Print

Author Topic: Super Mario 64: Retro mod  (Read 4500 times)

« on: May 21, 2009, 09:35:42 PM »
I don't usually browse Youtube's video library that much, but I happened upon an awesome Super Mario 64 mod that I wanted to share with everyone here at TMK. These videos were posted (at Youtube) two years ago, so many of you have probably already seen it ... Anyway, here they are. I would advise clicking "mute" on the first link, but not the second link. Enjoy.

old video (watch this first)
updated video
« Last Edit: May 21, 2009, 11:37:32 PM by FlamingBlueMardio »
"It's vital to reflect occasionally on whether one is overdoing whatever it is one person is doing." ~Toadsworth

« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2009, 09:24:07 AM »
I happened to see an older version of this a while back... I wonder why he never fixed up some of the paintings...

EDIT: Dang it, you and ShadowBrain made me want to go back and try to get all the coins in Super Mario 64 again.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2009, 09:23:53 AM by jdaster64 »
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2009, 05:13:22 PM »
I think I saw a ROM of Super Mario Bros. hack called Super Mario 64 NES or something like that. I tried it and it looked just like that. Is this a beta SM64?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2009, 08:15:28 PM »
No it's a hack. Duh.
That was a joke.

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2009, 12:57:20 AM »
I don't know, it doesn't really strike me as that impressive. I mean, I can't do it, but that's because I know nothing about technology or hacking games. But it seems pretty easy to change the wallpaper and stuff. The 8-bit coin was kind of cool, and I liked that one of the signs said "LOL SIGN", but that's about it.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2009, 03:21:10 AM »
It's a process of using certain emulator plugins and replacing files. It's usually done to improve the graphics but most projects don't get finished.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2009, 12:17:10 PM »
Yeah, I figured it was something like that. I don't know, it doesn't seem like it would be that hard to take complex semi-realistic backgrounds and replace them with 8-bit-style ones.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2009, 08:10:51 PM »
Yeah, it's just a texture hack, but it still looks pretty cool.
Also, zomg frostbite
That was a joke.

Print