Print

Author Topic: Left 4 Dead  (Read 36519 times)

« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2008, 04:52:03 PM »
Last night I was in a party with an actual girl playing Zoey and an actual black guy playing Louis.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2008, 05:41:29 PM »
I played one game where actual white people were playing as Bill, Zoey and Francis.
every

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2008, 10:08:29 PM »
Today I was playing Blood Harvest on advanced and something amusing happened.

Me and three very capable, microphone equipped (this is good for the lulz), strangers were cautiously blasting our way through the map when we got to the end of chapter (?) where you have to cross the long bridge and there's a train car turned safe house at the end. We got horde-spammed about three times near the barn/house right before the bridge so two guys ran back to the barn where there was an ammo pile. I was standing on top of one of the train cars ahead picking off zombies with the hunting rifle when suddenly one of the guys yells, "OH ####!" I turn around and see his tiny, yellow outline wriggling in the embrace of a Smoker's tongue obscured in fog. Everyone was fairly out of reach so he was going to take a lot of damage before anyone got to him. I peered into the fog with my scope and saw a pixel or two of green swirling around above the survivor's yellow outline. I didn't believe it but I took a blind shot into what I perceived as the center of the swirl and was rewarded with a message saying "Daddy TEM killed the Smoker."

This all happened within the space of perhaps three seconds. I promptly pushed the talk button and yelled "FROM DOWNTOWN" at the top of my voice while the other three guys all asked me how in the world I made that shot at the same time.

Later in the same run the final run into the tank/truck thing was pretty intense. We were really spread out in the field so we could take out the tank easier, and one of the guys ended up really far away when the vehicle pulled up. Three of us got in right away but the fourth guy was almost beyond visibility and getting swarmed. One guy timidly asked, perhaps with a tear in his eye, "Is he going to make it?" Once again, my hunting rifle came to the rescue. I scoped and completely tore down the group of zombies surrounding the survivor while a guy got out of the vehicle with an assault rifle cleared out the immediate area. The fourth survivor got into truck, all of the survivors made it. One guy got the achievement for never falling down, and none of us died during the campaign.

gg

« Reply #33 on: December 25, 2008, 12:03:27 AM »
I saw a hilarious comment today:

"The Witch is crying because Chicago Ted is in the city."

TEM

« Reply #34 on: December 25, 2008, 01:26:24 PM »
I punched someone off the roof of Mercy hospital as the Tank today. Best feeling in the world.

Edit: I forgot the best part. The guy's message in the chat (he was a noob and wasn't using teamchat) "he punched me off" I like to think his lack of punctuation and capitalization represented his total disbelief at what just happened.

I'm also writing a noob guide for the basic Infected team attack and some other pointers. I'll post it here as well as the L4D forums when it is finished.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2008, 01:32:31 PM by TEM »

« Reply #35 on: December 25, 2008, 01:28:21 PM »
I'm planning on buying Left 4 Dead sometime in the near future with Christmas money and Golden TEM Point money and whatnot. I hope TEM isn't getting tired of it!

TEM

« Reply #36 on: December 25, 2008, 02:53:47 PM »
Here is the Basic Infected Attack Plan (with extra pointers.)

Edit: I got the CROWND achievement today using the tactic described in the Extra Pointers!!!

Edit2: attached a crazy picture I saw.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2008, 11:22:25 PM by TEM »

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #37 on: December 27, 2008, 01:08:16 PM »
Well, I have Left 4 Dead now. Not surprisingly, it gave me nightmares. Apparently the Smoker had quite an effect on my subconscious.

« Reply #38 on: December 27, 2008, 01:23:05 PM »
I guess that means I have to get it now, so all four of us can play.

« Reply #39 on: December 27, 2008, 03:36:57 PM »
LEFT 4 DEAD GEEEEEEEEEEEET

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #40 on: December 27, 2008, 08:32:08 PM »
I should be getting it on Monday. :D
No! I don't want that!

TEM

« Reply #41 on: December 28, 2008, 10:11:47 PM »
Me and bobman37 just had a sweet round of L4D. The finale was a little too easy (we were playing on Normal) so in the rush to the rescue vehicle I decided to run out and save the downed bot even though the 3 humans were safely aboard to make it more exciting. The result was me getting the bot up, but then a Tank downing one of the humans and I ran back on the plane screaming for bobman37 to get on so he'd get the achievement. bobman and I escaped while the bot and human died outside.

« Reply #42 on: December 29, 2008, 12:12:58 AM »
Yeah, I escaped, but barely. I had merely ticks of health left and the horde was swiping at me from behind, hindering my movement. So I turned around, held S and right-click and TEM was shouting "GET ON GET ON" and I was like "I'M GONNA DIE" and I broke free from the horde and got aboard the plane. It was probably the most intense moment of the night.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #43 on: December 30, 2008, 01:52:52 PM »
Edit: I forgot the best part. The guy's message in the chat (he was a noob and wasn't using teamchat) "he punched me off" I like to think his lack of punctuation and capitalization represented his total disbelief at what just happened.

I never actually use teamchat since nothing I ever say ever benefits any team.
every

« Reply #44 on: December 30, 2008, 07:17:59 PM »
Infected see the Survivor text chat?

Print