Print

Author Topic: Animal Abuse in video games  (Read 17087 times)

« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2009, 11:04:39 AM »
Is there a loophole if they're furries?

Yes, but you need to be the giant disembodied hands and face of an ape in order to utilize it. Word of advice: Don't let them shoot your palms. or your eyes. Or your medula. But if its a raccoon with a mustache, just leave it be.

Why hasn't anyone mentioned the hamster from Maniac Mansion for NES??   You kids are all too young, methinks.  You can get this hamster in the game, go into the kitchen, put it in the microwave, and make it explode!!

Also, I don't think anyone has mentioned jumping on top of and/or setting on fire turtles/dinosaurs/bugs/waddling muffins/Klansmen/frogs/fish/dolphins,  not to mention jumping off an innocent dinosaur and sending him plummeting to the depths of cheese bridge/ melting in lava.

...I thought this was a Mario board.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2009, 11:09:53 AM by World 6 Retainer »

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2009, 01:56:17 PM »
Why hasn't anyone mentioned the hamster from Maniac Mansion for NES??   You kids are all too young, methinks.  You can get this hamster in the game, go into the kitchen, put it in the microwave, and make it explode!!

I love you.

I also remember the glitch where it's possible to have the hamster in both its pre- and post-microwave states.
every

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2009, 03:33:24 PM »
I hate apes in general.  Donkey Kong escapes my wrath solely because he's a classic character.  Diddy just annoys me.  Plus he's one of maybe two level 9 CPUs that I still consistently have trouble with.

What do you have against apes (and monkeys)? I mean, if science is anything to be believed, we ARE apes! You can't ate the animal most closely related to you!

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2009, 03:46:59 PM »
Chef, people can hate apes if they want. You need to stop acting like it's against the law to hate them.

I hate hate hate monkeys and apes. I hate Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong (Classic character status doesn't stop me). I'm not gonna try to force anyone to hate them as well, but I won't listen to any "BAWWWW U HAEV TO LIEK THEM"s either.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2009, 03:50:44 PM by Captain Jim »
No! I don't want that!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2009, 03:52:20 PM »
I didn't say he HAD to like them. I was just messing with him, 'tis all.

« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2009, 03:59:31 PM »
What do you have against apes (and monkeys)? I mean, if science is anything to be believed, we ARE apes! You can't ate the animal most closely related to you!

So...we automatically have to love apes because we're distantly related to them?

That's bull.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2009, 04:01:21 PM »
I'm related to a lot of people I don't like.
No! I don't want that!

« Reply #37 on: March 09, 2009, 04:04:12 PM »
As far as I'm concerned, I'm not related to an ape whatsoever. Our DNA might be similar, but that in no way makes them likable or a beloved member of my human family.

Apes are among my least favorite animals. Diddy is cool because of Diddy Kong Racing, not because he's an ape/chimp/whatever the heck he is.

EDIT: It just occurred to me that TC said "we can't ate apes," not "we can't hate apes."
« Last Edit: March 09, 2009, 04:07:29 PM by PaperLuigi »

« Reply #38 on: March 09, 2009, 05:20:41 PM »

Also, I don't think anyone has mentioned jumping on top of and/or setting on fire turtles/dinosaurs/bugs/waddling muffins/Klansmen/frogs/fish/dolphins,  not to mention jumping off an innocent dinosaur and sending him plummeting to the depths of cheese bridge/ melting in lava.

...I thought this was a Mario board.

Ahem

What about the Mario games? Stomping on turtles, throwing turtle shells, grabbing monkeys and rabbits, pulling legs off of Bloopers, hitting monkeys with hammers? The list could go on and on..
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2009, 07:06:07 PM »
@ Jim and PL:

Again, I was joking. How can you seriously think I was serious? [/redundancy]

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #40 on: March 09, 2009, 08:28:15 PM »
Of all the Kongs, Diddy's my favorite. I don't actively hate them, I just don't really care for Donkey Kong Country. I did hate the uncontrollable popularity of monkeys some years ago. Seems that the baton's been passed to penguins now.

But why did Brawl not give Diddy his real voice? Why why?
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #41 on: March 09, 2009, 08:34:50 PM »
Real chimpanzee noises are hilarious.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #42 on: March 10, 2009, 07:33:02 AM »
Klansmen
Wut.

Also, my fault for forgetting the MM hamster.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #43 on: March 10, 2009, 01:35:30 PM »
But why did Brawl not give Diddy his real voice? Why why?

They didn't give DK his real voice either. Consistency. Plus, they do have that "pseudo-realism" thing going on.

« Reply #44 on: March 11, 2009, 06:12:20 PM »
I miss Diddy's old voice. His cartoony voice beats his generic chimp voice any day.

Print