Print

Author Topic: Left 4 Dead  (Read 36773 times)

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #45 on: December 30, 2008, 09:22:35 PM »
There's a chat where anyone can see it and a chat where just your team sees it. I think Y is allchat and U is teamchat.

Edit: Oh, I realized I didn't answer LD's question, no they can't.

TEM

« Reply #46 on: December 31, 2008, 12:24:22 AM »
I was playing Versus earlier today and my team was doing our turn as the Infected. We got a Tank on the 4th section of No Mercy where the building is only partially built. He punched one guy clear off and the last standing Survivor was running backwards from the Tank and ran off the edge killing himself. Everyone laughed out loud.

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #47 on: December 31, 2008, 04:37:35 AM »
Left 4 Dead for PC GET!

...I'm ALWAYS a Boomer in Versus. ALWAYS. It's because I'm fat, huh!?
No! I don't want that!

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #48 on: December 31, 2008, 10:50:28 AM »
Hey, I love playing Boomer, but I always get a Hunter. It's because I'm always wearing hoodies and jumping on people, probably.

Yesterday something terrible happened. I was on Versus on the Infected team; playing on said team was what sounded like a ten-year-old kid who repeatedly stated he had just gotten Left 4 Dead and referred to his Boomer as a "fatty". And he never spawned; he just sort of followed the action around, declaring how stupid the game was since he couldn't do anything. But before any true hilarity could ensue, I was votekicked.

W
T
F

Votekick me for no reason if you must, but don't do it when there's some hardcore funniness coming. I'll never know what happened next.

Also, I played some co-op where a guy took a twenty-minute smoke break and we all had to huddle up in the safe room guarding his useless Francis while a constant stream of zombies raped us in the doorway.
every

« Reply #49 on: January 01, 2009, 12:08:31 AM »
I played a round on No Mercy today and had a few good moments.

We were on one of the middle stages, I don't remember which one. I joined the game midway, so I got thrown in as Bill and there were humans as the other three. When I joined, I was low on ammo, no one had a health pack and everyone was in the orange for health. Needless to say, I was on a team of noobs. I mean, I'm a L4D noob, and these guys sucked harder than I did. Case in point: I told my team to wait for me as I used a healthpack, so of course all three of them run forward in the open, leaving me backed into a corner next to a truck to heal. Just as I get done, I get gangbanged by a smoker on the truck and a hunter that jumped down the hall to my left. I was incapped and halfway dead before my team realized I was back there. No one had pills or a health pack. We ran over toward a building and inside was a health pack. Two of our dudes were in the green, one was high orange and I was blinking flashing gonna-die-now red. So the high orange guy picks up the health pack before I stumble into the building, and I sit in front of him and teamchat "Heal me please". Then I watched as he bent over and first patched up his legs, then his arms, then gave a satisfied "Ahhhhhhhh" and turned around and ran off to catch up. I stood there in kind of stunned silence, then followed him, health dwindling quickly from 20. Across the street was the safe zone. All three of the dudes were in there already and I was crawling along at a leisurely pace, ****ed off at the guy who healed himself first and at the fact that I wasn't gonna live to see the ammo pile. As I was about twenty steps away and with three health left, I was like "NOOOOOOOOO" and made a dive/jump toward the door. I slipped in with one health left. One. Health.

The other really cool part was at the finale, defending the top of the hospital until the chopper arrived. We were doing ok, I was sniping any and all special infected, one guy on the turret, the other two shooting as needed. All of a sudden, all four of us were on the upper sniping level and the horde was swarming below us. A tank arrived and diverted all our concentration to it, so the horde had time to gather. The dead tank fell off the roof and the horde swarmed us just in time for a boomer to blow up. Zombies were everywhere, I ran out of hunting rifle ammo, the chopper arrived and yelled at us to hurry and get in, and me and this other guy died. I switched first person team view on Francis, who was running behind Zoey. They looked like they had a clear path until all of a sudden from both sides of the screen a big horde accompanied by a tank swarmed around Francis, who immediately died. Zoey was inches away from the chopper and turned around to melee the horde for better running and was met by a hunter to the face. No one survived. It was awesome.

« Reply #50 on: January 01, 2009, 12:27:34 AM »
You can't bleed to death; it will always stop at 1 HP.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #51 on: January 01, 2009, 12:52:51 AM »
Earlier I saw a guy join (we'd been playing with three humans and one bot), type "kill" into the console, and leave at the beginning of the final section of No Mercy. Everyone was calling him a noob who didn't know how to play when it was rather obvious he was griefing. Naturally, we lost.
every

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #52 on: January 01, 2009, 01:46:19 AM »
Well, today was a fun round of Death Toll. We had mostly competent survivors (except for our Francis who would PURPOSEFULLY ATTACK WITCHES, and he finally got an achievement, hmph.), and we never really got in too deep. On one of the middle stages, though, I (Bill) was left with one health, and still managed to save Zoey from a Smoker, Louis from a Hunter, and melee a Tank to death as he beat Louis near to death. And I still managed to make it to the safe house :D!  Later, when we got to the Finale, all was going well. I kept healing people, throwin' pipe bombs, helping bring down tanks. So the boat comes, and as we run to the dock...we all get mauled. By normal infected. And Francis, who was in the green, didn't come to save us, noooo. He just stayed on the boat. He was the only survivor. Ghost of Bill's gonna fix that....
No! I don't want that!

« Reply #53 on: January 01, 2009, 10:00:51 PM »
Dude today I finally accomplished what I've always wanted to. On No Mercy, the part where the survivors have to cross in front of the gas station, scale the buildings and drop down to the sewer, I spawned as a smoker and camped in the corner of the sewer room. Everyone dropped down, but I snagged the last guy in line and killed him from full health because no one could save him. It was so cool.

« Reply #54 on: January 01, 2009, 10:42:11 PM »
Ah L4D. My most recent addiction. If any of you own it for the Xbox, I'd be glad to play a match of versus with ya'. ^^
Wheee...

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #55 on: January 02, 2009, 12:09:16 PM »
Yesterday I was playing with bobman, Captain Jim, and TEM. We were all egging bobman on to go cap a witch with his autoshottie. He was edging closer and closer and we were all telling him he could do it. It looked awesome until the witch wised up and feasted on his entrails.
every

TEM

« Reply #56 on: January 02, 2009, 01:43:05 PM »
He tried to shoot it from like 5 feet away, I told that man he needed to get real close-like.

There was the other funny time bobman37 got incapped by the Witch when I messed up. We had a good system going where I would shoot the Witch with the hunting rifle from far away and everyone else would start shooting her when she ran at me. Well one of the times we did it I missed the Witch like 5 times in a row and bobman37 thought I was hitting her, he shot her from like ten feet away and she ran at him and gave him a slap. It was pretty funny from my end.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2009, 01:45:32 PM by TEM »

« Reply #57 on: January 02, 2009, 02:38:12 PM »
Yeah, both times I was thinking "awwww yeeeah this (w)itch is going DOWN" and then I went down and was like "...well (poop)."

Vulgar language is practically a necessity when playing/talking about L4D because you can't help it.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #58 on: January 02, 2009, 10:18:28 PM »
I was singing "Smack My (W)itch Up" by The Prodigy whenever I teabagged a witch. For good luck.
every

TEM

« Reply #59 on: January 04, 2009, 09:50:08 AM »

Print