:57:29 PM »
Well, looks like we've got two ShadowBrians roaming around being cautiously pessimistic. I'm leaving the forums.
It's YOUR problem!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2008, 10:45:57 PM »
Hey, leave zarkan out of this.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2008, 11:42:20 PM »
BP, if you leave the forums, you'll upset the delicate ecosystem we've got going here. SB would have no one to keep his Nintendo snipes in check, and I'd have no one to snipe in regards to their snipes about SB's snipes. Before you know it, we'd all go krazy.
every

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2008, 11:47:02 PM »
Leave him out of it? Wasn't I talking to him?

Look all I'm saying is you don't know if you'll like a game until you play it. Are you guys the same with food, too?
It's YOUR problem!

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2008, 12:57:50 AM »
I don't plan on getting a 360 anytime soon.  Although X-Box arcade has the original Banjo Kazooie games, it just wouldn't feel right to play them on a console not made by Nintendo.  I'd rather buy the N64 versions on eBay (If I ever get a PayPal account).
If I get the chance, I'll try a store demo, but I won't be able to form a solid opinion, since I've never played the first two.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2008, 02:13:36 AM »
And that's another thing. How wouldn't it feel right? The Banjo games were never Nintendo games and never will be Xbox games--they're Rare games on Nintendo and Microsoft consoles.

But, you know, whatever. Play the first two however you want, just play them. They're great games. But looking at the beautiful graphics in Nuts & Bolts... I'd pay for B-K/B-T to look like that...
It's YOUR problem!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2008, 08:06:25 AM »
I thought B&K/BT were at least published by Nintendo...

Just for the record, it's not that I hate this game on sight, it's just that it has a couple of distracting quirks. I actually think the the core concept sounds somewhat enticing. Besides, there's one main reason I'm not buying it: I've got a Wii.

Print