Print

Author Topic: Another of those terrible newbly threads  (Read 17095 times)

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2008, 08:06:10 PM »
360: A few exclusive RPGs
PS3: Almost everything good on 360 and a lot more awesome stuff
That was a joke.

« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2008, 09:09:40 PM »

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2008, 11:00:44 PM »
360: A few exclusive RPGs
PS3: Almost everything good on 360 and a lot more awesome stuff
QFT
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2008, 12:59:01 AM »
I'm going for the Arcade, so no backward compatibility.
Nnnno you're not. Save the extra money and get one with a hard drive. You're going to need it.

Ever since I played F-ZERO, I've enjoyed Mario Kart less. It's so slow and the tracks are boring. The only thing that saves it is items, but items also get annoying in the newer ones. What I'm saying is, the racing game has to have something really great about it, or I'll just find myself saying "I need more BOOST POWER" or "I need more CYLINDER WAVE."
I hate racing games. Gran Turismo and Forza and especially Need for Speed, those all bore the heck out of me. Burnout is totally different, though. The crashes. The crashes. The game's all about wrecks and tricks and making other people crash and crashing into intersections and it's soooo fun. Burnout is, by a mile, my favorite series of game that involves anything with a motor and wheels (my favorite game involving wheels in general: skate.) I've never played F-Zero so I can't compare it to Mario Kart or Burnout, but Burnout is definitely not slow. Although it is pretty much all about boosting. Boosting and crashing. I love it.

« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2008, 03:19:05 AM »
With no hard drive, you can kiss most of the good things on XBLA goodbye unless you plan on buying buttloads of memory cards and swaping the games you have in and out when you need to play them.

Also, Chupperson and ShadowBrian are real reets.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2008, 02:51:01 PM »
360: Pure awesome, with some great exlcusives, but sadly with a monthly online fee should you wish to interact with other humans.
PS3: Further awesome, with free online, but the system itself is mad-expensive.
Wii: An average of one decent game every five months, with 1995-era online for the games that even have it.

Choose your weapon.
every

« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2008, 04:51:53 PM »
Please don't turn this thread into a console-comparison/flamewar thread. I like talking about the 360 and how Bird Person should buy one.

As I stated in a chatroom, I believe the things Bird Person will need when purchasing a 360 are:

1) Xbox 360 Pro (299.99)
2) Play and Charge Kit for Wireless Controller (19.99)
3) Extra money for a chosen game and tax (~79.99)
For a grand total of about 400 dollars.

I know it's a lot more than your previous plan, which was probably just a 360 Arcade (199.99), but here's why you should not get the Arcade:

-You won't be able to save your games on 256 megabytes
-Buying a bunch of 512 memory cards (49.99) is ridiculous because once you buy two, BAM, there's the price of 60 gigs' worth of hard drive
-No backward compatibility for all the need-to-play Xbox Originals (Psychonauts, among others)
-Wired controller
-No ethernet cable

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2008, 08:53:34 PM »
Whoa! A wired controller and zilch space? I knew the Arcade was designed to try to siphon casuals off of Nintendo, but geez...

360: Pure awesome, with some great exlcusives, but sadly with a monthly online fee should you wish to interact with other humans.
PS3: Further awesome, with free online, but the system itself is mad-expensive.
Wii: An average of one decent game every five months, with 1995-era online for the games that even have it.

Choose your weapon.
QF... you know what, no. POTY.

Oh, just a sec here... not to jack this thread, but could anybody point me in the direction of a past "terrible newbly thread" regarding the PS2 and/or PS3? I've been considering getting ahold of the latter...

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2008, 09:10:47 PM »
Do your homework for once, BrainInTheShadows. Only the Core had wired controllers, and it's been discontinued.

Anyway, I'll just buy a bigger hard drive later on, or get it for my birthday, or both. As for Ethernet, did you forget I have a satellite connection? Think I'm going to be playing online anyway!??
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2008, 09:52:48 PM »
Hey. ShadowBrain. Shut up.

Seriously, RIGHT after I make a post about how this thread should not be about console comparison, all you have to say is "QFT hur hur hurrrrrrrrrrr" and a stupid pointless question you could have solved yourself by doing a liiiittle bit of research. But no, instead you ask us to do it.

MAN

Bird Person: I guess I'm the one that didn't do the research. I thought wired controllers were included with the Arcade, but I just checked and I guess they're not. Which tells me you didn't read my post.

I just gave you a bunch of reasons why you shouldn't just get the Arcade and buy a hard drive later. You'll want to start saving your games and downloading XBLA demos and games right when you get your Xbox, not having a hard drive will suck until you finally get one. Besides, if you're going to spend the money anyway, why not just do it all at once and reap the Xbox 360 Pro benefits?

Having said that, I'm all for you getting an Xbox 360 sooner, which I would guess is why you're so anxious to get the Arcade. I just think it makes sense to go for the Pro.

As for Ethernet, you're going to need to connect to the internet so you can download stuff from the marketplace.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2008, 10:41:22 PM »
Jesus, people... all I did was respond to bobman (who was apparently the wrong one--thanks for correcting yourself, by the way) and then ask a not-pointless question (I did look, but I couldn't find one). If you're going to hate me, at least have a reason for it.

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2008, 10:54:54 PM »
I love it when people act shocked or appalled on the internet.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2008, 10:59:49 PM »
Apologies where needed.

Hmmm, well, I do have an unused Ethernet cable here. It is very short, but I think the cable connecting the modem to the router is long. Switcheroo.

I have reasons for wanting you to shut up ShadowBrain. You never seem to think about anything except "How can I make a remark about Nintendo and the casuals here." It's getting even more frikkin annoying every frikkin day. And I mean, it's not like it wasn't annoying five months ago. This is a thread about the 360, which you don't seem to care about (for some stupid reason; I mean, you hate Nintendo so why are you apparently loyal to them). GET OUT!! Take your copious posts of "qft qft qft qft poty poty poty poty" with you. Don't you ever get bored of whining? I get bored of reading it!!
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2008, 12:13:44 AM »
I will pay real money dollars to see the ShadowBrain/Bird Person cagematch.
every

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2008, 01:18:06 AM »
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Print