Print

Author Topic: New Mario titles unveiled at E3  (Read 56460 times)

« Reply #135 on: June 18, 2009, 03:19:59 PM »
Heck, there's no saying that the Toad in one game is the same as in another. Perhaps NSMBWii will give the option to swap your Mushroom man's pallette to the "classic" red.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #136 on: June 18, 2009, 04:44:04 PM »
Does it really matter what color he is? Toad is still Toad, even if his colors are different.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2009, 08:11:33 PM by Dr. Echidna »

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #137 on: June 18, 2009, 08:13:01 PM »
I'm going to disagree, and also say that with the backing of Nintendo.
That was a joke.

« Reply #138 on: June 18, 2009, 08:17:58 PM »
Now I've really confused myself...

« Reply #139 on: June 20, 2009, 06:47:32 AM »
Does "The Toad" even exist anymore? I think once they started referring to all the mushroom people as Toads was when "Toad" lost his identity. Sure, there's a Toad in the recent Mario Kart games and stuff, but there's also a Koopa Troopa. Who's to say that Toad isn't as equally generic?

« Reply #140 on: June 20, 2009, 09:15:15 AM »
Frostbite, that's a really, really good point you made there.

« Reply #141 on: July 23, 2009, 07:25:29 AM »
I knew there was something familiar going on here! Nintendo totally pulled a King of the World moment.

I don't have any screenshots, but look at the end of the SMG2 video. Mario could totally be yelling I'm King of the World! Now where have we seen that before? Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (the movie). When Harry tames the Hippogriff and rides it across the lake. Another King of the World moment.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #142 on: July 28, 2009, 01:23:14 AM »
Sorry for the double post, but now that we're almost two months since the announcement, I have a couple of things..

The music in the SMG2 videos doesn't seem quiet as good as the music from SMG1. I don't know, something about it just doesn't feel as.. epic (this word is overused yes, but it fits well here) as it did in the first game.

Likewise, I hope the music used in the New SMBWii video isn't final. It too doesn't feel as polished as the music in New SMB.

I realise that both of these things could (and probably will) change somewhat between now and release date. I just wanted to see what everyone else thought.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #143 on: July 28, 2009, 09:05:59 AM »
It doesn't feel as epic because it's not orchestrated and it was a half-remix of SMG music. Not that the game will necessarily be released with a soundtrack composed of non-orchestrated half-remixes...
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #144 on: July 28, 2009, 10:54:38 AM »
But it probably will. I think Nintendo spent its entire Good Game budget on SMG.
That was a joke.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #145 on: July 28, 2009, 03:09:55 PM »
Well, I would've said that, but I figured everyone would go apeshiz on me...

« Reply #146 on: July 28, 2009, 08:41:07 PM »
We haven't even played SMG2 yet. There might be some half-remixes along with some brand new orchestrated music and hopefully a lot more fun stuff to do before and after you finish the game. And I think NSMBW's blue and yellow toads were only there for the demo. This game looks like it'll involve more multi-player action so we might be seeing 6 unlockable characters. I'm hoping to see Peach, Toad (red and white hat, blue shirt), Wario, Daisy, Bowser and Bowser Jr. as unlockable characters. Mario and Luigi would obviously be playable characters from the start. Hey, we might even be able to unlock and play as the Koopa Kids.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 10:51:47 PM by FlamingBlueMario »
"It's vital to reflect occasionally on whether one is overdoing whatever it is one person is doing." ~Toadsworth

« Reply #147 on: July 28, 2009, 09:16:54 PM »
I'm hoping to see Peach, Toad (red and white hat, blue shirt), Wario, Daisy, Bowser and Bowser Jr. (...) ...Koopa Kids.

As nice as a varied character roster would be, some of those suggestions border on being gimmicky, unintuitive and unnecessary additions to what will undoubtably be an otherwise top-quality title. Mario platformers always have and always should rely on simplicity and top-notch gameplay, not appealing to oft-unappreciative gamers' fancies by needlessly pasting in their favourite obscure characters.

That's already Mario Party's duty, you see.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #148 on: July 28, 2009, 10:34:47 PM »
gimmicky, unintuitive and unnecessary additions to what will undoubtably be an otherwise top-quality title.
I hope you're not telling me those qualities would be unusual on the Wii...

Also, I'd like to thank FBM's theory concerning the Toads for giving me at least a little thin hope for better characters in that game.

/ShadowBrain-ness

« Reply #149 on: July 29, 2009, 11:59:18 AM »
...I'm hoping to see Peach, Toad (red and white hat, blue shirt), Wario, Daisy, Bowser, Bowser Jr. and possibly the koopalings as unlockable characters
*facepalm*

Seriously... The two Toads are pretty much the only characters that would actually make sense helping Mario & Luigi rescue Peach.
...And why should there be a billion characters in a game that only has four players who are all supposed to control the same way?
« Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 05:26:10 PM by Dr. Echidna »

Print